Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Unproductive forum

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    I was looking at your post history and the aggressive manner and over explanation in which you reply to people, and I think that might be the reason for the opposition you feel you're facing in the forums.

A good new game idea should be comprised of two things: the idea should benefit all or most players (not just a specific town hall) and the reason/justification for the idea should be obvious without having to deep-dive into the reason why it's good. There are other reasons, but a good idea with an obvious benefit to most players is ideal.

There are a few things you as the idea giver can do to keep the conversation positive: turn any criticism into constructive criticism to fine tune your idea. If the idea is contrary or detrimental to the game's growth, accept it and move on. No need to argue if the idea is in-game economy crashing or previously ruled out. If someone says it can't be coded, explain how it can (but keep it simple for non-coders like me).
    I don't think I'm very aggressive, in the past (years ago) I made a post that I recognize the excessive aggressiveness of, but it doesn't matter what happened only to me, this post is not born on a vision that concerns only my experience but the one I see in all the posts I read, (I repeat) even in those threads of which the SuperCell has accepted and taken action. Maybe I express myself badly, I apologize if that's the case but I think I'm always clear on the reasons, if not let me know

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Pingotumbo View Post
    Absolutely not, they are real bugs, visual, graphic and also technical that make the game less enjoyable and therefore I think it is appropriate to face them. Yes, there too, but the same operators I find that they can't handle it well, I was closed a thred in which I analyzed a bug of the simulated attacks, there is absolutely nothing wrong with closing a thread if you think it is inappropriate but I think explanations and kind ways are needed
    Calling out moderator action in public is against forum rules so you might actually want to read them.
    Reasons for closing the thread were provided.

If you really have that much trouble in figuring out where a thread goes and belongs and have so much trouble understanding simple explanations then I have to ask myself some serious questions too.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #43
    Absolutely not, they are real bugs, visual, graphic and also technical that make the game less enjoyable and therefore I think it is appropriate to face them. Yes, there too, but the same operators I find that they can't handle it well, I was closed a thred in which I analyzed a bug of the simulated attacks, there is absolutely nothing wrong with closing a thread if you think it is inappropriate but I think explanations and kind ways are needed
    You did not create a thread about a bug, you created one about a change you would like to see, which is a very different thing.

You wrongly posted it in bugs & problems rather than in Ideas & Feature Requests.

And there was no point in the moderator concerned moving it, because your request is in the list of ruled out ideas. So even if it had been posted in the right place, it would just have been closed or trashed anyhow.

I don't think I'm very aggressive, in the past (years ago) I made a post that I recognize the excessive aggressiveness of, but it doesn't matter what happened only to me, this post is not born on a vision that concerns only my experience but the one I see in all the posts I read, (I repeat) even in those threads of which the SuperCell has accepted and taken action. Maybe I express myself badly, I apologize if that's the case but I think I'm always clear on the reasons, if not let me know
    Don’t worry about it. I mentioned that only for the purpose of my reply. I have nothing against you personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    You did not create a thread about a bug, you created one about a change you would like to see, which is a very different thing.

You wrongly posted it in bugs & problems rather than in Ideas & Feature Requests.

And there was no point in the moderator concerned moving it, because your request is in the list of ruled out ideas. So even if it had been posted in the right place, it would just have been closed or trashed anyhow.
    Thank you for your availability, but the section is called: bugs and problems, that was a problem, as so many others are, and if someone mentions it, it is not necessarily due to the desire to write, but because we see that that problem is annoying, I repeat it is right to close a thread if it is deemed necessary but with the utmost kindness and due explanations, (I have always seen this in the forums), moreover it is logically not explained the reason for not accepting such an option, the troops is possible add and subtract them at will, the clan troops have a real bug as there is you can choose clan troops to insert and then it does not allow you to insert them at will), the heroes instead do not, and the heroes themselves are also usable in the training mode, where I proposed to add new attack simulations since there are hundreds and also much more complex than those that there are, I point out that one was added in the last update, so why is it not possible to add others with due regard to the details?

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #46
    Thank you for your availability, but the section is called: bugs and problems, that was a problem, as so many others are,
    If that were true, then there would be no point in having the Ideas & Feature Requests forum, because just about everything suggested there is because the person suggesting it feels it needs changing (which appears to be your definition of a "problem").

The Bugs & Problems forum is for actual faults and issues with playing the game as it is.

That forum is not for suggesting design changes, which is what your thread was doing. That is what the Ideas & Feturs Requests forum is for.

and if someone mentions it, it is not necessarily due to the desire to write, but because we see that that problem is annoying, I repeat it is right to close a thread if it is deemed necessary but with the utmost kindness and due explanations, (I have always seen this in the forums), moreover it is logically not explained the reason for not accepting such an option, the troops is possible add and subtract them at will, the clan troops have a real bug as there is you can choose clan troops to insert and then it does not allow you to insert them at will), the heroes instead do not, and the heroes themselves are also usable in the training mode, where I proposed to add new attack simulations since there are hundreds and also much more complex than those that there are, I point out that one was added in the last update, so why is it not possible to add others with due regard to the details?
    Using heroes while they are upgrading or recovering is absolutely ruled out by Supercell.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #47
    The section is called 'Bugs & Problems' for a reason.

You posted an 'Idea & Feature Request' - I quote: "heroes should be able to be used in simulations as well if they are improving, as in training mode, also it would be appropriate to add new attack simulations in training mode"

Your request is covered in the 'Currently Ruled Out Ideas' sticky thread in the correct subforum where it states:

"- Allow Heroes to be available while upgrading
    - Allow Heroes to be available while recovering"

Both of the above cover all eventualities where heroes may be used - friendly challenges, war attacks, etc.

You would be better served reading the various sticky threads and familiarising yourself with the forum and it's members rather than trying to insist that everybody else is wrong and you are right. Even more so given that you are familiar with computer science and yet are not distinguishing between 'bugs' and 'requests'.
    Last edited by Bakunin; April 20th, 2021 at 04:04 PM.

Open 24 Hours
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Thank you for your availability, but the section is called: bugs and problems, that was a problem, as so many others are, and if someone mentions it, it is not necessarily due to the desire to write, but because we see that that problem is annoying, I repeat it is right to close a thread if it is deemed necessary but with the utmost kindness and due explanations, (I have always seen this in the forums), moreover it is logically not explained the reason for not accepting such an option, the troops is possible add and subtract them at will, the clan troops have a real bug as there is you can choose clan troops to insert and then it does not allow you to insert them at will), the heroes instead do not, and the heroes themselves are also usable in the training mode, where I proposed to add new attack simulations since there are hundreds and also much more complex than those that there are, I point out that one was added in the last update, so why is it not possible to add others with due regard to the details?
    If you could use heroes while upgrading, why would anyone waste 500 gems on book of heroes or 165 medals on hammers? Have a logical approach and think behind the problems it might face. Everything is not a coding problem. Think about long term effects due to some suggestions.

Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    I repeat the point. Don't explain why something is technically impossible, because nothing is impossible, just see the problems of the actual game, talk about what you want, clash of clans has 3000 problems that nobody talks about and it's really absurd
    This is the part where I raised an eyebrow. I understand your frustration, but you seem to be missing some important factors.

"Nothing is impossible". In the world of coding? Maybe you are right, I don't know. But in the world of a company? No. The people of Supercell have their priorities and their to-do list with important things on it. The Clash of Clans team is a small team, all human. You just can't expect a company to fix every problem that you, me or any individual want to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Calling out moderator action in public is against forum rules so you might actually want to read them.
    Reasons for closing the thread were provided.

If you really have that much trouble in figuring out where a thread goes and belongs and have so much trouble understanding simple explanations then I have to ask myself some serious questions too.
    The forum, especially when it comes to bugs and problems, ideas to add, should be of particular interest to operators not me, threads can close, people can be banned, and tomorrow be happy and see the clean page without having to read comments from annoying people like me, but the problems are not solved, some people remain unhappy, I do not think that the goal of any activity is this, also I notice that the tones used here are really inappropriate, it seems to speak among relatives, without any kindness, and there seems to be even some allusion to my mental faculties, instead of getting lost in criticism again, for the umpteenth time, we cannot at least agree on the fact that it is right and perhaps even necessary to be able to talk about a bug or problem? Forget me or my precise condition, I speak here not only in my name, I have talked about many things and from 3 operators I have received only new criticisms, allusive insults, if you want I leave quotes, and everything I said has been given for granted it is all wrong, I think that even in the comments there is something, maybe microscopic but sensible, here I am trying to talk about a problem that I have encountered I ask you if I can talk about it or the SuperCell forum is not the right place, because that's what I'm noticing