Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hay Day Update: Spring 2021!

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    X posted with you. Thanks for the info. I'm disappointed my iPad mini is considered 'older' , but at least I'll stop hoping the quality is going to be restored!
    Haha yes figured it was a cross post..
    Iím in the same boat. My iPad Air 1 has very grainy graphics as well currently. Iím afraid the only way to get truly crisp graphics again is to move to a new device. Iíve been informed the devices affected are 6+ years old.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    I think I may have missed something in the update....what settings do we have? How do we personalise things? Where are the Avatars.
    Supercell ID changes. You can choose a name, avatar from a small selection and add friends in Supercell ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Haha yes figured it was a cross post..
    I’m in the same boat. My iPad Air 1 has very grainy graphics as well currently. I’m afraid the only way to get truly crisp graphics again is to move to a new device. I’ve been informed the devices affected are 6+ years old.
    Mine is Oct 14. Working perfectly well until SD fiddled with the graphics. Truly crisp graphics will have to wait, sadly, as I've no other reason/need to replace my much loved, well travelled companion mini! I get a tad attached to --everything-- my tech. & HATE replacing it.

I suppose ill just have to see how much it continues to annoy me, or if I get used to it. I'm already less annoyed now I know it's a 'thing' and won't be waiting for it to improve!

Are you replacing yours?
    Very sad to be losing our much loved forum ~ and many friends
    Level 183 (51Town)150/150 Achievements
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14
    Mine is Oct 14. Working perfectly well until SD fiddled with the graphics. Truly crisp graphics will have to wait, sadly, as I've no other reason/need to replace my much loved, well travelled companion mini! I get a tad attached to --everything-- my tech. & HATE replacing it.

I suppose ill just have to see how much it continues to annoy me, or if I get used to it. I'm already less annoyed now I know it's a 'thing' and won't be waiting for it to improve!

Are you replacing yours?
    Yea see yours is almost 7 so thatís pretty ancient from tech perspective. I think mine is around that age as well and like yours running very well on everything. But the hay day graphics have gone very grainy.

Personally I do think I could get used it after a while. Of course youíll notice at first but gradually get used it. Some might not be able to though and I get that as well.

Quite frankly weíve bought new devices late last year but havenít installed them yet. While the iPads were still running smoothly we were noticing battery life was deteriorating and figured it would be time for a new device soon. So Iíll probably fire that new one up soon now but I wonít completely retire the old one.

I think I may have missed something in the update....what settings do we have? How do we personalise things? Where are the Avatars.
    Hi SmallChange!

Sending warmest COVID-Free greetings to you - you are a much admired and loved Farmer
    If you tap on the Settings gear (underneath the envelope inbox) in the upper Left corner on your farm, you’ll see the blue banner at the top for the Supercell ID. It will have Connected checked, plus a number (friends) in a red notification badge sitting on the Connected button. Press that, and you can update your farm name (I kept mine the same, just re-entered it.). You can pick an avatar (that will show up in your friends bar, much like the old avatars from FB and Game Center did, years ago). You can re-invite your friends, change settings,... there.
    There is a new Supercell number given to your farm, but I’m not certain if it associated for the new friends feature or the actual SC ID#. I’m not quite certain how you use it.
    I checked, and you still keep your original friend book tag #.
    Perhaps one of the YouTubers has released a tutorial on this new friends addition.

I hope this helps you get started!

P.S. I’m so sorry SmallChange and Kaptain Kat (thank you for your new products explanation) that your resolution is blurry. My elderly iPad is still sharp, but it’s been failing over the last year, and like you, kindred spirits, I haven’t wanted to replace it! It has gotten so unresponsive that I finally ordered a new iPad from Apple, just this morning. (I am amazed at the 1T memory option!) That’s great Kaptain Kat that you have new equipment standing by! I hope when it’s time for yours Small Change, that you can get one on sale!
    Last edited by AsYouWish; April 20th, 2021 at 12:54 AM.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly74 View Post
    Following the update the quality of the game has reduced and everything is now blurry when zoomed in.
    Old devices... Not much we can do as the game memory footprint grows.

Cheers,

Nick
    Nick / Supercell
    Community Manager
    Random ramblings @slusse on Twitter: https://twitter.com/slusse

For support related questions please reach out to our support team from within the game, or this link!

Centennial Club
    Cross-posting a bit: I'm having trouble running the new update on my Android 4.2.2 device; it simply fails to start. See https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...fails-to-start for details.

If someone does have success on running it on Android 4.2.2 then please post in that thread..
    (Or if others also have trouble running on Android 4.2.2 then please share.. I want to rule out if it's an issue with just my device)

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post
    Old devices... Not much we can do as the game memory footprint grows.

Cheers,

Nick
    What about reloading problem? Will Supercell or a staff from Supercell say anything about this problem, e.g., when will it be solved, or will the ignorance continue?

The game is reloading app. every 5 minutes, worse than the situation before the update (new generation device). Asked my NH for my farm that I am not playing with anymore = 29 members are experiencing the restating bug worse after the update. So, nothing has been done for the problem that is affecting many players since November.

After the update, my inbox has been blank, even the walking chicken is gone. Also I can not zoom out to look at my farm and town as much as before. It feels a bit too tight. Please fix it. Mine is iphone 6.

Great update. Especially like now when swapping farms you have put the level numbers which helps me know which Id is which.

Also once you add friends how do you remove any unwanted friends from your list

thanks
    Daily Hay Day Player
    GC Paulfeath1974
    KIK Paulfeath1974

Currently LV93