Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An idea that can fix the hassle of getting to a new TH and getting the same but lvl1.

An idea that can fix the hassle of getting to a new TH and getting the same but lvl1.

So a very annoying part of getting to a new town hall is getting like a new archer tower and having to max that out. It takes more time than you would to upgrade your already maxed archer towers. Logically, it doesn't make a lot of sense because you have these complete archer towers that are advanced and this one archer tower where you start at square one.

I was thinking when you get these new archer towers or whatever, Maybe yall could make it where if you have that level of building, you could upgrade a new one for one large price and It will take around say.. if you had a Lvl10 archer tower and a level 1, you could upgrade from the level 1 to maybe 10. And the upgrade time could be something like near a week or 4 days.

It will also help rushed bases to max this out. I know it might be a little too overpowered but maybe it could be nerfed if turned into a feature In some way.

Have a good day anyone reading this!

Would be massively abused.

Step 1. Build and max out only one archer tower for my TH level.
    Step 2. Build new archer towers that will be maxed out to match the archer tower from step 1.
    Step 3. Repeat the process for every new TH level you upgrade to.

This would result in players only ever having to max out one defensive structure, thus giving them access to a fully upgraded version when they build the new ones and bypassing every upgrade along the way. You could do this for the most expensive defenses too like scattershots, infernos, and x-bows. This game is about the journey, not the destination. And your proposal would exponentially speed up the journey. Players would sit on maxed bases for months waiting for new content because they could blow through all their upgrades in less than a month
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:23 PM.

It sounds like you are suggesting to combine the costs and time for several upgrades into one. It’s almost like automating the upgrade process, but it’s probably actually not the best idea, because you never know if you might need that builder for a more important upgrade while waiting for a combined multi upgrade to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Would be massively abused.

Step 1. Max out only one archer tower for my TH level
    Step 2. Upgrade TH
    Step 3. Build new archer tower that will be maxed out for the new TH level.

This would result in players only ever having to max out one defensive structure in order to get maxed out versions without upgrading them.
    Some of this exploiting could be fixed if the price and times were high enough and the there were some more restrictions.

Say at th 8 you could place a lvl 8 archer tower (max th 7) and at th 9+ you could only place up to a lvl 10 archer tower (max th 8).

His example was 4 days of time to upgrade to lvl 10 which is actually a day longer than it normal takes. A week would be way too long for this level.

Cost could be similarly disadvantageous so it would be cheaper to do it normally but you get the convenience of 1 upgrade to do instead of 10.

I definitely think this would be less exploitable especially because it has limits and its disadvantageous.

Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    Some of this exploiting could be fixed if the price and times were high enough and the there were some more restrictions.

Say at th 8 you could place a lvl 8 archer tower (max th 7) and at th 9+ you could only place up to a lvl 10 archer tower (max th 8).

His example was 4 days of time to upgrade to lvl 10 which is actually a day longer than it normal takes. A week would be way too long for this level.

Cost could be similarly disadvantageous so it would be cheaper to do it normally but you get the convenience of 1 upgrade to do instead of 10.

I definitely think this would be less exploitable especially because it has limits and its disadvantageous.
    Even if it couldn't be exploited bases would be significantly less diverse on multi-player and frankly that would make the experience significantly more boring.

Forum All-Star
    The problem would be the large cost of doing 10 levels won't help rushers like you suggest. SC isn't going to give a discount on upgrading multiple levels or reduced time with new or low buildings.

I'd like to also add that this would be a slap in the face to those of us that put in the time and effort to raid for the resources we needed to do all of those upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    The problem would be the large cost of doing 10 levels won't help rushers like you suggest. SC isn't going to give a discount on upgrading multiple levels or reduced time with new or low buildings.
    Even without a group discount on cost and time which shouldn’t happen outside of in game mechanisms like the gold pass, I find the original suggestion problematic because while I do prioritize placing new defenses, I don’t prioritize further upgrades unless I want to keep the builder busy for a short while knowing I’ll need that builder again soon for a larger upgrade I couldn’t quite afford at that moment. Combining levels/costs/time remove my freedom to upgrade as I deem most efficient for my own village, and if I really want to just work on an archer tower, I can log back in when it’s finished and hit upgrade again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauritanian1960 View Post
    Even if it couldn't be exploited bases would be significantly less diverse on multi-player and frankly that would make the experience significantly more boring.
    Could you explain how you reached this conclusion? Under my proposed change to the idea, if someone is rushing then they might not upgrade older towers. Is your concern we will see uniform levels and people will stop rushing if they can place new buildings at the previous max level?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    I'd like to also add that this would be a slap in the face to those of us that put in the time and effort to raid for the resources we needed to do all of those upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Even without a group discount on cost and time which shouldn’t happen outside of in game mechanisms like the gold pass, I find the original suggestion problematic because while I do prioritize placing new defenses, I don’t prioritize further upgrades unless I want to keep the builder busy for a short while knowing I’ll need that builder again soon for a larger upgrade I couldn’t quite afford at that moment. Combining levels/costs/time remove my freedom to upgrade as I deem most efficient for my own village, and if I really want to just work on an archer tower, I can log back in when it’s finished and hit upgrade again.
    I'm curious as to what each of you thought about my proposed modification to the OP's idea as it address both of these concerns.

Time and resources would be at penalty amounts for example: lvl placing a new archer tower at level 10 would cost 4 mil instead of the 3.5 it would take to upgrade, and it takes 4 days instead of 3 days.

The feature would be optional since there's a penalty so you can upgrade it as normal on your own time if you like. The feature would be there for those who want to not need to come back to the low levels.