Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: For you section brought back.

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    941

    For you section brought back.

    Self explanatory with a few improvements: strategies you need to look out for and tips to defending those key strategies at each town hall level
    Last edited by Def4ultpl4y3r; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    3,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Self explanatory with a few improvements: strategies you need to look out for and tips to defending those key strategies at each town hall level
    Not a bad idea Default.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesn’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Not a bad idea Default.
    Ty. I just question why supercell ever removed it in the first place. It's a questionable decision by supercell. It's not the most important but I really liked it. You definitely remember and I don't know when it was removed
    Last edited by Def4ultpl4y3r; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:38 PM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Ty. I just question why supercell ever removed it in the first place. It's a questionable decision by supercell. It's not the most important but I really liked it. You definitely remember and I don't know when it was removed
    I think it got removed because it was quite a bit of work to keep it up to date with relevant videos. It was replaced with the community tab where they could highlight videos across various content creators.

    I dont mind the idea personally but I see the issue behind it. If they can't find a way to effectively keep the tab up to date, then it shouldn't exist. If they have an effective way, it wouldn't hurt to have it back.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    I think it got removed because it was quite a bit of work to keep it up to date with relevant videos. It was replaced with the community tab where they could highlight videos across various content creators.

    I dont mind the idea personally but I see the issue behind it. If they can't find a way to effectively keep the tab up to date, then it shouldn't exist. If they have an effective way, it wouldn't hurt to have it back.
    Hmm. Yes, you are right. That is the issue when judo sloth is posting videos with better tips than the for you section guide. They probably won't bring it back. But I kind of miss it since it describes the basic ideas to newcomers quite well and just reading it gives me a bit of entertainment. The community tab is not for all levels though right? I may be wrong. But that's kind of why I miss it.

  6. #6
    Not interested in watching others play so it's not my jam. But if it's helpful to some and they can keep it helpful instead of random selection that brings click bait videos, then there's nothing bad in bringing it back. I still miss that it was only in For You tab that the old GW design was visible in the game.

  7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Ty. I just question why supercell ever removed it in the first place. It's a questionable decision by supercell. It's not the most important but I really liked it. You definitely remember and I don't know when it was removed
    It got removed because for most of us it was a waste of space.

    If it is to be brought back, it needs a lot of work to make it actually relevant first.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    Not interested in watching others play so it's not my jam. But if it's helpful to some and they can keep it helpful instead of random selection that brings click bait videos, then there's nothing bad in bringing it back. I still miss that it was only in For You tab that the old GW design was visible in the game.
    Yes. I like the for you section more than the community tab because it has "up your game" strategies which the YouTube videos do not have. Another thing is that you can be town hall 10 and read the th3 section for entertainment (in my case, I read the th8 section for entertainment) because material written by the actual game developers is very reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It got removed because for most of us it was a waste of space.

    If it is to be brought back, it needs a lot of work to make it actually relevant first.
    That's a shame though. It really enhanced the game for me.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Yes. I like the for you section more than the community tab because it has "up your game" strategies which the YouTube videos do not have. Another thing is that you can be town hall 10 and read the th3 section for entertainment (in my case, I read the th8 section for entertainment) because material written by the actual game developers is very reliable.

    That's a shame though. It really enhanced the game for me.
    As far as I remember, it didn't show stuff for any other TH level but only your current one.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    As far as I remember, it didn't show stuff for any other TH level but only your current one.
    Actually. I think you are mistaken. Because if you are th10 you can go back to the town hall 3 section and it would show you everything. I think what you mean to say is that it doesn't tell you everything for town hall levels above your current one. It only tells you everything about your current one or the ones below
    Last edited by Def4ultpl4y3r; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:10 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •