Thread: Wars in BB: My proposal to implement them

Centennial Club

Wars in BB: My proposal to implement them

I. The focus of the Builder's Base.

First of all, it is necessary to understand that a normal clan war it is impossible to implement. As many threads have said, the gamemode of BB is just incompatible with clan wars.

Besides that, Darian said:
    Builder Base was always originally designed to be a more "solo" experience [...] So incorporating more Clan type things into it is very challenging since it wasn't designed with it in mind.
    The first conclusion, then, is that we cannot propose any clan activities, becausa that is not the BB focus. Then, the first thing we need to know to propose a "war" is to know which is the focus of BB. Let's see this in the simple graph below.

BASE FOCUS
    Main Village Clan experience.
    Builder Base Solo experience.

It was something to do to kill time in between upgrades in the Home Village.
    We need to know, then, that BB is not a Main Village. It is not a parallel of the normal way of playing. It is just an alternative, something secundary and never should be more important than MV.

Therefore, the focus in BB is a solo experience. Nothing else. Proposing a clan war or anything related is against the focus and will be a non-sense, because any idea we have needs to be coherent with the focus of the game.

I propose then, to change slightly the focus of Builder Base.

Let's change the "Solo Experience" to the "Solo & Community Experience".

II. Solo & Community Experience.

So, what is "SCE"?

Solo Experience: Until today, main BB focus is a solo experience. You are who plays and your progress it depends only of you and the way you play. There is no way that a third person could help you in your progress. Therefore, any proposal needs to be coherent with this idea: If we propose any community idea, this idea cannot advantage one player above another. Let's talk about a biological concept to understand this better: symbiosis.

is any type of a close and long-term biological interaction between two different biological organisms...
    - extracted from Wikipedia.
    We will see, in simple terms, four types of symbiosis in the graph below.

Type of Symbiosis Organism 1 Organism 2
    Mutualism + +
    Commensalism + 0
    Parasitism + -
    Amensalism - 0

Explaining the graph, in the mutualism both organisms are benefited. In commensalism, one is benefited and the other is neutral, no benefit or harm. In parasitism, one is benefited and other is harmed. In amensalism, one is harmed and the other is neutral.

In Main Village, we can find those four interactions: Clan wars (mutualism); Clan donations (commensalism); Farming (Parasitism); Attacking some having full storages (Amensalism).

However, in Builder's Base commensalism must not exist. If we will have any interaction, we need to be mutualism, parasitism or amensalism. Nowadays, parasitism (attacks) and amensalism (attacking after having the daily bonus) exists in the game. Mutualism does not exist and can be a possibility because does not break the BB coherence.

Now that we've seen that mutualism does not break the game coherence, I can explain the Community Experience.

Community Experience: Now we know that the only way of interaction that we could implement in the BB is mutualism. An interaction where every organism benefits according to the participation in the symbiosis. Therefore, if community cooperates, the rewards will be acording to everyone's participation and effort (not like in Main Village Clan Wars, where, for example, low THs can attack high THS just for loot).

Now that we have said this, I want to clarify that maybe my proposals are not the best, but I think until this part of the post, we have defined a path to follow for the BB.

III. Solo Additions.

Do not forget that we are talking about how to implement wars in BB in a coherent way. What is my proposal, then?

First of all, I want to give credits to this thread, which idea I used, in some way, for inspiration.

The first addition, then, is the Arena.

A) ARENA. (Parasitism [+ -])

We all know that BB has not leagues. And until today, leagues were not something extremely necessary. We all know, also, that each 200 trophies our loot increments a little bit. With this in mind, we can understand the Arena Mode.

1) What is Arena?

This new gamemode consists in a path of seven battles. One per day. One week a month. Completely apart from the three daily battles. The results after the arena event is completed will define our global classification. This gamemode it is only available for maxed BH9. And it will be... a "ranked" mode inside of Clash of Clans.

2) What is Global Classification?

I want to clarify, that first of all, this is completely parallel to normal trophies. Normal trophies would still be used to determine the loot available in the classic gamemode.

I don't think that implementing leagues would be a coherent idea. As we said before, BB is not parallel to MV, it is just a solo experience, its purpose is to be used when MV cannot. Adding leagues and specific clasifications would add a serious tone to the BB, and we do not want that.

Therefore, to make it simple, each victory give us 1 Victory Point (or trophy). After the first ever global classification, matchmaking will match players with the same amounts or trophies (or similar). If I have five trophies, ideally will match me with 5-trophies players, however, sometimes could be with 4-trophies or 6-trophies. The trophies acummulates every season. There is no restart, there is just adding.

3) What is the purpose of the Arena? Are there any benefits of playing this gamemode?

This is a very interesting question, the most difficult one and maybe the less atractive. I thought a lot about some benefit this gamemode could have, and I thought in one. However, maybe is quite disappointing.

However, this question it serves us to define all the purposes of the gamemodes that I will propose: for fun.
    As we said in the first point of this post, BH should not be a parallel and should not be as important as MV. These features do not have to be quite popular, do not have to be quite interesting, just an alternative for the player who has a five minutes break in the job or the school.

Also, we know that BB is, in some way, more experimental than than MV. This is a quite important point and this is the potential of BB. Troops that don't fit in MV, fit in BB. Therefore, instead of adding more BH levels, would be interesting to add diversity of troops to encourage BB players to test new strategies and discover a new way of playing the game.

So, my goal with this idea is to have a new vision of BB, not a base we need to progress and more BH levels. Instead, a base where we need to exploit defenses and try different army compositions in order to reach the first places of the world.

Normal attacks will be a "casual mode", where you can prove new strategies, new army compositions, etc. And then, you can apply it in the Arena, which is a "Ranked" mode.

B) LAYOUT COMPETITION. (Mutualism [+ +])

The Builder's base is... the builder's base. We need to see some engineering here. Are you able to create the best layout for BB? Find out in this new gamemode. Also, demonstrate you're the best attacker, by attacking someone's special layout with specific troops.

1) What is Layout Competition?

Layout Competition is a permanent gamemode, where you can post your personalized layouts, and personalized challenges.

2) How does it work?

It is quite simple: you can design a layout as you want. With no conditions: if you want to use 20 lava launchers in your layout... Go ahead, use it!
    If you want to only allow bombers to attack your base... Go ahead, allow it!

The only condition to submit a layout, is that you have to attack it first. For example, let's suppose we have a base with 20 lava launchers and its only allowed to use bombers. Therefore, the most probable scenary is that I will get a 0%.

If somebody attacks this base, the challenge would be have a greater destrucion percentage than 0%.

Therefore, the threshold in the challenges cannot be "trolled". If you want a classic challenge, just attack a 100% base, because you know that the owner of the layout did a 100% attack before. If you want something more experimental, try bases with lower percentages, because could be a interesting challenge.

I didn't add it in the photo, but would be great to create a approval system (likes or dislikes), in order to prevent people doing extremely easy layouts.

3) What is the purpose of Layout Competitions? Are there any benefit?

As I said in the Arena point, there are not real benefits, maybe an achievement, but nothing else. Because the purpose of all of this is to give players an alternative way to play in the BB.

This idea is coherent because both players win according to their effort. If I think that creating a layout it is not something worthy of my time, I will not participate, therefore there no interaction between players. However, If I think that could be funny to create a layout, I win, and the people attacking my idea will get benefited through (1) achievement, (2) fun.

IV. COMMUNITY ADDITION.

A) Monthly Boss (Mutualism [++])

During all season, once per day, you cant attack a preset base... which values are increased a lot. I didn't think about any value, but I'm thinking cannons with 100x times its health or 100x times its attack. Therefore, the objective of the entire community of Clash of Clans is to defeat the base before the end of the season. You have just one attack per day, but if every person participate (even low BHs) could defeat the boss base.

I don't have any pictures, because, as you have seen, my editing abilities are too low. However, I think I have been clear in this point. We have a layout with quite strong defenses, quite strong structures and quite strong Battle Machine.

Just imagine. Content creators sharing strategies to make the most possible damage according to every BH, the satisfaction of destroying the Boss Base before the season ends. The achievement of the entire community in order to get a challenge.

Rewards? I thought that would be interesting a statue. Just one statue. Maybe a Battle Machine Statue that you can put in your BB. In the first challenge that you participate, you receive the statue and a medal:

"Battle Machine Statue.
    Season May, 2021. Damage: 691.340
    After every participation, the medals would increase. Maybe you could buy some stuffs to personalizate the statue. After 24 participations, you get the Gold Statue, or something like that.

I would really like to creating a photo, however, I don't know how.

V. CONCLUSION (TL;DR)

Uf. Thiswas a extremely large post. I want to do a very short conclusion, therefore, if any of you don't want to read the entire post, could read this to know what I am talking about.

Before the TL;DR. My thoughts about the idea.

I know that my ideas could be impossible or bad. However, I don't want to implement the ideas I have said here before. My principal goal with this post is to give to BB a different interpretation: to stop seeing posts about clan wars or clan donations, and to create a paradigm in BB ideas: a solo and community experience. Now, the TL;DR.

1. Focus: BB has to focus in a solo and community experience, not in a clan experience. Therefore, we have to create gamemodes based in a solo and community experience. Also, BB must not be parallel to Main Village, needs to be different and a gamemode that not requires compromise.

2. Solo & Community Experience: BB is a solo experience. Therefore, we need to create ideas acording to this. Not clan related, no friendship related, you and only you make your progress. Nobody can help you. This must be the thinking before creating an idea.

3. Solo Addition:
    Arena: It is like a ranked mode inside of BB. Completely Parallel to normal trophies road.
    Layout Competition: You create your own personalizated layouts (personalized defenses, troops) and people can challenge it.

4. Community Addition:
    Boss Base: The entire community of CoC unites in order to attack the quite strong base of this boss.

I really like the idea of a layout competition. It brings a new experience. The "league" idea in the first one just seems like a big grind with no tangible rewards. Boss bases are a cool idea but I don't think any base is able to withstand thousands of players. What's more, a strong base needed to withstand so many attacks would mean each individual player feels like they barely do a dent per attack. I would imagine some players bringing all bomber camps to take down a single piece of wall in their 3 minutes of time. I think a better idea is for clans to take down a communal base, similar to Boom Beach operations.
    Last edited by BillyJoeTheThird; May 5th, 2021 at 03:17 AM.

yes please add this we need more builder base stuff, we just need to be able to get more loot to unlock level 30 otto, i have max collectors for a good 4 months now, otto is barley level 20

Yeah, good idea.
    Besides this idea, please add 2v2 game mode in the builder base, not 1v1 and another 1v1, but two players fight versus other 2 players in real time.
    It will make a fun and challenging experience while team working & collaboration.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyJoeTheThird View Post
    I really like the idea of a layout competition. It brings a new experience. The "league" idea in the first one just seems like a big grind with no tangible rewards. Boss bases are a cool idea but I don't think any base is able to withstand thousands of players. What's more, a strong base needed to withstand so many attacks would mean each individual player feels like they barely do a dent per attack. I would imagine some players bringing all bomber camps to take down a single piece of wall in their 3 minutes of time. I think a better idea is for clans to take down a communal base, similar to Boom Beach operations.
    Thanks for your comment!

I. Find coherent rewards is quite difficult in BB ideas. Loot, in my opinion, it is not a good reward, because it losts the sense once you're max, and BB is relatively easy to max. So, I thought about doing just for fun. BB needs to be a base to have fun and spare time while we wait for the MV.
    2. I like a lot your idea of communal bases. In fact, it is better than mine. When I was doing this post, I said that my ideas were to be ancestor of other ideas instead of being implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobpppp View Post
    yes please add this we need more builder base stuff, we just need to be able to get more loot to unlock level 30 otto, i have max collectors for a good 4 months now, otto is barley level 20
    Thanks for your comment!
    I don't think more loot is extremely necessary. A lot of players maxed and it is quite more easy to max than the MV. The problem, I think, is to think BB as another base to progress. BB should be a base to develop experimental troops and experimental ways to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserRadiation View Post
    Yeah, good idea.
    Besides this idea, please add 2v2 game mode in the builder base, not 1v1 and another 1v1, but two players fight versus other 2 players in real time.
    It will make a fun and challenging experience while team working & collaboration.
    Thanks for your comment!
    It could be cool to implement a 2v2 gamemode. However, how could you implement it? Both attacking the same base or each one attacking each base?
    I thought about this idea, but I didn't know how to implement it in the game.

A fun but chaotic way to implement 2v2 would be to just let the two players build their best base in a limited time with all the buildings they have and then both players attack simultaneously the enemy base.