Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 114

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Unproductive forum

  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Minley View Post
    Another thing, most of people who disagree with idea is more because that addition or change won't be good for the game and not because that it might be impossible or really hard to develop. The point added is that is it worth to spend the dev time tho?
    That's right, that's the point, it's not up to you to decide if it will be positive, it's up to you to talk about actual problems, bring them to light, analyze things, have an opinion is right, start criticizing only ideas without analyzing all aspects. it is not very constructive, just like the opposite, that is to accept everything and not criticize, a middle way is needed, neither too much one nor too much the other,

    Acting leads to results, staying still leads to nothing
    Last edited by Pingotumbo; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:51 AM.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Pingotumbo View Post
    For years I have been looking at the way of acting and thinking within this forum, most of people's ................
    Because rejecting or turning down others ideas/suggestions is fun and we enjoy a lot.
    (Joking)

    Anyways, this is a common thing which is found in most forums, debates or discussions. You will have to prove your point till end to show why others should agree.
    Are you new to it ?
    Last edited by ExploringGalaxy; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:41 AM.

  3. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    "OP" means "Original Poster", the person whom began (opened) any particular thread. In this thread "OP" means you!
    The problem is that the game has bugs and problems to fix, I think we should all help each other find them, bring them to light, and above all talk about them, it is talking that things change, I don't know if I understand your speech correctly, but I notice that in this specific forum to bring to light a simple bug is much more difficult than others, there is constant conflict on the obvious, for example I notice this problem, the solutions will be multiple or none but it is important to talk about

  4. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by ExploringGalaxy View Post
    Because rejecting or turning down others ideas/suggestions is fun and we enjoy a lot.
    (Joking)

    Anyways, this is a common thing which is found in most forums, debates or discussions. You will have to prove your point till end to show why others should agree.
    Are you new to it ?
    I know well, and in fact it is a problem,I mean that the truth is not that you have to show up to the end, but that there is little willpower in analyzing problems. no I'm not new, if a problem exists in my opinion it is very important to bring it to light even if there is no apparent solution, not talking about it definitely means not solving
    Last edited by Pingotumbo; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:50 AM.

  5. #35
    Pro Member Minley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Always Everywhere
    Posts
    715
    "OP" in this particular usage means "Original Poster", the person whom began (opened) any particular thread. In this thread "OP" means you! (It can also mean "overpowered" in other use cases).
    It can also mean OP as Original Post many times. The variation that is used is normally inferred from the context
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

  6. #36
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On a lenghty sabbatical
    Posts
    12,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Pingotumbo View Post
    The problem is that the game has bugs and problems to fix, I think we should all help each other find them, bring them to light, and above all talk about them, it is talking that things change, I don't know if I understand your speech correctly, but I notice that in this specific forum to bring to light a simple bug is much more difficult than others, there is constant conflict on the obvious, for example I notice this problem, the solutions will be multiple or none but it is important to talk about
    "Bugs" are unintentional consequences due to miscoding. I see overwhelming support from the community for those types of issues. https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis...-Bugs-Problems. "Problems (also iwithn that same section) are "I cannot ...., please tell me how". Do you generally find community negativity, or community support there?

    I think though that it is neither bugs nor problems, that you are addressing, but rather wants and desires.

  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Pingotumbo View Post
    The forum is within reach and is made for everyone, it is not important how experienced you are, the experts should work for the SuperCell not to criticize every single feedback from people, and above all even the smallest thought is important, even if wrong, because it is what makes a forum alive, in my opinion this forum is just poorly managed
    The forum is not "managed" beyond having certain rules which are usually enforced (not always, mods are human and limited in time, we miss things sometimes).

  8. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    "Bugs" are unintentional consequences due to miscoding. I see overwhelming support from the community for those types of issues. https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis...-Bugs-Problems. "Problems (also iwithn that same section) are "I cannot ...., please tell me how". Do you generally find community negativity, or community support there?

    I think though that it is neither bugs nor problems, that you are addressing, but rather wants and desires.
    Absolutely not, they are real bugs, visual, graphic and also technical that make the game less enjoyable and therefore I think it is appropriate to face them. Yes, there too, but the same operators I find that they can't handle it well, I was closed a thred in which I analyzed a bug of the simulated attacks, there is absolutely nothing wrong with closing a thread if you think it is inappropriate but I think explanations and kind ways are needed
    Last edited by Pingotumbo; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:12 PM.

  9. #39
    Forum Superstar toofinedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    I am toofinedog wherever I am.
    Posts
    3,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Pingotumbo View Post
    For years I have been looking at the way of acting and thinking within this forum, most of people's ideas do not take into account the complex and therefore they are unattainable but I notice that there is much more intention to curb an idea rather than to look for one. I would like to make it clear that Clash of Clans is by no means a definitive game, not even remotely, it needs a lot of support to improve, and contrary to what it seems this is a good thing. Now when I read the comments it is more and more evident that people try to dismantle an idea by explaining the technical reasons why it is impossible, most are also false, for example the same arguments then taken into consideration by supercell had much more criticism than support such as changing the donation levels of the clan troops. I would like to make one thing clear, since I have read so many IT technical terms, there is nothing unattainable, and no wrong ideas, there are only some more problematic and complex ideas to do and others that are simpler and more intuitive, it' useless look for technical reasons why an idea cannot be done, it is up to supercell to solve the technical problems not to you, the low level of competence can be seen from the comments, you have to limit yourself to writing the problems and what we would like to see. With this trend the improvements are always few and very slow, the donation system had been talked about for years but only today has it been taken into consideration.

    P. S this is how you face the first step for writing a code, a game, an artistic project.
    I was looking at your post history and the aggressive manner and over explanation in which you reply to people, and I think that might be the reason for the opposition you feel you're facing in the forums.

    A good new game idea should be comprised of two things: the idea should benefit all or most players (not just a specific town hall) and the reason/justification for the idea should be obvious without having to deep-dive into the reason why it's good. There are other reasons, but a good idea with an obvious benefit to most players is ideal.

    There are a few things you as the idea giver can do to keep the conversation positive: turn any criticism into constructive criticism to fine tune your idea. If the idea is contrary or detrimental to the game's growth, accept it and move on. No need to argue if the idea is in-game economy crashing or previously ruled out. If someone says it can't be coded, explain how it can (but keep it simple for non-coders like me).

  10. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The forum is not "managed" beyond having certain rules which are usually enforced (not always, mods are human and limited in time, we miss things sometimes).
    Of course, I do not think in any way that errors prove that the forum is not working, errors are human, however I propose to adopt less aggressive methods for you to close a thread if I am allowed to have an opinion about it. If you look for the review about this forum and the SuperCell activities you will find 1.5 stars out of 5 and lots of negative comments, maybe it's a community too big and difficult to manage, I don't think you really deserve this vote, but it shows that many people fail to talk about the problems that the game has, they are approached too slowly due to overly selective methods, let people talk about the bugs they find, the things that bother them, or the creative ideas they have, then it is up to you to take them into consideration or not and always with kindness exactly as all the forums of any ESPORT do, However, this has nothing to do with the speech of the initial forum, it is a message more for you
    Last edited by Pingotumbo; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:30 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •