Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: WARNING: no point upgrading to TH14

There is no point in upgrading to th3, I am a clanless th2 for life

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Warning ignored. Th14 is awesome.

I was a maxed th13, but even if you aren’t maxed and want to play with new toys, you accept the risks moving up.

There’s no need to discourage upgrading to th14 because you’re personally struggling (and may have been struggling before per past posts).

Also, since you have made your clan name and level and in-game name available to search, I have verified you are th13, so where does this warning come from?
    Then the "warning" is pretty much just OP creating a sensational title and post just to draw clicks. It's not the first time this has happened.
    Last edited by Ostentatious; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    Then the "warning" is pretty much just OP creating a sensational title and post just to draw clicks. It's not the first time this has happened.
    I ignored the warning so hard, I didn’t even notice that.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordgluethefour View Post
    Upgrading to TH14 is disastrous for farming. As you are matched with mainly TH14s, all who will have upgraded a week or 2 ago, you will find no dead bases. And because so much dark elixir is needed for pets, there is very little DE available.

I would say only upgrade to TH14 unless you are pretty much maxed TH13 as it will be much harder to max out at TH14 than at Th13.

IF YOU STILL HAVE A LOT OF BUILDINGS, TROOPS AND HEROES TO MAX, DO NOT UPGRADE TO TH14 AS IT WILL BE MUCH HARDER TO FIND GOOD MATCHES FOR FARMING.

Just a warning
    Bonecrusher
    I will give my 2 IFs (since your warning about upgrading to TH14 contained so many IFs).

If someone is already a TH13, they should already know this has been the case every time they upgraded to a new TH level. Loot penalty applied when attacking lower TH, however loot cap raised for new TH level. Everyone upgraded earlier will have advantage in offense and defense, moving up with low level Heroes isn't good. Thank you for stating the obvious, but many TH13 should already know about it by now, or they are playing different game from TH2 to TH13.

If attacking dead base is the only way to farm, then your warning stay true and applicable. But it's not the case for every players. My advice to you, start attacking active bases. Because this issue will remain for you every time new TH level is introduced, and you will have to create another warning thread for years to come. The only way to solve this is to learn farming against active bases, regardless how many TH level is introduced, you wouldn't need to refrain from upgrading your TH level.

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Oh no... The doomsday is here...

*lowers his chin and stares quietly at OP*

I returned to CoC after not playing for over one year and a half, instantly rushed to TH14 with all those magical items and gems I had in stock when I was maxed out TH12 back then, and I gotta say - loot is even more plentiful than before... If I had 10 builders available, Id put all of them to work without any problems, and I am currently hovering between Titan 2 and Titan 3.

Do I get smashed with almost every defense for now? Yes...
    Do I get all the stolen loot back with one attack? Also yes...

Gotta be more active and stop relying on dead bases, OP.

Pro Member
    There is enough loot in titan in active bases.
    (If one can do more attacks , titan is better than legends atleast for D.E.)

This is not true at all. I am still finding dead bases in Master league and while the loot isn't as good as it was last month, it's still pretty decent. In 9 days, I have upgraded all of my new walls to level 14 and 55 walls to lvl15. I am also able to fill my de storage in less than a day using sneaky goblins and all three of my dark elixir heroes are upgrading.

Cancelled my upgrade to TH14. Posted on interwebbies, so it must be true...

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordgluethefour View Post
    Upgrading to TH14 is disastrous for farming. As you are matched with mainly TH14s, all who will have upgraded a week or 2 ago, you will find no dead bases. And because so much dark elixir is needed for pets, there is very little DE available.

I would say only upgrade to TH14 unless you are pretty much maxed TH13 as it will be much harder to max out at TH14 than at Th13.

IF YOU STILL HAVE A LOT OF BUILDINGS, TROOPS AND HEROES TO MAX, DO NOT UPGRADE TO TH14 AS IT WILL BE MUCH HARDER TO FIND GOOD MATCHES FOR FARMING.

Just a warning
    Bonecrusher

Thank you OP for the warning, but I will upgrade to TH14 in about 2026 since I'm in no hurry and have maxed out at each Townhall level before moving to the next Townhall.

---
    Lynn, Casual Clasher, Casual Farmer, and Casual Boomer
    April 20, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    ...I returned to CoC after not playing for over one year and a half, instantly rushed to TH14 with all those magical items and gems I had in stock when I was maxed out TH12 back then, and I gotta say - loot is even more plentiful than before... If I had 10 builders available, I’d put all of them to work without any problems, and I am currently hovering between Titan 2 and Titan 3.

Do I get smashed with almost every defense for now? Yes...
    Do I get all the stolen loot back with one attack? Also yes...

Gotta be more active and stop relying on dead bases, OP.
    And welcome back MasterEdy after a long hiatus from the forums.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:04 AM.
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI

Upgraded to th14 with low defense. Attacks are still good and i have a larger storage now so each upgrade i have more left over for walls. So no thanks, ill rush.