Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Unproductive forum

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Pingotumbo View Post
    ....Now when I read the comments it is more and more evident that people try to dismantle an idea by explaining the technical reasons why it is impossible, most are also false, for example the same arguments then taken into consideration by supercell had much more criticism than support such as changing the donation levels of the clan troops. I would like to make one thing clear, since I have read so many IT technical terms, there is nothing unattainable, and no wrong ideas, there are only some more problematic and complex ideas to do and others that are simpler and more intuitive, it' useless look for technical reasons why an idea cannot be done, it is up to supercell to solve the technical problems not to you, the low level of competence can be seen from the comments, you have to limit yourself to writing the problems and what we would like to see. With this trend the improvements are always few and very slow....
    I agree for the most part that forum shouldn't dismantle idea where it is because of in-game technical reasons, since none of us is even working for the SC himself (except few SC Staff in this Forum). However, not all the idea are dismantled simply because of in game technical reasons, there are many other in game reasons why an idea shouldn't be in the game and forum is a good place to state your idea and let others tell their opinions.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    The point is that it is not useful for the game, it is not important if you like it, the SuperCell forum is for improving the SuperCell and its community, and for those like me who spend much more time in the ideas and improvements department it is important to analyze the problems. actual (many) do not look for Clash lovers
    I don't think you understand the purpose of these forums.

The forum is NOT "for improving the SuperCell and its community". It is a community discussion forum, where players come to discuss the game.

There are the bugs & problems subforum, and the Ideas & Feature Requests subforum, which are the only ones we are even sure are generally read by Supercell, but even they are still mainly for player discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    I agree for the most part that forum shouldn't dismantle idea where it is because of in-game technical reasons, since none of us is even working for the SC himself (except few SC Staff in this Forum). However, not all the idea are dismantled simply because of in game technical reasons, there are many other in game reasons why an idea shouldn't be in the game and forum is a good place to state your idea and let others tell their opinions.
    Another thing, most of people who disagree with idea is more because that addition or change won't be good for the game and not because that it might be impossible or really hard to develop. The point added is that is it worth to spend the dev time tho?
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #24
    Absolutely true and I agree, I am not saying to put limits on things to write it is right to write what you want, I am saying that the common way of reacting is always hostile, you look for the capils that do not fit even before to see the actual problems, I challenge you to open a casual discussion and read the first comment you find, always in disagreement, even in those in which the SuperCell has taken action and has taken them into consideration. I probably will not get anything with this post but I think it is important to say it and that there is someone who says it, maybe slowly you will find consensus maybe in the future it can be used as a link to remind someone that you tend to break the boxes here, maybe it will make you lose a minimum of the desire to contest things that are completely useless
    It is a natural feature of a discussion forum that people are more likely to post disagreements than agreements.

Just posting tings like "I agree" would even be somewhat frowned on, though of course expanding that into why you agree wouldn't be.

But it does mean that even posts in agreement with the original are usually going to be suggesting additions or enhancements to that original, otherwise there is little point in posting.

That is just the way a discussion forum works.

Centennial Club
    If an idea is a bad idea, then it will get called out.

It only seems like everyone puts ideas down because 1) it's been suggested before, and 2) a lot of us have a deeper understanding of the game than most other players (that's why we're on the forums), and can think of ways how an idea is unbalanced/broken/unfeasible etc.

It will certainly come across as putting people down for suggesting, but if it is reasonably explained, I don't see why that is a bad thing. This is a place for discussion after all. Calling the forum out for calling out bad ideas seems counterproductive to this forum's purpose, which is to exchange opinions.
    Gonna leave this here so I don't have to search every time someone says "help I can't get in touch with support"

Clash of Clans customer support: https://help.supercellsupport.com/cl...tact-form.html

Banned
    Think OP has actually highlighted a very common forum / social media issue...

You can be anyone on the interwebs... Forum heroes galore (irony in the title actually)
    People thrive on giving beat downs, it's easier to be negative towards others or try and assert your domination on one another. It's human nature. The human is the most vicious animal of them all. Why would anyone expect any different nature just because it's about a mobile game?

People OP hate change, anything that detracts them from thier YT hero inspired supposed meta, you can't do that unless you're one of them. Even then you're considered controversial

There have been so many great ideas posted here that people that come back with all sorts of stupid responses to it reminds me of primary school at times.

But as Ajax pointed out, it's for the discussion of the game so it's something to be suffered if you want to participate. Just wait, that same person will post a equally or more rediculous idea and you can beat that down with little to no logic or reason.
    The ideas subject I think is something that could / should be looked at.
    Mods very rapidly delete or lock frequently posted ideas which I get, however the fact something are that frequently suggested says it's something that a lot of people would like and that is where community engagement should chime in. Such as Dark Elixr for walls..now that walls have been discounted and we have pets to fund, now there could be an expansion into why rather than "you have super troops for a DE sink"
    The sticky post is also a mess. Perhaps the owner of that thread could read up on how long the average person will pay attention to something that aren't interested in. Key point being, they are here to talk about what they are rather than what they aren't so endless scrolling isnt the best way to deter people from spamming the same requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin94 View Post
    Hmmm... then instead of virtual gold I want to loot real gold in Clash of Clans. Make it possible please.
    OK, learn to hack 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    Think OP has actually highlighted a very common forum / social media issue...

You can be anyone on the interwebs... Forum heroes galore (irony in the title actually)
    People thrive on giving beat downs, it's easier to be negative towards others or try and assert your domination on one another. It's human nature. The human is the most vicious animal of them all. Why would anyone expect any different nature just because it's about a mobile game?

People OP hate change, anything that detracts them from thier YT hero inspired supposed meta, you can't do that unless you're one of them. Even then you're considered controversial

There have been so many great ideas posted here that people that come back with all sorts of stupid responses to it reminds me of primary school at times.

But as Ajax pointed out, it's for the discussion of the game so it's something to be suffered if you want to participate. Just wait, that same person will post a equally or more rediculous idea and you can beat that down with little to no logic or reason.
    The ideas subject I think is something that could / should be looked at.
    Mods very rapidly delete or lock frequently posted ideas which I get, however the fact something are that frequently suggested says it's something that a lot of people would like and that is where community engagement should chime in. Such as Dark Elixr for walls..now that walls have been discounted and we have pets to fund, now there could be an expansion into why rather than "you have super troops for a DE sink"
    The sticky post is also a mess. Perhaps the owner of that thread could read up on how long the average person will pay attention to something that aren't interested in. Key point being, they are here to talk about what they are rather than what they aren't so endless scrolling isnt the best way to deter people from spamming the same requests.
    Interestingly, I didn't know anything about these OP people

Quote Originally Posted by Cupholder View Post
    If an idea is a bad idea, then it will get called out.

It only seems like everyone puts ideas down because 1) it's been suggested before, and 2) a lot of us have a deeper understanding of the game than most other players (that's why we're on the forums), and can think of ways how an idea is unbalanced/broken/unfeasible etc.

It will certainly come across as putting people down for suggesting, but if it is reasonably explained, I don't see why that is a bad thing. This is a place for discussion after all. Calling the forum out for calling out bad ideas seems counterproductive to this forum's purpose, which is to exchange opinions.
    The forum is within reach and is made for everyone, it is not important how experienced you are, the experts should work for the SuperCell not to criticize every single feedback from people, and above all even the smallest thought is important, even if wrong, because it is what makes a forum alive, in my opinion this forum is just poorly managed

"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper" T S Eliot
    Interestingly, I didn't know anything about these OP people
    "OP" in this particular usage means "Original Poster", the person whom began (opened) any particular thread. In this thread "OP" means you! (It can also mean "overpowered" in other use cases).

(Forums have their own unique lingo. Some phrases are used by forums in general, like "OP", while others are specific to a given forum, such as "Barch").
    Last edited by rowman; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:45 AM.