Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 114

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Unproductive forum

  1. #101
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    In a player discussion forum, that is unlikely to happen I'm afraid. That is just the way discussion works. It is much more common for people to express disagreement than to express agreement - particularly when it is expected that people don't just post things like "I agree".



    We aren't professional. We try to be polite.



    There are some who don't listen to what is said, and that will always be the case in any player discussion forum. There really isn't much we can do to change that to be honest.
    The first step, I think you will agree is professionalism, and the ability to analyze the positive and negative things,

    (it is generally referred to) if I can afford to have my say, there are many forums on other games outside SuperCell that can serve as an example,

    I don't think I can mention names but there are games in which bugs and problems can be reported without limits, nor thread closure, regardless of whether they are true or false, like a survey, these are then analyzed by people paid to do so. This is probably one of the reasons why this game takes years to improve.

    Survey and feedback is the most powerful tool, it shouldn't be suppressed for any reason.

    I appreciate the effort in kindness and argumentation.
    Last edited by Pingotumbo; April 22nd, 2021 at 05:50 PM.

  2. #102
    Pro Member Minley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Always Everywhere
    Posts
    747
    I don't think I can mention names but there are games in which bugs and problems can be reported without limits, nor thread closure, regardless of whether they are true or false, like a survey, these are then analyzed by people paid to do so. This is probably one of the reasons why this game takes years to improve.
    If this would be any other forum this answer would've been different.

    I don't think the mods have EVEEEEEEEEER tried to silence a bug, or prevented someone from having an opinion or sharing a Bug. But when a person comes posting ideas in a bugs forum, they otta close it, when it is ruled out, then also. If you have any suggestion, you believe is not ruled out or frequently requested, just post in the ideas forum, not in Bugs. This forum has a ton of free speech if that's the statement you wanted
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

  3. #103
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Minley View Post
    If this would be any other forum this answer would've been different.

    I don't think the mods have EVEEEEEEEEER tried to silence a bug, or prevented someone from having an opinion or sharing a Bug. But when a person comes posting ideas in a bugs forum, they otta close it, when it is ruled out, then also. If you have any suggestion, you believe is not ruled out or frequently requested, just post in the ideas forum, not in Bugs. This forum has a ton of free speech if that's the statement you wanted
    Free to share your opinion, different from mine, I believe that there are instead closed threads that should not be, threads criticized and categorically rejected that should not be, the examples I have mentioned before many times

    The section is NOT called bugs, I have been repeating this for days too, it IS CALLED bugs and problems
    Last edited by Pingotumbo; April 22nd, 2021 at 06:15 PM.

  4. #104
    Forum Superstar toofinedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    I am toofinedog wherever I am.
    Posts
    3,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Pingotumbo View Post
    Free to share your opinion, different from mine, I believe that there are instead closed threads that should not be, threads criticized and categorically rejected that should not be, the examples I have mentioned before many times

    The section is NOT called bugs, I have been repeating this for days too, it IS CALLED bugs and problems
    Wanting to attack with heroes while healing or upgrading is not a technical problem, which is the type of problem described in the “Bugs & Problems” subforum heading description. You might be taking the word too literally.

    It’s a feature request that has been ruled out and is renewed as ruled out by Darian in nearly every interview he does.

    Any idea related to attacking with healing/upgrading heroes should be summarily rejected regardless of the subforum it is posted in, because there is a subset of rules in the Ideas & Feature Request subforum stating threads made suggesting ruled out ideas, which are prominently posted in a sticky in that subforum, will be deleted or closed without notice. This rule extends to other subforums with the best evidence of that extension being the most recent Quality of Life sticky in General. Having compiled all the requests in the first 100 posts of that thread, I saw a lot of instances of ruled out ideas being redacted, as they should be in accordance with the forum rules.

    Trying to appeal to the mods’ decisions, some of which also technically can’t be discussed publicly per forum rules, by calling them unprofessional is unprofessional in itself to a degree and not the best way to get them to see things your way.

  5. #105
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Wanting to attack with heroes while healing or upgrading is not a technical problem, which is the type of problem described in the “Bugs & Problems” subforum heading description. You might be taking the word too literally.

    It’s a feature request that has been ruled out and is renewed as ruled out by Darian in nearly every interview he does.

    Any idea related to attacking with healing/upgrading heroes should be summarily rejected regardless of the subforum it is posted in, because there is a subset of rules in the Ideas & Feature Request subforum stating threads made suggesting ruled out ideas, which are prominently posted in a sticky in that subforum, will be deleted or closed without notice. This rule extends to other subforums with the best evidence of that extension being the most recent Quality of Life sticky in General. Having compiled all the requests in the first 100 posts of that thread, I saw a lot of instances of ruled out ideas being redacted, as they should be in accordance with the forum rules.

    Trying to appeal to the mods’ decisions, some of which also technically can’t be discussed publicly per forum rules, by calling them unprofessional is unprofessional in itself to a degree and not the best way to get them to see things your way.
    I think it is right to discuss everything, even the decisions of the operators, indeed they are usually the first to be discussed and improved,

    What I felt was unprofessional is not the decision made about it, but the behavior I have noticed of some moderators within this thread and others, I am not a moderator, I am not comparable to professionalism (although I think I have behaved correctly without insulting anyone and showing problems),

    In the hypothesis that I do not respect the rules it is right to point it out and take action, there is nothing strange in this, it is also possible to use the justification is "human", but if it does not do so an operator is much more serious, one of the rules of the forum is just not to insult people in any way, a moderator takes care of enforcing these rules and therefore must in effect perform a job, not behave so much as a human but more as an operator , giving the utmost cordiality to even the most rude and negative people,
    it's a job,
    it's hard
    and it should be so,

    the moderator's stamp is a responsibility not a symbol that proves that he has the right to take action as he pleases, if so this is a problem that inevitably creates disorder.

    I believe there is a lot of confusion and that many problems are not fixed or explained.

    I think that the challenge mode is used to train first of all, and to satisfy this request it requires some investigations, it gives us the possibility to organize the army and make it free, but not completely, and this does not make sense,

    if a hero is not unlocked rightly he cannot be used,

    <ruled out idea redacted>
    Last edited by Ajax; April 22nd, 2021 at 10:44 PM.

  6. #106
    Forum Superstar toofinedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    I am toofinedog wherever I am.
    Posts
    3,348
    You have to recognize Supercell is allowed to create any arbitrary rules they want to for their forums and their games as long as they aren’t breaking any laws in doing so.

    What difference does it make if the the reason healing/upgrading heroes can’t be used is because they can’t do it or they don’t want to do it? Either way, the answer is “no”.

    I think the philosopher Epicurus said it best:

    “Is Supercell willing to allow heroes to be used while healing/upgrading but not able? Then they lack the technical capability.

    Is Supercell able but not willing? Then they simply don’t want to.

    Is Supercell both willing and able? Then why is it ruled out?

    Is Supercell neither able nor willing? Then it’s never going to happen, and there’s no reason to discuss it.”

    I may have paraphrased a little.

  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #107
    Bakunin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Nothing Ever Lasts Forever
    Posts
    4,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Pingotumbo View Post
    Free to share your opinion, different from mine, I believe that there are instead closed threads that should not be, threads criticized and categorically rejected that should not be, the examples I have mentioned before many times
    Because so many of your statements are circular....

    And in order to remove any doubt that may exist: Please read the Main Forum Rules:

    "We encourage open and friendly discussion of Supercell games and Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Supercell Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups."

    Quote Originally Posted by Pingotumbo View Post
    The section is NOT called bugs, I have been repeating this for days too, it IS CALLED bugs and problems
    Correct. It is called 'Bugs & Problems'. 99% of the respondents to your thread appear to be of a similar opinion as to what constitutes a 'Bug' or a 'Problem' with you being the exception.

    Moderators use their own judgement and that judgment, in this instance, concurs with the majority.

    I refer you back to my previous comment and, in conjunction with that same majority, assert that your suggestion remains an 'Idea Or Feature Request' and is neither a 'Bug' nor a 'Problem'. Hopefully that same majority will be thankful that it is my opinion that counts in this case and not yours.


  8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Pingotumbo View Post
    Free to share your opinion, different from mine, I believe that there are instead closed threads that should not be, threads criticized and categorically rejected that should not be, the examples I have mentioned before many times

    The section is NOT called bugs, I have been repeating this for days too, it IS CALLED bugs and problems
    Yu can repeat it as often as you like, but it won't make it valid to post ideas and suggestions for change there. Do that, and those threads will be correctly closed or moved. It is NOT what that forum is intended for.

    And you can think those things should be open for discussion, but they aren't. Keep posting them repeatedly, or keep posting in the wrong place repeatedly, you will find yourself getting infractions.

    If things are in the ruled out or frequently requested ideas lists, then we do NOT need the forums getting clogged up with yet more discussions about them, and the rules here are quite clear.

  9. #109
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
    Because so many of your statements are circular....

    And in order to remove any doubt that may exist: Please read the Main Forum Rules:

    "We encourage open and friendly discussion of Supercell games and Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Supercell Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups."



    Correct. It is called 'Bugs & Problems'. 99% of the respondents to your thread appear to be of a similar opinion as to what constitutes a 'Bug' or a 'Problem' with you being the exception.

    Moderators use their own judgement and that judgment, in this instance, concurs with the majority.

    I refer you back to my previous comment and, in conjunction with that same majority, assert that your suggestion remains an 'Idea Or Feature Request' and is neither a 'Bug' nor a 'Problem'. Hopefully that same majority will be thankful that it is my opinion that counts in this case and not yours.
    You are the moderator I mentioned as being unkind in ways,
    Pointing out (in your opinion) that although my studies do not know how to distinguish bugs from ideas, we do not behave like this, especially as a moderator
    we don't say: many of your statement are circular ... who is here thinks differently,

    the fact that 99% think differently for the purposes is irrelevant, every opinion counts and it is important that it exists, I remind you that 99% of people have equally criticized the modification to donations that was then made by SuperCell itself.

    In my old threads (2017) I noticed that I talked about problems which were later solved by the SuperCell itself,
    I'm talking about troop donation levels,
    of the specific troops requested in donations,
    In 2017 I received only criticism and no support and this did not mean that the problem was not there, in fact it was subsequently taken into consideration by other members who spoke about it.

    The fact that 99% disagree here is just what I think is due to the problems I mentioned in the main text,

    You keep talking to me about bugs and problems, I point out that they are all forced speech that people have brought me to,
    Although they are of the same importance, I find it really superficial to persist in talking about this without answering the rest.

    Like you, even the moderator who closed the thread used aggressive methods, unprofessional, it happens is normal, but I think that in front of a person who says that it should not be done, there is little to complain about, one should avoid doing it take action in this regard, apologize,

    I'm sorry to bother, but I have not yet found answers to the problems that I notice, and not only to the one in my clear opinion of the heroes, these problems are not only reported by me

    Anyone's feedback counts, in the forum there should be an incentive to write, having the last word as a moderator gives them more responsibility in their actions, these tones demonstrate the existence of bad management
    Last edited by Pingotumbo; April 22nd, 2021 at 11:43 PM.

  10. #110
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Yu can repeat it as often as you like, but it won't make it valid to post ideas and suggestions for change there. Do that, and those threads will be correctly closed or moved. It is NOT what that forum is intended for.

    And you can think those things should be open for discussion, but they aren't. Keep posting them repeatedly, or keep posting in the wrong place repeatedly, you will find yourself getting infractions.

    If things are in the ruled out or frequently requested ideas lists, then we do NOT need the forums getting clogged up with yet more discussions about them, and the rules here are quite clear.
    Why do they just insist that you closed the thread for a valid reason?

    I haven't talked about this here,

    I didn't say you shouldn't do it,

    I said that there are ways to do it that shouldn't be rude, have patience, I find myself repeating myself because I receive comments about it all the time too, I repeat that the problem is still there and we don't talk about it, here you just talk that you have the right to close a thread that no one has ever contested.

    I try differently because I feel that the will to understand me is there (and I thank you) but I feel I am not understood.

    The latest coc update has made new adjustments regarding donations, I think it is really important to point this out because it is the most striking and easy to see example.

    Regarding the donation system, it was talked about a few days ago in the forum, but the idea was not only of one person, it had been talked about for years by many others too,

    This idea has been grasped and adopted by SuperCell only now, and I want to clarify that it has every right to do what SuperCell wants,

    However, this idea was criticized until the last day, until after the update, many people apologized only after seeing the SuperCell itself put this idea into practice,

    The bad thing is that I notice (to me like so many others) that it is by no means the only thread criticized and massacred, most (rightly) are discarded, but always most still have something true, even if small, and this real thing is never taken into analysis,
    As now,
    I told you that the reviews regarding the SuperCell support are very low of 1.5 stars out of 5, many are complaining about it,

    I told you that positive things should also be analyzed,

    I gave you a topic on which to argue some challenges, but keep talking about closed threads and how the forum works that I think (even if it may not seem) to know how it works,

    You say that I go around, it seems to me that I do nothing but repeat myself (like you), perhaps there is not much to argue about the clichés, or the fact of education, and about the various opinions, you think it is wrong to inform you about people's impression of the forum? The fact that you feel lack of professionalism? This is feedback, on the other hand, regarding economic problems and challenges, it seems that they don't want to talk about it at all
    Last edited by Pingotumbo; April 23rd, 2021 at 12:33 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •