Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: WARNING: no point upgrading to TH14

Quote Originally Posted by NizaZiza View Post
    I am strategically rushed th14 in champion 2. I feel bad when I loot only 700k/700k/6k from th13/14 + league bonus is not even 1M/1M/10k as I wanted every attack. >=(

P.S. Haha, no. Th14 is nice. One extra spell is great help for me as I am lighting+eq user, although if someone has EA lvl5 things get tricky.
    Strategy is a word I never use (not really)
    Just rushing my 12 up, maybe 14, but who knows
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordgluethefour View Post
    Upgrading to TH14 is disastrous for farming. As you are matched with mainly TH14s, all who will have upgraded a week or 2 ago, you will find no dead bases. And because so much dark elixir is needed for pets, there is very little DE available.

I would say only upgrade to TH14 unless you are pretty much maxed TH13 as it will be much harder to max out at TH14 than at Th13.

IF YOU STILL HAVE A LOT OF BUILDINGS, TROOPS AND HEROES TO MAX, DO NOT UPGRADE TO TH14 AS IT WILL BE MUCH HARDER TO FIND GOOD MATCHES FOR FARMING.

Just a warning
    Bonecrusher
    Perhaps it is a disaster if the only method you know for farming is poaching dead bases. For those who have other toolsets, it is just as easy as it ever was.

As for DE, I will be upping one of my pets to level 4 tomorrow and have no difficulty obtaining enough DE in 2-3 days to fully cover the upgrade.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesn’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

I stay at around 4950 trophies and for the past week I have been getting tons of 900k and 1m bases at night. No problems so far with loot and keeping all of my builders busy and both labs too
    Last edited by Rabocop; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:59 PM.

Millennial Club
    No shortage of resources in legends league.
    2 heroes down and I'm managing to stay in low legends.

Sure, you only get 8 attacks, but loot is plentiful enough that I could keep all 6 builders down constantly. I keep one free for walls.
    Last edited by joemann8478; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:03 PM.

Forum Legend
    I guess it all depends on your goals and raiding. I was maxed 13 when 14 dropped and was going no matter what. I have no problem keeping 6 builders going, the lab and pet house both with upgrades based on 8 legends attacks a day.

My biggest issue is trying to space out my builders/lab/pets so too many don't finish at the same time.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordgluethefour View Post
    Upgrading to TH14 is disastrous for farming. As you are matched with mainly TH14s, all who will have upgraded a week or 2 ago, you will find no dead bases. And because so much dark elixir is needed for pets, there is very little DE available.

I would say only upgrade to TH14 unless you are pretty much maxed TH13 as it will be much harder to max out at TH14 than at Th13.

IF YOU STILL HAVE A LOT OF BUILDINGS, TROOPS AND HEROES TO MAX, DO NOT UPGRADE TO TH14 AS IT WILL BE MUCH HARDER TO FIND GOOD MATCHES FOR FARMING.

Just a warning
    Bonecrusher
    Given that you are still TH13 with heroes and troops way off max, and nobody in your clan has yet upgraded, how would you know this?

I doubt all that many Th13s are still relying on dead bases for farming, more of them are in high leagues using war armies. But for rushed Th13s like yourself, yes upgrading to TH14 may be a mistake.

For most of us, it is great. Admittedly all my three main accounts were in Legends anyhow, and two of them were maxed TH13. Those two upgraded immediately.

The third is currently upgrading, even though heroes weren't maxed, and nor were all troops (the ones I mainly use are). That one didn't have as many books & medals as the others, so needs to be more discriminating where they are used. I am quite sure it vwill do perfectly well as a TH14, even though slightly rushed.

Forum Elder
    I have a total of 18 builders. I was 18/18 for a lot of the weekend.. 2 accts in T3 (one climbing to Leggy eventually) and one grinding for unbreakable in Bronze-Gold ranges depending on when I log in after an attack.. but I am not having any problems keeping my builders busy.. (Disclaimer, I did get the GP on all three because of the update, but still think my formerly F2P acct would have busy builders.. just on different projects..)

my main acct was maxed except for like 200 walls (level 12 mostly) T3
    my primary alt was 10 BK levels from max, and much more walls from max.. (unbreakable acct currently) ~Silver(ish)
    my donation mule is woefully under leveled for a lot of things.. but I am getting by and keeping my builders busy. T3

Ive said it once, I will say it again. Every league (sans Leggy, but to an extent there too) has the same bases in it. offering the same loots.. but better bonuses the higher one goes up the trophy ladder and the more damage one does.

my point: farming is everywhere. and if you dont actively hunt EXCLUSIVELY for dead bases or collector pump runs, then there is plenty of loot to be had every single league.

I say your claims need more research.. the loot is there, not just zombie bases make for farming IMO..

what leagues are you and your buddies in? T3 is a great farming spot for TH12 and TH13 again. IMO.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Also, since you have made your clan name and level and in-game name available to search, I have verified you are th13, so where does this warning come from?
    This. This. And this again.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Warning ignored. Th14 is awesome.

I was a maxed th13, but even if you aren’t maxed and want to play with new toys, you accept the risks moving up.

There’s no need to discourage upgrading to th14 because you’re personally struggling (and may have been struggling before per past posts).

Also, since you have made your clan name and level and in-game name available to search, I have verified you are th13, so where does this warning come from?
    Remember the almighty one having all the answers?

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Remember the almighty one having all the answers?
    Yes, that was my favorite thread.