Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Foxes

Took me all day but I finally got rid of them, I copied & pasted my original layout into the spare slot in edit mode. Then I edited original farm in 1st slot & removed all decos, trees, plots, machines etc from near river leaving a good wide strip of clear land leading to road. I went back to play mode, & eventually the foxes moved into the cleared area. From there I could finally tap them slowly to road. Once it looked like they were all gone. I went back to edit mode & copied the unedited farm from the 2nd slot to first & saved - was then back to my original design fox free

Pro Member
    Now I can’t get the law one to leave the boat dock. Very aggravating.

finally moved! Fox free.
    Last edited by sierramike; April 23rd, 2021 at 01:56 AM.

Fresh Spawn
    Oh my gosh Iím so happy to see this posted because I knew it had to be happening to more people. I have a huge infestation of foxes! The other day I moved all my stuff around so they would leave and eventually they did. Then today several more care newly stuck in the back corner!! Ever since the update! Itís so annoying. There has got to be another solution rather than moving my farm around every time!

Anniebel, Thanks for the edit mode tip, I used it to get rid of approx 15/20 foxes on each of two farms. I found that some foxes made a quick run for the road, while others stayed in or very near the top left corner. But, when I left my farm for even a moment (eg going to my town), the shy foxes started to move out of the corner. Once they moved (in ones or twos) past the farmhouse, I followed them with my barn and dairy to prevent any retreat, lol. It took me about 40 minutes to get rid of them on each farm. Iím very happy to be fox free again. I will keep the Ďopen spaceí layout in edit mode so that I can quickly repeat the process, if necessary.
    Last edited by Terry1234; April 23rd, 2021 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1234 View Post
    Anniebel, Thanks for the edit mode tip, I used it to get rid of approx 15/20 foxes on each of two farms. I found that some foxes made a quick run for the road, while others stayed in or very near the top left corner. But, when I left my farm for even a moment (eg going to my town), the shy foxes started to move out of the corner. Once they moved (in ones or twos) past the farmhouse, I followed them with my barn and dairy to prevent any retreat, lol. It took me about 40 minutes to get rid of them on each farm. I’m very happy to be fox free again. I will keep the ‘open space’ layout in edit mode so that I can quickly repeat the process, if necessary.
    You are welcome, glad it worked for someone else to.

New Bloke/Chick
    @Anniebel884

THX so much for your hint. I'm just trying your idea, and I have a question. Well, I saved my farm, copied it like you wrote, and then edited it. The foxes have now a clear path to the road, but they are very lazy and it takes a long time, before they finally move. But sometimes they run back, and that annoyes me very much.

You wrote, you "tapped" them slowly to the road. May I ask, how did you manage that? Mostly, when I tap a fox, he doesn't move in any direction. He keeps standing where he is. What's the trick to get them moved? Or have I to be more patient?

THX for your help!

Regards, donkeyfan
    "Etiam tacere est respondere" [Unknown author]

New Bloke/Chick
    @Anniebel884

Has been settled. I had do be more patient. I got rid of the foxes. THX a lot!

:-)

Regards, donkeyfan
    "Etiam tacere est respondere" [Unknown author]

Fresh Spawn
    I've had enough with the foxes running down the left side of my farm. Walls don't help. I thought they were leaving but discovered today there are a bunch of them clumped in the top left of the screen. I could only see their feet at first. Customer support is completely unhelpful, especially Sparky, who is also rude and blocks ratings of his/her customer service. I refuse to play until those foxes are gone.

Fresh Spawn
    Boycotting until I can get rid of the foxes.

Fresh Spawn
    Well, I just checked my farm and the clump of foxes in the top left corner is gone. As I watched, the remaining 2 foxes ambled out and across the road. I have to wonder if HayDay intervened since they usually hang out for days. Now I'll need to make my farm normal again - I'd cleared a wide path for the foxes. I don't think we should have to screw up our farm configuration to get rid of foxes. I don't understand the value of being overrun with foxes or frogs. I won't use any pond decorations except the bridge ones to avoid being overrun with frogs. We should have an option to prevent being overrun with foxes as well - make everyone happy.