Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: pet potion to speed up progress

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Maybe in the future a few THs later when thereís 40 levels of each pet or so is a nice time for a new potion..

Hey I said Iíd say something crazy and it wouldnít surprise me if they come up with something much sooner.
    Level 40 Pets confirmed.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Unobservr View Post
    Level 40 Pets confirmed.
    Given that there are likely more pets than heroes, I would probably put more money on more variety of pets rather than higher pet levels. Otherwise the skills each pet brings might end up being really OP if there really were 40 levels to do
    Gonna leave this here so I don't have to search every time someone says "help I can't get in touch with support"

Clash of Clans customer support: https://help.supercellsupport.com/cl...tact-form.html

A lot of TH13s sat on a maxed TH with nothing to do quite some time. So itís a positive we have a lot of stuff to do. Those maxed TH13s have a stack of magic stuff and already made a nice start into TH14. It wouldnít take long and soon they will have no use for these hero books and hammers. So pets is a nice place to still use them. It keeps us busy for a while.
    I would guess most people will use books and hammers on heroes though, which are longer and more problematic when down (my clan allows war with 1 pet down, but not heroes). Using BoH on 4 or 5 day upgrades doesn't seem great value.

And since you can only upgrade one at a time (unlike heroes), the current pets have an upgrade time of about 210 days - assuming you restart perfectly the moment one finishes. So there's likely to be 2 more game updates released within the non-magical upgrade time for this one.

I reckon plenty of people, even who started from max TH13, will still be upgrading the currently released levels well into 2022. Which all feels quite slow to me

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupholder View Post
    Given that there are likely more pets than heroes, I would probably put more money on more variety of pets rather than higher pet levels. Otherwise the skills each pet brings might end up being really OP if there really were 40 levels to do
    It doesnít really matter if there are really high level pets or a whole lot of pets with lower maxed levels.
    either way it would be a lot of upgrading...

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    I would guess most people will use books and hammers on heroes though, which are longer and more problematic when down (my clan allows war with 1 pet down, but not heroes). Using BoH on 4 or 5 day upgrades doesn't seem great value.

And since you can only upgrade one at a time (unlike heroes), the current pets have an upgrade time of about 210 days - assuming you restart perfectly the moment one finishes. So there's likely to be 2 more game updates released within the non-magical upgrade time for this one.

I reckon plenty of people, even who started from max TH13, will still be upgrading the currently released levels well into 2022. Which all feels quite slow to me
    Of course people will prioritize heroes with books and hammers. I am actually counting on that.
    But you said it yourself Pets is only 1 at a time and takes 210 days if you keep them upgrading constantly.

So lets look at a scenario then. Letís assume we start with a maxed and loaded (with loot and magic items) TH13 like there were many when the update dropped.
    Theres ďonlyĒ 20 hero levels. A few levels will be knocked out on update day. Some have a book and hammer and buy a second hammer thatís 3 instant levels. (17 left). Now letís look at the course of 1 month after the update.
    There is a free book of heroes in the seasonal pass. You could buy 4 more hammers. Thatís 5 more levels (only 12 left).
    Over the course of that month depending on the cycle you could get 2-3 more hero books from the trader. Many people do.
    (Only 9 or 10 hero levels left) after just 1 month. Thatís only 30 days into the 210..
    Then there might be a book of heroes in clan games. Some people even put a few heroes down at a time and burn through builder potions.

Anywho making a long story short, many people will burn through those hero upgrade in 2-3 months = 60-90 days. So thatís 120-150 days of pets upgrading left provided you kept them upgrading all the time as well because thatís a massive amount of DE.

So when you arrive at this point.. wouldnít you use a book on a pet upgrade which by now lasts around a week ?
    I fully expect some players will use hero books on pets once their hero work is done.

Ive gone through many updates where just 5 levels of each were added and sure it was only 3 heroes a long time but I always very quickly ran out of use for hero books.
    And frankly if this keeps me busy until well into 2022 I wouldnít mind that either. There are still a lot of troops and defense upgrades to go if this TH would follow the ďnormalĒ path of all the previous THs. But I think we will see people having finished their pets well before the end of the year without having to massively gem. Gold pass and some trader books will probably be enough already.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Not needed +1

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    They could just make the research potion work on both the lab and pet shop.
    Agreed.
    Would be better to have research potion work on pet house as well.
    Right 210 days of pet is a bit too much and this will help.

Great minds think alike,but fools seldom differ.

Youtube : Rak Gaming CoC
    Twitter : @Rak_coc
    Discord: Rak#2304

It doesnít really matter if there are really high level pets or a whole lot of pets with lower maxed levels.
    either way it would be a lot of upgrading...

Of course people will prioritize heroes with books and hammers. I am actually counting on that.
    But you said it yourself Pets is only 1 at a time and takes 210 days if you keep them upgrading constantly.

So lets look at a scenario then. Letís assume we start with a maxed and loaded (with loot and magic items) TH13 like there were many when the update dropped.
    Theres ďonlyĒ 20 hero levels. A few levels will be knocked out on update day. Some have a book and hammer and buy a second hammer thatís 3 instant levels. (17 left). Now letís look at the course of 1 month after the update.
    There is a free book of heroes in the seasonal pass. You could buy 4 more hammers. Thatís 5 more levels (only 12 left).
    Over the course of that month depending on the cycle you could get 2-3 more hero books from the trader. Many people do.
    (Only 9 or 10 hero levels left) after just 1 month. Thatís only 30 days into the 210..
    Then there might be a book of heroes in clan games. Some people even put a few heroes down at a time and burn through builder potions.

Anywho making a long story short, many people will burn through those hero upgrade in 2-3 months = 60-90 days. So thatís 120-150 days of pets upgrading left provided you kept them upgrading all the time as well because thatís a massive amount of DE.
    You are missing the part that pets can't be used when they are under upgrade just like heroes. Many war focused clan won't allow their members to war when they have pets on upgrade. So members will be forced to either gem the pets or stay out of wars for a long period of time.

Ive gone through many updates where just 5 levels of each were added and sure it was only 3 heroes a long time but I always very quickly ran out of use for hero books.
    Tbh, I would rather enjoy being in wars than having a use for BoH for a long period of time. I am quite happy with collecting 50 gems from BoH once there's no use for them.

Great minds think alike,but fools seldom differ.

Youtube : Rak Gaming CoC
    Twitter : @Rak_coc
    Discord: Rak#2304

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post
    You are missing the part that pets can't be used when they are under upgrade just like heroes. Many war focused clan won't allow their members to war when they have pets on upgrade. So members will be forced to either gem the pets or stay out of wars for a long period of time.

Tbh, I would rather enjoy being in wars than having a use for BoH for a long period of time. I am quite happy with collecting 50 gems from BoH once there's no use for them.
    I look at it this way: Two weeks ago, I had no pets, now I have four level 1 pets. I plan on putting a single pet down u til it reaches level 5 then move on to the others then repeat the. Process for the remaining 5 levels.

Each pet takes approx 52 days so lets assume 28 days for the first five levels. From day 1-28 I have three level one pets. Days 29-57 I have two level 1 pets and one level 5 pet. Day 58-86 I have 1 level one pet and 2 level 5 pets. Day 87-115 I have three level 5 pets. Essentially I have 4 months of pets to use that i did not have 2 weeks ago and will never have NO pets at all. Yeah it takes 210 dayswithout books but quite honestly that only brings us to Xmas this year.

Some clans may well decide that without 4 pets = no war. Bet those same clans will happily bring a max 13 to war though.......
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesnít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post

No I havenít forgotten that at all.
    That said you can only upgrade 1 pet at a time and letís face it the first few levels they wonít be of that much use yet. Itís in the late levels they will get more importance and significance. I am certain thereís will also be a large number of clans that will allow wars with 1 pet down.
    If you have such a war focussed clan then a potion wonít help much either and youíre still in the same predicament and your need for book would even be higher so you donít have down time on them.

I rather enjoy having stuff to do. I was bored and wasnít playing much lately and so was my clan because of lack of things to do.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

New Bloke/Chick
    Do you realize build times are short, but still total over 7 months of upgrade time? A potion would be perfect because a book should always be used on a longer upgrade like heros. Having a new potion or existing potion is a perfect way to reward people for being able to farm the loot, but just need to speed it up.