Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: th14 drops, no new, troops no new spells, no new meta....

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsjusmac View Post
    So if you have a fish to eat for dinner, and your offered 4 new variants of a fork to eat it with, are you still eating fish for dinner? lol People seem to think im not taking into consideration of the new pets or new content the update has given us, new levels to some ,troops and defences, im fully aware we got new content guys lol meta or new strategies, whatever u wanna call it can only happen with new troops or spells, right? whether i have maxed my pets or not , whether im hitting a maxed 14 or not , wont a qc lalo still be a qc lalo with nothing new to add to the existing or am i wrong
    No you certainly donít need new troops every single time for new meta to still be discovered and emerge.
    Sometimes certain changes in the game. Defensively, changes to troops or spells, changes to defenses as well as new defenses, new mechanics or new levels caused meta changes.

Dragons and loons had been around for a long time before someone made it a meta at a certain point in certain TH levels.
    Hogs and miners had been around before someone invented the hybrid attack.
    The AQ and healers had been around years... and a change in AQ AI years ago caused the QW to be invented...
    In all of these examples no new troops were introduced to come up with these strategies. They became popular much much later.

Ive read it all too often through the years. People writing off new content whether it was defenses, troops, features etc etc way before anything sensible could be said.

Thank you TerMinus Prime

Hay Day | Level: 136 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    Maybe the next update brings new troops/spells... and by then we will have had time get our pets upgraded a bit...
    Maybe supercell have planned it this way...
    That will probably happen. They need to save stuff for future updates.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    No you certainly don’t need new troops every single time for new meta to still be discovered and emerge.
    Sometimes certain changes in the game. Defensively, changes to troops or spells, changes to defenses as well as new defenses, new mechanics or new levels caused meta changes.
    So what you are saying is that you agree TH14 update doesn't create new meta or new strategies, because you don't need a new TH (and new Troop) to create new meta and since TH13 Troops Choices are the same as TH14. Except for well, Hero Pets (which you can't control where to deploy them and which buildings to attack) and 1 additional CC Spell which equals to additional 7% spell capacity to the spell you can hold at TH13.

My 2 cents: I agree we should play the max game first before judging the game, but in terms of Troops choices, it goes back to TH12 where all the troops are already available and just different level. Here is what I disagree, I don't agree additional Troop level is meta changing. If what you said is true then we should only play with high level 3 original troops in Barbarian, Archer and Giant (Melee Attacker, Range Attacker, Tank) at TH14. Since high level Giants will somehow create new meta at TH14 (what you believed).

Just like previous TH levels released, the game need new troop unlocked at TH13 and meta changing to TH13 and TH14. Again, from the Troops Choices point of view.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; April 22nd, 2021 at 01:31 AM.

Banned
    No you certainly don’t need new troops every single time for new meta to still be discovered and emerge.

Dragons and loons had been around for a long time before someone made it a meta at a certain point in certain TH levels.
    Hogs and miners had been around before someone invented the hybrid attack.
    The AQ and healers had been around years... and a change in AQ AI years ago caused the QW to be invented...
    In all of these examples no new troops were introduced to come up with these strategies. They became popular much much later.

Ive read it all too often through the years. People writing off new content whether it was defenses, troops, features etc etc way before anything sensible could be said.
    I shall sit patiently to see how many new strategies emerge from the addition of pets and stronger defences until the next content update then... who doesnt like sensible lol 1 new troop or spell wouldve been a huge difference in my opinion, but i am here for others thoughts after all

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    So what you are saying is that you agree TH14 update doesn't create new meta or new strategies, because what could be done by TH14 could be done by TH13 as well. Except for well, Hero Pets (which you can't control where to deploy them and which buildings to attack) and 1 additional CC Spell which equals to additional 7% spell capacity to the spell you can hold at TH13.

My 2 cents: in terms of Troops choices, it goes back to TH12 where all the troops are already available and just different level. So no, I don't agree additional Troop level is meta changing. If what you said is true then we should only play with high level 3 original troops in Barbarian, Archer and Giant (Melee Attacker, Range Attacker, Tank) at TH14. Because high level Giants will create new meta at TH14 (what you believed).

Just like previous TH levels released, the game need new troop unlocked at TH13 and meta changing to TH13 and TH14.
    No, I never said that.

I do not know whether the update will or will not have meta or strategy changes, it is simply too early to tell. Thatís all! Iím leaving the possibilities open for now.

If you even have the slightest idea how much work goes into base building, testing, trying new things and FC-ing like crazy is put into the game by the ďprosĒ who often come up with most novelties then theyíre still very much in the middle of that and some might not share their trade secrets just yet.

With the part you quoted I was replying to the OP statement that you need new troops or spells to allow new strategies or metas to emerge. And I claimed this wasnít true as certain examples I listed were invented a long long time after the troops were. Which means that new metas can always be invented with existing troops as well.

Thank you TerMinus Prime

This makes me laugh lol experiment with what? Is a pet stuck to a hero going to change how you gowipe or hybrid or dragbat etc.... There is nothing new to experiment with until the next content release
    for me...the need for dark elix to upgrade pets and heroes made me completely change my attack strategy from heavy dark droops like ice golems and witches with 8 eq...to a mostly air attack using edrags, drags and loons. I went from an attack costing me over 3k in dark per attack to an attack that actually costs me 0 dark elix.

Being in legend league, the most dark I can get per attack is 7k not counting any bonus. So for me, th14 completely changed how I approach every base.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #27
    I shall sit patiently to see how many new strategies emerge from the addition of pets and stronger defences until the next content update then... who doesnt like sensible lol 1 new troop or spell wouldve been a huge difference in my opinion, but i am here for others thoughts after all
    Sure Iíd welcome a new troop. Itís always fun when something new is introduced and maybe they will later on.

Quite frankly Iím happy they first give us some time to work on defense. Otherwise a new troops are introduced everyone maxes their offense really fast leaving defense upgrades way behind and the nerf brigade starts crying and screaming and throwing their toys out of the pram. We have seen plenty of those examples.

Thank you TerMinus Prime

Th 14 is powerhouse.

Quite frankly Iím happy they first give us some time to work on defense. Otherwise a new troops are introduced everyone maxes their offense really fast leaving defense upgrades way behind and the nerf brigade starts crying and screaming and throwing their toys out of the pram. We have seen plenty of those examples.
    Well instead of new max troops,my base is getting tripled by max pets and heroes at 5600 cup range.

Centennial Club
    The limited existing troop upgrades and no new troops seems like a way to put the focus on Pets for now. It feels like a bite sized set of upgrades with the introduction of TH14, maybe/probably with another solid chunk for the summer update? Either way, I'm content for now as I only maxed out just prior to the update and play in a very casual clan.