Thread: "searching for new members" let us choose member location.

"searching for new members" let us choose member location.

Hi,

It is good we can search on all sort of things when we look for new members.
    But I only want Dutch people in my clan.
    There is not a way to search for members with language filter.

I think this would solve a lot of trouble.
    Currently when I search for new members I get mostly egypt, philippines or whatever nothing that we actually need. Suggestion for future updates.

What are your thoughts?

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensiben View Post
    Hi,

It is good we can search on all sort of things when we look for new members.
    But I only want Dutch people in my clan.
    There is not a way to search for members with language filter.

I think this would solve a lot of trouble.
    Currently when I search for new members I get mostly egypt, philippines or whatever nothing that we actually need. Suggestion for future updates.

What are your thoughts?
    Agree. I think this is terribly underappreciated by supercell.

I have played long term, with different accounts, in several different clans, and I found found this: It is highly advantageous to the clan if it is a local clan.

All the members having the same language is essential to the life in the clan.

All the members being in the same time zone is extremely important. It means everyone tends to be active / inactive at the same times. Outliers try to fit in, but if they are more than 3 hours out, its no good.

Smaller than a time zone, preferring people from you own region, I guess that makes sense too.

NB. I never recruit, but I filter applicants by what city they say they are from.

I totally agree, the first requisite I have is for the new member to speak Italian, and i so rarely see an Italian name in the search that I gave up searching. When my clan will be too small to do War league someone will give up playing, someone will search a new clan, and if not finding a good one stop playing as well.

War League keeps us together more than anything and having too less member at some point will prevent us from playing it.

We need to search for new recruits, and they need to speak our language.
    Main: Ganoes Paran (the original Master of the Deck of Dragons )
    TH13 - LVL 211 - BK 70 - AQ 70 - GW 50 - RC 20
    Clan EMPOLI CLAN Co-Leader (LVL16 clan)
    Second: Tavore Paran TH12.5 LVL 150

Banned
    This probably, most likely falls foul of discrimination laws in Europe and North America.
    What would be more beneficial is rather than the clan having a "location" which in a global game is rather pointless imo, that players are able to search for clans by region. The other way around. This way people know. It's fairly easy to spot Chinese and Arabic only clans by the names alone.

Op very interesting... Have a read on the treaty of Amsterdam. You may well think these don't apply to computer games.. but SC being a business is, that applies to producing a product which actively discriminates on grounds of nationality or race.

Pro Member
    Language and time zone are extremely important in clans, and especially wars. I have just tried the updated tool again, and still can’t see players that I think fit my needs, so didn’t invite anyone. Location would be a great addition, and the information is available for each account already. If you want local, you can find them then, if you want an international mix, that should be available already.
    Check out Fiddle Farm #PRP902RR - Jennyís always welcome

It's just a game

Totally agree itís no good when this is one of the only ways to recruit in game now when youíre getting lists of players not speaking your language or in your time zone