Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Replace silly cute pets with royal bodyguards

"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper" T S Eliot
    For the record, I myself have absolutely no opinion regarding their group designation (pets), nor their appearances. It is only function (what they do), not form (name nor appearance), that concerns me.

That said, I do agree that technically the designator of "pets" is wrong use for the English Language. Dictionaries often define pets as having no utilitarian function (ref: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pet). So a dog trained and used to herd sheep, or to sniff out substances, are not technically pets. Nor is a Falcon used for hunting (which these "pets" remind me of). But, they may just of had an issue of finding a word that could be translated effectively into all of the game supported language, so "pet" was used. We simply do not know why "pet" was chosen. Keep in mind English is not the only game supported language.

Tbh
    Many things in clash is silly and has some hilarious nature attached to the troops. Like wizard is stylish, hog rider is hog riderrrrrrrr,
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

Banned
    Royal Guard sounds like a knock off, of the guys in red protecting Lord Sidious / Emperor in Star Wars.
    I think the pets are a great idea, I did roll my eyes at the unicorn as it is very childish imo.
    W2B Attack Chimp that screams when it mauls an enemy. Gets enraged like a super barb as its health decreases.

Although to be fair, that useless human that runs and hides when you're under attack should be given the call of duty. I'm sure having humans in the pet shop would cause some cancel culture hate mob to form in here though.

Instead of complaining about the looking and the only one ability, try to suggest new abilities, new skins that will make them look stronger.
    Try to give new ideas, for example "skins can give you more health and force".
    I think they won't change it.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    For the record, I myself have absolutely no opinion regarding their group designation (pets), nor their appearances. It is only function (what they do), not form (name nor appearance), that concerns me.

That said, I do agree that technically the designator of "pets" is wrong use for the English Language. Dictionaries often define pets as having no utilitarian function (ref: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pet). So a dog trained and used to herd sheep, or to sniff out substances, are not technically pets. Nor is a Falcon used for hunting (which these "pets" remind me of). But, they may just of had an issue of finding a word that could be translated effectively into all of the game supported language, so "pet" was used. We simply do not know why "pet" was chosen. Keep in mind English is not the only game supported language.
    You could call them emotional support animals, but that might imply the heroes have issues to overcome:

The queen loves shooting walls.

The warden sometimes has an aversion to large groups.

The champ is irrationally afraid of four things.

The king has anger management problem.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    You could call them emotional support animals, but that might imply the heroes have issues to overcome:

The queen loves shooting walls.

The warden sometimes has an aversion to large groups.

The champ is irrationally afraid of four things.

The king has anger management problem.
    After the latest update, King looks more depressed than looking angry
    Last edited by darpan2704coc; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:57 PM.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    Still means he needs an emotional support animal, so point still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    I was referencing his rage ability, but visually, I think the non-skinned King looks pretty good with the extra triangles or whatever.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post

Fair point tbh.
    A lot of other games having a larger mix typically have.
    Pets - cosmetic only (like most pets)
    Mounts - for riding around on and not only horses.
    Companions - fights side by side.

Elder Scrolls series and Warcraft has a good mix of all of them.

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Just remove that damn Unicron. Everything else is fine among pets. LASSI is quite good. Yak and Owl look competitive.