Results 1 to 8 of 8

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Cost of wall rings using league medals

  1. #1
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    3

    Cost of wall rings using league medals

    Hi clash community, I would like to bring up the issue of how much wall rings currently cost. So the current cost of 10 wall rings is 50 league medals. Iím almost certain the goal of this game is to prevent you from upgrading walls because they are so overpriced. With 200+ walls you would need 200 league medals in order to upgrade most of them. Not everyone gets 200 medals in the league wars. I feel it should be around 30 medals for 10 wall rings considering most upgraded walls cost 3-4 wall rings per one wall. I hope this doesnít fall on deaf ears thanks!

  2. #2
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Climbing Mt. Ebott
    Posts
    597
    I think wall rings are overpriced for a reason: walls are supposed to be earned through farming, not purchased. I'm pretty happy with the cost of wall rings atm because it makes them affordable if you really need them but not worth the purchase.

  3. #3
    Game economy is a little bit more complex than our fair judgement.
    What you say is currently debatable about other magic items as well!
    For example, you can buy a rune of DE for 3000 gems (I guess) but only sell one for 50! How is that fair? Is it?? Apparently it is... And it may actually be when considering the complexity of game's economy.

    Also, a personal note from me:
    I don't think that the game's goal is to prevent you from upgrading the wall pieces... But I think the objective of the developers is to create more activity!
    You can buy training potions with those medals and farm as much as 5 times the loot which has to be spent on the same amount of walls! So activity is rewarded.
    Actually, the promotion of more activity is seen throughout the whole game... Adding some challenges to TH levels below 7... All and all just to make new users more and more active.
    So I think that wall rings are not probably going to change... (However I myself would love to have them at a cheaper price!!! I mean the cheaper the better... right? )

  4. #4
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,656
    You are going to be in for a bit of a shock as you get higher. It would require 2,275 rings to upgrade my 325 walls from level 14 to 15. Walls prices have been drastically reduced over the past few years. Wall rings for any costing lest than 1 million are wasted. Just raid some and knock them out.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jspatz03 View Post
    Hi clash community, I would like to bring up the issue of how much wall rings currently cost. So the current cost of 10 wall rings is 50 league medals. I’m almost certain the goal of this game is to prevent you from upgrading walls because they are so overpriced. With 200+ walls you would need 200 league medals in order to upgrade most of them. Not everyone gets 200 medals in the league wars. I feel it should be around 30 medals for 10 wall rings considering most upgraded walls cost 3-4 wall rings per one wall. I hope this doesn’t fall on deaf ears thanks!
    There is no intention for people to buy wall rings. Whether in the league shop or the trader.

    They are there because some people would complain if they weren't, but they are deliberately overpriced, because buying wall rings is effectively just the same as buying gold or lix, and those have also always been very expensive in gems.

    They want us to raid for gold/lix, not buy them.

  6. #6
    Warriors are OP
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by Jspatz03 View Post
    So the current cost of 10 wall rings is 50 league medals. Iím almost certain the goal of this game is to prevent you from upgrading walls because they are so overpriced. With 200+ walls you would need 200 league medals in order to upgrade most of them. Not everyone gets 200
    Wait what ?
    As per your calculations, with 200 medals you would be able to do only 8 walls. And how do they cover most of them ?
    Not denying but it's way more than 200 medals, like even if i get 500 medals i would hardly be able to upgrade most of them.

  7. #7
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Ardenweald
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by ExploringGalaxy View Post
    Wait what ?
    As per your calculations, with 200 medals you would be able to do only 8 walls. And how do they cover most of them ?
    Not denying but it's way more than 200 medals, like even if i get 500 medals i would hardly be able to upgrade most of them.
    If he has walls less than 1M a piece, it's one ring per wall piece.
    Gonna leave this here so I don't have to search every time someone says "help I can't get in touch with support"

    Clash of Clans customer support: https://help.supercellsupport.com/cl...tact-form.html

  8. #8
    Warriors are OP
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupholder View Post
    If he has walls less than 1M a piece, it's one ring per wall piece.
    Nah he is around 3-4 million per piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jspatz03 View Post
    considering most upgraded walls cost 3-4 wall rings per one wall.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •