Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Too long to get out of Legends?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    This is exactly the reason I tend to stay around Titan 2 and when I “accidentally” get promoted to Titan 1 I’m starting to look for dropping opportunities but also wouldn’t have to pass up that loaded base if that happens to be the first base that shows.

Well... sometimes 30 seconds of not thinking can have consequences to last a life time so in that regard 2 days isn’t too bad.
    Surely for the foreseeable future you’ll watch it more closely.

All of that being said, I do understand the annoyance that comes with dropping out of legends and I also know SC is aware that players want that to be easier. The problem here is that it isn’t as straight forward to fix. The issue is that normally when one player loses a certain amount of trophies someone else gains them. Which means the total amount of trophies in the game remain unchanged. (Except in the really low leagues where they’re created). Letting players just “destroy” trophies and take them out of the game can have quite problematic results for the trophy economy. All in all there are some challenges that they’d need to figure out.

Plus they’d have to try and predict what would happen if an update drops in the middle of a month and people would drop out of legends in 1 click and suddenly overpopulating Titan 1 etc. there are some things to figure out here.
    Cannot argue with any of that. Meanwhile I need just one more person to attack me and at least get 1 star to push me below 4900 for tomorrow .........
    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Mark Twain

Trainee
    This is exactly the reason I tend to stay around Titan 2 and when I “accidentally” get promoted to Titan 1 I’m starting to look for dropping opportunities but also wouldn’t have to pass up that loaded base if that happens to be the first base that shows.

Well... sometimes 30 seconds of not thinking can have consequences to last a life time so in that regard 2 days isn’t too bad.
    Surely for the foreseeable future you’ll watch it more closely.

All of that being said, I do understand the annoyance that comes with dropping out of legends and I also know SC is aware that players want that to be easier. The problem here is that it isn’t as straight forward to fix. The issue is that normally when one player loses a certain amount of trophies someone else gains them. Which means the total amount of trophies in the game remain unchanged. (Except in the really low leagues where they’re created). Letting players just “destroy” trophies and take them out of the game can have quite problematic results for the trophy economy. All in all there are some challenges that they’d need to figure out.

Plus they’d have to try and predict what would happen if an update drops in the middle of a month and people would drop out of legends in 1 click and suddenly overpopulating Titan 1 etc. there are some things to figure out here.
    About the trophy economy in legends SC has created a situation where trophies are created in Legends League a few updates ago. The situation where someone zero stars a base the attacker gets up to 4 trophies for the attack but the defender loses zero trophies.

I'm not really arguing either way as i like legends most the time but it would be nice to get out when you want rather than wait days to just fall out hopefully.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmemmott View Post
    About the trophy economy in legends SC has created a situation where trophies are created in Legends League a few updates ago. The situation where someone zero stars a base the attacker gets up to 4 trophies for the attack but the defender loses zero trophies.

I'm not really arguing either way as i like legends most the time but it would be nice to get out when you want rather than wait days to just fall out hopefully.
    Ah yes they’re created there too, forgot about that for a bit but yea the difficulty of the quick drop remains the same.
    I sure understand though that’s it’s something many people want.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Trainee
    Ah yes they’re created there too, forgot about that for a bit but yea the difficulty of the quick drop remains the same.
    I sure understand though that’s it’s something many people want.
    Also we can consider the fact that trophies are destroyed in mass every season restart.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by FearThePatty View Post
    In farming too close to the top of Titan 1 I made the predictable mistake of not keeping an eye on my cups and crept just past 5k at 5003. Rather than just drop my shield and guard and wait for someone to push me back down, I signed up thinking that I could just farm the storages, not win any new cups and be in there for 24 hours tops. Not a wise choice.
    <Snippy>
    Whilst I would expect to be pushed below the required 4900 count today, do we need an easier way to leave Legends? <Snippy2>.
    This smells of "Operator Error"..

And this smells of confirmation of "Operator Error"...

Just some things I observed in the OP...

So knowing how Leggy badge works, and the toils to get out..yet, you admittedly still signed up? but then want a fast drop out.. ?

well at least today is your potential drop out day..

so to answer the Blue question, a simple NO. (plz n thx)

happy clashing..

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by AFRO View Post

So knowing how Leggy badge works, and the toils to get out..yet, you admittedly still signed up? but then want a fast drop out.. ?

happy clashing..
    We all have "operator error" sometimes.

I can see why this is desired.

But I don't think there will ever be an instant get out. It is possible that SC may introduce an easier way to drop out, but at best it is likely to be that you drop at the end of the current Legends "day".

I don't think the destruction of trophies is a big issue, but the fact that all the matches are made at the start of the day is what would cause issues for a more instant drop. Other players have already been assigned your base in their target list.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    We all have "operator error" sometimes.

I can see why this is desired.

But I don't think there will ever be an instant get out. It is possible that SC may introduce an easier way to drop out, but at best it is likely to be that you drop at the end of the current Legends "day".

I don't think the destruction of trophies is a big issue, but the fact that all the matches are made at the start of the day is what would cause issues for a more instant drop. Other players have already been assigned your base in their target list.

I just razzing dude.. it was a round about way to say.. there are checks in place to prevent this..

its Monday so I totally get it.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

The matches could still take place even if the other party dropped out of legends since they’re snapshots.
    We have asked about quick ways to get out of legends before and for one the trophy destruction was a major objection as the devs told us.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

happy clashing..

Well this post was unnecessary. I had already made clear how it came about and my responsibilities around that. Certainly didn’t need you to re-emphasise it.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Mark Twain

Forum Elder
    I just razzing dude.. it was a round about way to say.. there are checks in place to prevent this..

its Monday so I totally get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by FearThePatty View Post
    Well this post was unnecessary. I had already made clear how it came about and my responsibilities around that. Certainly didn’t need you to re-emphasise it.
    Must have missed this one... Chill out. I am a good natured poster.. you yourself admitted to making a critical error and then felt the need to come here and post about it.. but then dont need me to 're-epmhasise'

okay boss..