Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Too long to get out of Legends?

Too long to get out of Legends?

In farming too close to the top of Titan 1 I made the predictable mistake of not keeping an eye on my cups and crept just past 5k at 5003. Rather than just drop my shield and guard and wait for someone to push me back down, I signed up thinking that I could just farm the storages, not win any new cups and be in there for 24 hours tops. Not a wise choice.

Day 1 (partial) I got attacked 1 out of a potential 3 and lost 11 cups.

Day 2 in got hit 4 out of a potential 8 for -57 cups.

Day 3 (just started) have been attacked once for no loss of cups.

Whilst I would expect to be pushed below the required 4900 count today, do we need an easier way to leave Legends? Two and a half days feels like a long time to have to wait, especially given the need to farm for the new update. I know I could farm in Legends, but for me farming in Titan is at least 4x more profitable. Plus I can do so with heroes down.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Mark Twain

Yes at titan 1 I have seen many people just use heroes and end battle just to drop trophies.

Well it'd be nice if something like this gets added with proper implementation but just wondering, what's the need when it just asks whether one wishes to sign In or not for legends

Millennial Club
    I get the wait is annoying but no league you in has a auto drop mode... (granted you can spam as many hits as you like to drop in other leagues however)...
    I just don’t see legends needing it...
    If you signup you are in, it’s very easy to not hit the button, you can even do a revenge attack if you have one, and lose cups to be down instantly if you don’t sign up.
    With so much people want SC to add to the game genuinely needed, and beneficial to so many players, I’d rather not see time spent to fix something that you can avoid yourself and benefits a very small number.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L75 | BK: 75 | GW 50 | RC: 25 | Max Trophies: 5500+

Just give them an easy base to 3star

I accept my own error in signing up. My simple point though is that the only way out is to not play the game for 2 days. No other league has this dynamic due to the uniqueness of Legends. Should that 30 seconds of not thinking clearly take this long to rectify?
    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Mark Twain

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafaek View Post
    Just give them an easy base to 3star
    The base cool down time to set a new base does mean this can’t just be changed and set for the next day... it will always be the day after the next day you make it (unless you have one build already).

Clan:

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by FearThePatty View Post
    I accept my own error in signing up. My simple point though is that the only way out is to not play the game for 2 days. No other league has this dynamic due to the uniqueness of Legends. Should that 30 seconds of not thinking clearly take this long to rectify?
    To lose cups, you have to give them to someone... the cups you lose, the opponents get (I know you understand this, not suggesting you dont), but I think it is this this reason, they can’t be just deleted... even at end of season when they reset, they transfer to the legends tally.
    I just can’t see that cups you have taken from someone can be just deleted.
    Remember also, you can attack and earn zero cups and long as you get less then 10% and of course don’t take the TH, so with goblins, wallbreakers/jumps and rages, you can still do some attacking, pick of storages which are mostly unprotected in legends bases and get out getting a fair loot hall and getting zero cups.

Clan:

Millennial Club
    In farming too close to the top of Titan 1 I made the predictable mistake....
    Then don't stay in the range where you could make the predictable mistake? Especially where you said your objective is to farm more loot than in Legends. Drop to Titan 2 at least (should be no difference there), and you won't make the same mistake ever again.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    Then don't stay in the range where you could make the predictable mistake? Especially where you said your objective is to farm more loot than in Legends. Drop to Titan 2 at least (should be no difference there), and you won't make the same mistake ever again.
    This is exactly the reason I tend to stay around Titan 2 and when I “accidentally” get promoted to Titan 1 I’m starting to look for dropping opportunities but also wouldn’t have to pass up that loaded base if that happens to be the first base that shows.

Well... sometimes 30 seconds of not thinking can have consequences to last a life time so in that regard 2 days isn’t too bad.
    Surely for the foreseeable future you’ll watch it more closely.

All of that being said, I do understand the annoyance that comes with dropping out of legends and I also know SC is aware that players want that to be easier. The problem here is that it isn’t as straight forward to fix. The issue is that normally when one player loses a certain amount of trophies someone else gains them. Which means the total amount of trophies in the game remain unchanged. (Except in the really low leagues where they’re created). Letting players just “destroy” trophies and take them out of the game can have quite problematic results for the trophy economy. All in all there are some challenges that they’d need to figure out.

Plus they’d have to try and predict what would happen if an update drops in the middle of a month and people would drop out of legends in 1 click and suddenly overpopulating Titan 1 etc. there are some things to figure out here.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG