Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Unproductive forum

Unproductive forum

For years I have been looking at the way of acting and thinking within this forum, most of people's ideas do not take into account the complex and therefore they are unattainable but I notice that there is much more intention to curb an idea rather than to look for one. I would like to make it clear that Clash of Clans is by no means a definitive game, not even remotely, it needs a lot of support to improve, and contrary to what it seems this is a good thing. Now when I read the comments it is more and more evident that people try to dismantle an idea by explaining the technical reasons why it is impossible, most are also false, for example the same arguments then taken into consideration by supercell had much more criticism than support such as changing the donation levels of the clan troops. I would like to make one thing clear, since I have read so many IT technical terms, there is nothing unattainable, and no wrong ideas, there are only some more problematic and complex ideas to do and others that are simpler and more intuitive, it' useless look for technical reasons why an idea cannot be done, it is up to supercell to solve the technical problems not to you, the low level of competence can be seen from the comments, you have to limit yourself to writing the problems and what we would like to see. With this trend the improvements are always few and very slow, the donation system had been talked about for years but only today has it been taken into consideration.

P. S this is how you face the first step for writing a code, a game, an artistic project.
    Last edited by Pingotumbo; April 20th, 2021 at 09:28 AM.

... so, what exactly is your point? Writing a code, a game, an artistic project starts with legible stuff - with things like paragraphs for one .

Are you trying to take a stab atforumers for commenting? Or at SuperCell for not doing things as fast as you'd like? Color me puzzled...

Forum Veteran
    I think your criticism of forumites isnít correct. A lot of changes in the game are a direct result of the ideas and discussions held here.

The best example of a discussion of critical oversight was around the old clouding issue in Legends. Quite possibly my favourite ever thread and so expertly handled with why some ideas were not practical.

Although Operation Blue Skies ended with a different idea to what perhaps was suggested, I am sure it had some influence and most of us who were in legends prior and now remain are delighted with the change.

since I have read so many IT technical terms, there is nothing unattainable, and no wrong ideas,
    Well nothing is technically impossible, but is it good for the game's health?
    When you have an economy, you can't just introduce changes which allow that resource to be reduced increase or whatever. Can you do that in real life? No, that'll be inflation, or deflation(?)
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

It's been a wonderful 4 years here. Thanks everyone and stay in touch!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveoUk View Post
    I think your criticism of forumites isnít correct. A lot of changes in the game are a direct result of the ideas and discussions held here.
    Absolutely. Public forums of this nature are not just about the game itself either. There is an interpersonal component that often means more to players than the game (look at all of the true friendships and even marriages that have resulted from the interactions on this forum!)

https://justhayday.boards.net/
    (Grand Opening 5/28/21)

Pro Member
    No wonder there are so many Archers, the Queen spends most of her time on her back.
    Like JusMe, I'm really struggling to understand exactly what point you are tying to make. I feel like it is a double stab at community engagement and the development team but the way you have framed it makes it incredibly hard to decipher with any clarity.

Maybe start by asking yourself what you are trying to convey and end by asking yourself whether you have achieved that in your post. Try to remember that those who read your text will not have the insight of the inner workings of your mind and things that you infer naturally will be lost in the telling to others.

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    ... so, what exactly is your point? Writing a code, a game, an artistic project starts with legible stuff - with things like paragraphs for one .

Are you trying to take a stab atforumers for commenting? Or at SuperCell for not doing things as fast as you'd like? Color me puzzled...
    I repeat the point. Don't explain why something is technically impossible, because nothing is impossible, just see the problems of the actual game, talk about what you want, clash of clans has 3000 problems that nobody talks about and it's really absurd

Quote Originally Posted by Pingotumbo View Post
    I repeat the point. Don't explain why something is technically impossible, because nothing is impossible, just see the problems of the actual game, talk about what you want, clash of clans has 3000 problems that nobody talks about and it's really absurd
    Yes there are 3000 problems, please speak about them then as you know them.

Nothing is technically impossible, but it might hurt the game's health, it's Income, or it's appealing to players
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

Quote Originally Posted by Minley View Post
    Well nothing is technically impossible, but is it good for the game's health?
    When you have an economy, you can't just introduce changes which allow that resource to be reduced increase or whatever. Can you do that in real life? No, that'll be inflation, or deflation(?)
    By nothing impossible I mean just this, the economy you are talking about is very easy to modify, for years I have heard comments that come out only for fear of the game economy, everything in the game is modifiable and adaptable, the prices of the buildings, the resources that can be taken, the resources that can be lost, are all things that can be worked on, we must not be afraid to face a problem only for fear of what happens to the "economy", 5 years ago my maximum per attack it was 200 000 resources and I was happy and no one complained there either.

I got 3000 problems but CoC ain't one of them.