Thread: During an attack selected spell unexpectedly changes on its own

During an attack selected spell unexpectedly changes on its own

I've noticed a small but not insignificant problem during attacks. Okay, I come in with 8 earthquake spells and 3 freeze spells. I analyze the base quickly and identify where I want to use the earthquake spells. I touch the earthquake spell to SELECT it then go to the first area I want to destroy and tap 4 times to destroy the walls completely. *Immediately* I tap the 2nd area to destroy 4 times but the game does NOT use my remaining 4 earthquake spells but has for some inexplicable reason selected my freeze spells so I end up wasting my three freeze spells (all I had) on an area before dropping any troops. Argh!! This has happened to me twice. The first time I blamed myself for perhaps accidentally selecting the freeze spell at the bottom but after the 2nd time, knowing that I did not touch anything else, I know this is a bug. Suggestion: if the spell that was used was not depleted then leave it selected (*preferred*), OR deselect all spells. What it's doing now is auto-selecting another (random) spell, which makes no sense to do.

Has this happened to anyone else here before?

Last edited by Cowslips; April 18th, 2021 at 08:35 AM.

Tollboothwillie
    Quote Originally Posted by natster2k View Post
    I've noticed a small but not insignificant problem during attacks. Okay, I come in with 8 earthquake spells and 3 freeze spells. I analyze the base quickly and identify where I want to use the earthquake spells. I touch the earthquake spell to SELECT it then go to the first area I want to destroy and tap 4 times to destroy the walls completely. *Immediately* I tap the 2nd area to destroy 4 times but the game does NOT use my remaining 4 earthquake spells but has for some inexplicable reason selected my freeze spells so I end up wasting my three freeze spells (all I had) on an area before dropping any troops. Argh!! This has happened to me twice. The first time I blamed myself for perhaps accidentally selecting the freeze spell at the bottom but after the 2nd time, knowing that I did not touch anything else, I know this is a bug. Suggestion: if the spell that was used was not depleted then leave it selected (*preferred*), OR deselect all spells. What it's doing now is auto-selecting another (random) spell, which makes no sense to do.

Has this happened to anyone else here before?

Sounds like an issue with your device sensitivity not the game. Try clearing your games cache that could help.

The only time I see it switch is when you expend all your brewed spells of one type, but you have another spell of that type donated to you. In that case, I only see it switch to the same spell type as the one expended.