Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 3rd party advert in game

Pro Member
    For me, it just came for a flick second and disappeared while loading the news feed.
    Last edited by PKapoor; April 21st, 2021 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Just to give some clarity, this isn't a 3rd party ad, it's a collaboration
    Getting senile in my old age, but can you clarify the difference between an ad and a collaboration?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
    Getting senile in my old age, but can you clarify the difference between an ad and a collaboration?
    If I had to guess, an AD is just them paying SC to show and promote their product there, and a collab is SC reaching an audience by help of x company and in return showing promos for clash with their product?
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Minley View Post
    If I had to guess, an AD is just them paying SC to show and promote their product there, and a collab is SC reaching an audience by help of x company and in return showing promos for clash with their product?
    i have seen the ad too. it was very fleeting when looking at the news page/tab

Banned
    Advert.
    Flat out one off payment to advertise a product. One way benefit.

Collaboration.
    Has to have a two way benefit.
    So in theory Samsung get phone sales and tracked through Google tracking and SC gets a cut or some form of kickback.

Not that I have an issue as Darian stated they won't have adverts. This is fine. I just don't want the Pepsi Max lvl 15 townhall and the Hidden Tesla brought to you by Tesla motors. Or just watch a pointless video before you attack.
    Last edited by Thesuperbeast; April 28th, 2021 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    Advert.
    Flat out one off payment to advertise a product. One way benefit.
    So the person paying for the advert is not getting any benefit? Seems like a poor business model to me.

Banned
    So the person paying for the advert is not getting any benefit? Seems like a poor business model to me.
    it's more the transaction type that's the benefit. Selling space is old hat stuff now. Hence why Facebook are getting funny about getting blocked and needing permission. No one going to pay for flat adverts to groups that aren't interested.

Targeted trackable and measurable success is what companies want.
    Same way as TV advertising, how do they know what channel was effective? It's a wild guess at best and why prime time slots are so expensive. The more people gives the better chance of success.

Advertise on internet with tracking and cookies to monitor success, you'll know which advert was successful. This "Collab" is the latter.

YouTube has even changes the advert payment model now, they only pay when there is a click or something like that. Rather than flat out viewings.

iAdvertise on internet with tracking and cookies to monitor success, you'll know which advert was successful. This "Collab" is the latter.
    So are you saying if the ad is successful it is a "collab"?

And as far as I am aware Facebook is getting squirrelly because what they have been doing for years has been deceptive and they trying to cover their a

Banned
    So are you saying if the ad is successful it is a "collab"?

And as far as I am aware Facebook is getting squirrelly because what they have been doing for years has been deceptive and they trying to cover their a
    You're reading way too much into it, borderline trolling.

More to it than I can post on here or want to. Suggest reading into business management and professional advertising and sponsorships. Let the professionals educate you rather than an insurance lawyer on a clash of clans forum if you've got that much time on your hands.

You're reading way too much into it, borderline trolling.

More to it than I can post on here or want to. Suggest reading into business management and professional advertising and sponsorships. Let the professionals educate you rather than an insurance lawyer on a clash of clans forum if you've got that much time on your hands.
    Good to know my six years at University doing business management was wasted