Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan Chat censorship

Fresh Spawn

*** ** *** **** *********?

Can we get more censoring? Some actual words are still getting through from time to time in chat.

Seriously, it's bordering on impossible to have a conversation in chat at this point. Why not make the censoring client-side for minors?

I honestly can't remember the last time a word was censored in my clan chat. Maybe it's just the settings you have??
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

Fresh Spawn
    No. It's the whole clan. People new to the game are asked their age and if they're under 16 and join your clan, your entire clan chat is censored like CRAZY. Things that don't even make sense...

wife
    husband
    married
    wallbreakers
    masters (as in the league)
    bright
    discord
    church
    shat (even in shattered = ****terd)
    barb king
    love you
    love you too
    phone
    telephone

I just verified all these right now. There's many many more.

There’s been a change as of last October due to “US regulations” involving minors and mobile gaming.

Based on some research I’ve done (and not finished, since I had to have something mailed to me for an account I created somewhere and lost interest by the time it arrived), I have reason to believe there are no *new* regulations, and it’s for another reason, but I’ll reserve judgment and as a SC fanboy will give SC the benefit of the doubt until a more clear answer comes to light. The official answer given in the forums, that I will not be able to find (sorry) but have seen before, is very carefully worded just like this paragraph is to not say what the reason might actually be, but I have digressed a little from the main issue of this thread.

(It’s also possible I fell down a rabbit hole, and I’m completely wrong. No, nobody twisted my arm to add this. I’m just not going to claim something I think is a fact, and I will continue to do research when I find a reason to do so again and may only share results if I feel there is reason to do so in reply to a similar thread. Was that okay, guys? I mean, never mind...)

Until then, all you can really do is identify the minors in your clan and kick them out to remove the universal filter. I know this isn’t an option for everyone, since people enjoy playing with their kids or younger siblings, but that’s what I would do if it was unbearable. If it only filtered “curse words”, I would tolerate it.

I expect this thread might be moved to one of the lengthier threads on this topic where it has been discussed in more detail.
    Last edited by toofinedog; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:29 PM.

It’s true. And if it’s NOT happening to others, how??? I see no settings to change it.

I’m an adult and can certainly handle the crass words like “husband” and “wife”, especially when talking about my own “marriage” (also censored).

So what’s the deal? It’s driving me mad and very frustrating when trying to carry on even the most casual of conversations with my clanmates.

Quote Originally Posted by ClearlyRose View Post
    It’s true. And if it’s NOT happening to others, how??? I see no settings to change it.

I’m an adult and can certainly handle the crass words like “husband” and “wife”, especially when talking about my own “marriage” (also censored).

So what’s the deal? It’s driving me mad and very frustrating when trying to carry on even the most casual of conversations with my clanmates.
    If you have a newer player that is US based and is 16 or under, the chat filter activates and cannot be turned off. New players have to verify their age and then zap. Censor city.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

When your account becomes one year old does that mean it adds a year to the registered age or no? Because if not then I'm screwed for life

Wouldn’t a more reasonable fix be removing the option to uncensor for those 16 and under? So adults can choose their chat filter, but those 16 and under cannot? Seems an easy toggle.

I’m so frustrated by this chat but I shouldn’t have to kick some really nice kids. Cmon.