Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan War Matchmaking Suggestions

Clan Wars Mismatch Suggestions

Hello
    Hope you are all doing well,

The Problem:
    Today we had a war in our clan where the highest TH level on our team was a TH9 account. During the war preparation period the opponent clan also had a TH9 as their top member. But when the attacking day began, we faced a SOLID TH10 as their top member while we still had a TH9 as our highest account.
    Why do I say SOLID TH10? Because an extra X-Bow and an inferno tower where placed on the war map, and also the spell factory was upgraded to next level and the laboratory was upgraded as well!

To state the obvious, the opponent clan's highest member had upgraded their town hall to level 10+upgraded the laboratory with gems/books+upgraded the spell factory with gems/books+started building the extra X-Bow and one of the inferno towers... THIS IS NOT FAIRRR!!!

Similar problem occurred with TH14 accounts (As they are new but TH9 and TH10 are relatively old). Members said their clan had to face MAXED TH14 accounts with maxed pets and heroes because the opponent team just gemmed to max.
    Suggestions:
    Now I don't like to just complain and complain... So I reviewed some of the suggestions in the past and came up with my own.

Some people had suggested that the offense+defenses must be frozen once the war matchmaking has begun. I believe this is sort of impossible due to the large number of wars that are started every single day... Also some people plan their presence in clan wars according to their hero upgrades and observing your queen upgrade in a 24h time window is a lot easier compared to the short time between the last war has finished and the next matchmaking starts. So this suggestion is obsolete!

Another suggestion was that clans would determine the war preparation time in advance (like friendly wars) and it would be taken into account while matchmaking which I think is also impossible. Because the number of wars that are begun everyday is relatively large and increasing the determining factors at such scale is a little bit hard to implement. So this is not a good suggestion as well!

What I want to suggest is a little bit different... It may not solve the problem completely... But I think it may be a solid step towards that direction.

1- The buildings that are not finished should not be available to be placed in the war map! This suggestion doesn't remove the problem of "Gemming" yet not all members use gems to upgrade their buildings so if someone chooses to do that they are somehow paying the price as well!!!

2- War bases that can be used in clan wars should be changed during the war preparation time. Something similar to friendly challenges but different! I am suggesting that people would not be able to change their war base during the preparation day. They can choose a different war base among the 3 different saved bases but they can't change the bases and add new buildings! This way members are not allowed to add buildings their war base within the war preparation day time period! So adding extra X-Bows and inferno towers disappears!
    This way if someone is going to upgrade to a higher town hall "and place the extra buildings" they have to do it before the matchmaking and then it will be taken into account while finding opponent clans.
    This suggestion does not remove the problem of higher level troops that the higher town hall suggests! But it is still a good and firm step towards solving the mismatches.

3- This last suggestion is not my favorite and I don't think it is the best suggestion to implement! But here it goes:
    Just the way that clan castle troops were limited to a particular level, the level of troops one can use in war against a certain town hall should be limited as well!
    For example, when competing against a TH9, you are not able to use troop levels and hero levels from TH10 or above! This reduces the OVERPOWERING lower bases in large wars and also stops bullying the opponent clan during the war!
    Just to be clear: I don't mean the troop capacity for your attack should be changed (This still creates a little bit of overpowering lower bases) but the troop and hero levels should be limited.

I believe just implementing the second and third suggestions will reduce the war mismatches immensely!

I am looking forward to other opinions and responses from MODs and other clashers!
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by frzmzr; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:06 PM.

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Your last suggestion is good imo and I don't see a problem with it. This will help clans in cwl when they are faced with high players. This will also help dealing with rushers and any engineers who are still in the game.
    +1 for your last suggestion.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Personally I donít see this as a problem and therefore I donít see the need to fix or change this.

In some cases this will work against you and your clan as presented in the example and in some cases it will work in your favor.
    In the end the whole war is a team effort and you win some you lose some. Cíest la vie.

Your first suggestion wouldn't help at all if the player has some books and hammer to play with they could achieve the same result without gemming or give gemmers an even bigger advantage that the F2P payer couldnít use the building being built while a gemmer could have the level 1 inferno (for example). It would just be another road block for the F2P players.

Your second suggestion also comes with issues. If players just want to fix a hole in a base, swap a few buildings or move a wall pice etc they couldnít do that either. Thereís already quite a few complaints from bases going into FC cool down over the slightest change (although this has improved a little) it certainly was a large issue. Itís just not practical. Preparation day is made for preparing CCs and your base.

I really do not like that third suggestion at all. Quite frankly if youíre attacking down then it should be relatively easy to roll that base especially when there are 2 town hall or more levels difference. The lower town hall at that time shouldnít stand a chance at a defense. Maybe with a good base he could give 1 town hall higher a bit of trouble but certainly not 2 or more. The win rewards for attacking the lower town hall is also lower while the attacker does cook more expensive troops.
    its also not a good player experience for a higher town hall whoís worked more on his base to have trouble with a lower town hall level. Whatís the point of progression if you donít have that advantage. Overall in a war not everyone will be able to bully someone lower then them. Some will have to fight the strong bases up top too.

The thing is at the time of war matching your whole clan is matched with another whole clan close to your war weight.
    On an individual level there could be differences. Mirror bases donít have to be the same. That said if you experience severe mismatches a whole lot of the time then you need to analyze this and maybe go into war with a smaller spread of town halls. The more level difference you have the bigger the chance of odd matches.
    And lastly try and judge a war match objectively and look at the whole line up. I have experienced it in game a lot of times that a clan mate would cry a river about an unfair match when it was in fact quite fair. Just because theyíre used to beating up much easier bases in multi player and couldnít attack their own level base to save their soul.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Personally I don’t see this as a problem and therefore I don’t see the need to fix or change this.

In some cases this will work against you and your clan as presented in the example and in some cases it will work in your favor.
    In the end the whole war is a team effort and you win some you lose some. C’est la vie.

Your first suggestion wouldn't help at all if the player has some books and hammer to play with they could achieve the same result without gemming or give gemmers an even bigger advantage that the F2P payer couldn’t use the building being built while a gemmer could have the level 1 inferno (for example). It would just be another road block for the F2P players.

Your second suggestion also comes with issues. If players just want to fix a hole in a base, swap a few buildings or move a wall pice etc they couldn’t do that either. There’s already quite a few complaints from bases going into FC cool down over the slightest change (although this has improved a little) it certainly was a large issue. It’s just not practical. Preparation day is made for preparing CCs and your base.

I really do not like that third suggestion at all. Quite frankly if you’re attacking down then it should be relatively easy to roll that base especially when there are 2 town hall or more levels difference. The lower town hall at that time shouldn’t stand a chance at a defense. Maybe with a good base he could give 1 town hall higher a bit of trouble but certainly not 2 or more. The win rewards for attacking the lower town hall is also lower while the attacker does cook more expensive troops.
    its also not a good player experience for a higher town hall who’s worked more on his base to have trouble with a lower town hall level. What’s the point of progression if you don’t have that advantage. Overall in a war not everyone will be able to bully someone lower then them. Some will have to fight the strong bases up top too.

The thing is at the time of war matching your whole clan is matched with another whole clan close to your war weight.
    On an individual level there could be differences. Mirror bases don’t have to be the same. That said if you experience severe mismatches a whole lot of the time then you need to analyze this and maybe go into war with a smaller spread of town halls. The more level difference you have the bigger the chance of odd matches.
    And lastly try and judge a war match objectively and look at the whole line up. I have experienced it in game a lot of times that a clan mate would cry a river about an unfair match when it was in fact quite fair. Just because they’re used to beating up much easier bases in multi player and couldn’t attack their own level base to save their soul.
    I will address different things that you said.

1- You said sometimes it works in my favor and sometimes it doesn't so it's fine. Is it really? I mean whenever it is in my favor then it's unfair to someone else and vice versa. Isn't the whole idea to create more of a fair play? So why should we think it's fine?
    Also you say that war is a team effort... And that is exactly what I believe, but someone gemming and using their books in the preparation day for an easier war doesn't exactly result in a TEAM EFFORT... It becomes more of an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE.

2- I accept your POV about unfinished buildings and how they may not help solve the solution. So we are on the same page on this one.

3- Actually I think you didn't read the thread thoroughly. They can still fix those holes and stuff and use the base in war... They just have to fix it before the matchmaking has begun!
    I did not say there should be a cool down period for changed bases to be selected in Clan Wars... I said the changes must be applied before the matchmaking so that you can't add new signature defenses and stuff during the preparation period and make the war obsolete!
    But let's be honest... Even I forget to change my base before wars! You said it! The point of preparation day is to prepare...
    But the editing limitation doesn't necessarily have to be strictly what I say as a user!!! You made a very good point about fixing holes and stuff... So maybe they can just forbid new buildings to be added to bases during the preparation day...
    I think it's worth it that the development team would take it into account and fix something in a way that it would help fair play and not result in disadvantages.

4- I agree with you upon the fact that they should be able to beat the lower town hall levels easier because at the end of the day it is the point of progression to be able to hit those lower level town halls easier. That's why I emphasized that I am not a big fan of my third suggestion as well.
    But at the end of day we need to take a good look at the other side of the coin as well!
    A rushed TH12 player with maxed Lightning Spell and Dragon can just easily beat a TH11 or TH10 without a second of hesitation! So it does kind of make wars obsolete for those lower TH levels as new town hall is introduced.
    I think that a staff member who is a little bit more familiar with the game mechanics can give a much more thorough opinion compared to me or you.

4- You talked about crying a river over a match which was quite fair...
    Bro, I mean... Seriously? Come on now! Give me at least some credit! You don't know who I am or what my skills are... Let's not be judgemental.

I'm looking forward to your opinion towards the third point I made.
    Last edited by frzmzr; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:13 PM.

Also you say that war is a team effort... And that is exactly what I believe, but someone gemming and using their books in the preparation day for an easier war doesn't exactly result in a TEAM EFFORT... It becomes more of an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE.
    I wonder how many humans are there except galadon and those youtubers who gems THs just for advantage from just 1 war
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by frzmzr View Post
    I will address different things that you said.

1- You said sometimes it works in my favor and sometimes it doesn't so it's fine. Is it really? I mean whenever it is in my favor then it's unfair to someone else and vice versa. Isn't the whole idea to create more of a fair play? So why should we think it's fine?

2- I accept your POV about unfinished buildings and how they may not help solve the solution. So we are on the same page on this one.

3- Actually I think you didn't read the thread thoroughly. They can still fix those holes and stuff and use the base in war... They just have to fix it before the matchmaking has begun!
    I did not say there should be a cool down period for changed bases to be selected in Clan Wars... I said the changes must be applied before the matchmaking so that you can't add new signature defenses and stuff during the preparation period and make the war obsolete!
    But let's be honest... Even I forget to change my base before wars! You said it! The point of preparation day is to prepare...
    But the editing limitation doesn't necessarily have to be strictly what I say as a user!!! You made a very good point about fixing holes and stuff... So maybe they can just forbid new buildings to be added to bases during the preparation day...
    I think it's worth it that the development team would take it into account and fix something in a way that it would help fair play and not result in disadvantages.

4- I agree with you upon the fact that they should be able to beat the lower town hall levels easier because at the end of the day it is the point of progression to be able to hit those lower level town halls easier. That's why I emphasized that I am not a big fan of my third suggestion as well.
    But at the end of day we need to take a good look at the other side of the coin as well!
    A rushed TH12 player with maxed Lightning Spell and Dragon can just easily beat a TH11 or TH10 without a second of hesitation! So it does kind of make wars obsolete for those lower TH levels as new town hall is introduced.
    I think that a staff member who is a little bit more familiar with the game mechanics can give a much more thorough opinion compared to me or you.

4- You talked about crying a river over a match which was quite fair...
    Bro, I mean... Seriously? Come on now! Give me at least some credit! You don't know who I am or what my skills are... Let's not be judgemental.

I'm looking forward to your opinion towards the third point I made.
    There really is no need to make any changes for either of these two (very different) cases IMO.

For the first case - where players change things during prep day, they can only do it ONCE for each defence. You can no longer cancel a defence once placed, so they can't do the trick people used to do any more of placing after the match was made, then cancelling as soon as battle day started. Being that infrequent, it just isn't worth the effort of coding around it. And your suggestions would completely ruin the game for players who war constantly, as they would hardly ever be able to upgrade things when they wanted.

For the second case - where you have Town Hals of different levels in war, it is all part of the strategy deciding how to deal with that (i.e do we get the Th10s to try for two stars from Th12s, while higher Town Halls can easily triple those opponents). Keeping it the way it is certainly doesn't mean the lower Town Halls are useless in war.

And on your final point, I suggest you read her post again. She wasn't referring to you - she referred to clan mates of hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Minley View Post
    I wonder how many humans are there except galadon and those youtubers who gems THs just for advantage from just 1 war
    Apparently, you just like to comment without reading the posts completely my friend.
    You don't necessarily have to finish building a defense to place it in war...
    So other players are affected. Take this scenario as an example:
    I am the top player of my clan. I have 5 hours left on upgrading my TH10 to TH11. I start the war search. The opponent clan will 95% sure have a town hall 10 in front of me in war. During the preparation day I arrive at TH10, I start building my eagle artillery and the eagle WILL APPEAR in the war for my opponent! How is that fair to a TH10 player?
    We all know it is not fair.

Personally, I have faced this issue during the past 2 wars in my clan!!! Why do you think I started this thread in the first place? Just to nag and nag to supercell?

Yet the in-game support told me that this complain is reasonable and you still come here and talk like you are 100% sure it's not. That is not a useful discussion.
    Please suggest other options to tackle the existing unfairness in Clan Wars instead of trying to belittle other opinions and suggestions. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    There really is no need to make any changes for either of these two (very different) cases IMO.

For the first case - where players change things during prep day, they can only do it ONCE for each defence. You can no longer cancel a defence once placed, so they can't do the trick people used to do any more of placing after the match was made, then cancelling as soon as battle day started. Being that infrequent, it just isn't worth the effort of coding around it. And your suggestions would completely ruin the game for players who war constantly, as they would hardly ever be able to upgrade things when they wanted.

For the second case - where you have Town Hals of different levels in war, it is all part of the strategy deciding how to deal with that (i.e do we get the Th10s to try for two stars from Th12s, while higher Town Halls can easily triple those opponents). Keeping it the way it is certainly doesn't mean the lower Town Halls are useless in war.

And on your final point, I suggest you read her post again. She wasn't referring to you - she referred to clan mates of hers.
    You are saying it from a point of view which comes from a powerful clan with TH13 and high level players. When you are in a clan which the highest TH level is TH9 and then the war brings up a solid TH10... You can understand how it is unfair since the inferno towers are exactly a signature defense of TH10 and make a massive difference in war weight!!!

For the first case: It will not ruin the game for players who constantly war! Are you even reading the post?? They can upgrade whenever they want! It's just that the new buildings that they build during this war's preparation day appear on the next war instead of ruining the fairness in the current war! They DON'T have to change their upgrading schedule or plans... It just affects other players when they signed up for it before matchmaking... Not when I'm a TH9 and I have to go against 2 inferno towers without me being a TH10!

For the second case: I already said it. In a clan which the highest TH level is TH9 you can't expect them to go against inferno towers that easily!! Stop seeing it from your point of view and try to understand the lower level players and weaker clans. Thanks for you opinion though.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by frzmzr View Post
    Apparently, you just like to comment without reading the posts completely my friend.
    A phrase involving post and kettles and a dark colour comes to mind here.

You don't necessarily have to finish building a defense to place it in war...
    So other players are affected. Take this scenario as an example:
    I am the top player of my clan. I have 5 hours left on upgrading my TH10 to TH11. I start the war search. The opponent clan will 95% sure have a town hall 10 in front of me in war. During the preparation day I arrive at TH10, I start building my eagle artillery and the eagle WILL APPEAR in the war for my opponent! How is that fair to a TH10 player?
    We all know it is not fair.
    And happens once per Town Hall upgrade for major defences.

Personally, I have faced this issue during the past 2 wars in my clan!!! Why do you think I started this thread in the first place? Just to nag and nag to supercell?
    It will be more common right now than normal, just because of the TH14 introduction, and at lower Town Halls,m the major cost reductions allowing people to more readily have the loot to do that.

But it really is not that common in normal times.

Yet the in-game support told me that this complain is reasonable
    They always do.

And tell people to post their idea here, no matter how poor, and even if it is already ruled out by Supercell (yours isn't, but it shows how meaningless that comment by support is).

and you still come here and talk like you are 100% sure it's not. That is not a useful discussion.
    Please suggest other options to tackle the existing unfairness in Clan Wars instead of trying to belittle other opinions and suggestions. Thanks.
    It really isn't a frequent enough occurrence to warrant significant development time.

A phrase involving post and kettles and a dark colour comes to mind here.
    What does that mean?

And happens once per Town Hall upgrade for major defences.
    If I upgrade it happens once. Right now I have a maxed TH9 except for King levels. And as it seems until I upgrade to TH10 I have to face similar issues while MODs here think that just because new buildings are built once per town hall, then it is not important.
    The issue EXISTS! I believe instead of acting like it doesn't matter just because it doesn't happen frequently to us, we should try to be a little bit more constructive and come up with ideas instead of destructive behavior on other people's ideas.

It will be more common right now than normal, just because of the TH14 introduction, and at lower Town Halls,m the major cost reductions allowing people to more readily have the loot to do that.

But it really is not that common in normal times.
    I have had this issue as a TH8 (with x-bows), TH9 (with inferno towers) and TH10 (with eagle artillery) at multiple times...
    So I think at least in my case it has been frequent enough to complain about.

They always do.

And tell people to post their idea here, no matter how poor, and even if it is already ruled out by Supercell (yours isn't, but it shows how meaningless that comment by support is).
    Are you saying that the SC support is kind of obsolete?
    Cause in the forums in 90% of the time, every member (including me/including the mods) is always trying to find fault in other suggestions instead of finding solutions. And you say the in-game support is also useless...
    So kudos to SC.

It really isn't a frequent enough occurrence to warrant significant development time.
    I let the dev team to be a judge of that since it isn't exactly that big of a change.
    I think you may have misunderstood the suggestions.