Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan Games April 2021 - Details Here

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Berg39 View Post
    I agree...hitting 4k is not arduous and I am a bit surprised the extra points count towards the achievement as well. It was just a fun side challenge for a near-maxed base. Supercell seems to actually be discouraging overachievers, if the increased rarity of 35/70/max tasks is reality rather than anecdotal.

Also possible as you have noted that they are indeed more rare because they are not popular tasks in the general population (though hard to reason max tasks would be unpopular), just a few of us degenerate clash addicts hunting the 35/70s. lol
    Some of the max tasks are ones that can take 2 days to complete, which could mean they aren't all that popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Some of the max tasks are ones that can take 2 days to complete, which could mean they aren't all that popular.
    Technically speaking, if you really try, your able to complete all missions in under an hour.

Adapt, appreciate, and own up to what you have.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #93
    Quote Originally Posted by ziya645 View Post
    Technically speaking, if you really try, your able to complete all missions in under an hour.
    If you have a relevant account, and are willing to use a boost, just about.

If your account is in Legends then that is only true for some of them if you haven't yet used any of your attacks for the day.

Even then, getting 8 (successful) LL attacks in an hour isn't possible unless you are going to gem your armies & heroes rather than just boosting them. 5-6 is about the most that can be brewed in an hour with boost.

But yes, I did say "can" take 2 days to complete, on the basis that they don't necessarily need that long.

If you have a relevant account, and are willing to use a boost, just about.

If your account is in Legends then that is only true for some of them if you haven't yet used any of your attacks for the day.

Even then, getting 8 (successful) LL attacks in an hour isn't possible unless you are going to gem your armies & heroes rather than just boosting them. 5-6 is about the most that can be brewed in an hour with boost.

But yes, I did say "can" take 2 days to complete, on the basis that they don't necessarily need that long.
    I didn't think about legends and also yes with a boost active.

Adapt, appreciate, and own up to what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Just a point. That is some kind of ultra max. 4k is real max. 4k plus 35 plus 1k is not max. It's uber.
    Yep, and for awhile it was fun trying to hit 4995.

Maxing clan games is not arduous.

What you are talking about is not maxing them, it is what might be called "over-maxing" them.

And getting to the highest point you can above the 4K is just not something Supercell are going to have the slightest interest in facilitating. I'm slightly surprised they even allow those "extra" points to count towards the achievement.
    Actually, I'd say maxing clan games not only isn't arduous, it is too easy. I can do my normal legends attacks without changing anything up at all and easily max it out with days to spare. So, frankly, it's boring. Then there was the forum leaderboard thread and I wanted to get into that profile competition. I was way behind those that started right away, but I found out they got to 3995 and then hit the 1000 pointer, so I started trying to do the same. When it was challenging and took some searching it was fun. It was fun to find the 35 pointers or 70 pointer and then fun again to find the 1000 pointer. It made me use a bit of strategy to get my points to the right level so that I would hit 3995. Basically, it made the games relevant again. However, SC made the 35 and 1000 point tasks so rare the last two months that it became much too hard. Instead of adding a bit of challenge, strategy and fun, it became a burn out. So, I'm done. I'm back to basically ignoring clan games completely other than simply picking a task before I start my attack (a task that I also ignore because I don't need to change my attack at all to accomplish it).

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Always amuses me how some folk can make a competition out of something that was never designed to be competitive lol..
    it is a team building progression tool.. An event that will help everyone in the clan, and the more members that participate, the easier it is to achieve the goal of hitting 50k points.

I do think it was a good idea when they gave the additional choice for those that hit the 4k ceiling, but apart from that, hit 50k and ones focus can shift elsewhere..
    I always take my main 2 accounts to 4k, but all the others simply do a task to get on the board, with extras only when and if needed.

For us, once 50k is reached, the games are done for all except those that are pushing to 4k, which I guess is the idea behind the system anyway.
    When something is included in our profile, a competition to get it as high as you can is sure to follow.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    When something is included in our profile, a competition to get it as high as you can is sure to follow.
    Yeah, I see that a lot with the threads.. They tend to be quite popular.
    I guess I am the odd one then.. I dont know what is left to do on my profile atm, although sometimes I take a peek if I get drawn into a thread.