Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recruitment tool??

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Settings - at least 2/3 of the results in my last search with names in non-English letters I would agree that it's just a drop down. Of course, it has supposedly been using the language in chat to learn what we want. Its a very slow learner.
    Same here, and what is worse is that this is a "self-licking ice-cream cone". As these non-English speakers join our clan and post in gibberish, that then is in our chat log and I suspect contributes to getting more players from the same countries.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Agreed. I think the tool is terrible, but I didn't expect the ideas from the thread to just suddenly appear. ... I never thought they'd suddenly totally revamp the tool, which is what it needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by eitiel View Post
    At last, TODAY, i.e. 1 week since the update, the game asked me if I want to keep receiving invites from clans looking for players. I think every thread about the recruiting tool "not working" should take this timing into account.
    I am very concerned that this will be a major problem. I suspect that the players who opened up to recommendations were inundated with invites and either found a clan, were garbage players that no-one wanted, or became annoyed with the hassle and will opt out this week. It seems like the already poor pool of available players will likely continue to dwindle. I do not believe there is any function going forward that prompts players if they would like to turn the recommendations back on if they are now off. Perhaps this should be an automatic prompt when a player leaves a current clan without an invite to a new one. Or when a clan goes below a certain number of members, all of the remaining members would receive a prompt periodically.

Quote Originally Posted by eitiel View Post
    At last, TODAY, i.e. 1 week since the update, the game asked me if I want to keep receiving invites from clans looking for players.

I think every thread about the recruiting tool "not working" should take this timing into account.
    I got that too on one of my villages where I had the invite option turned on. I then took to the recruitment tool, and while I did still see names in other alphabets/languages, the majority of the potential recruits were without a clan. If that means most people in a clan select “no” when prompted, at least we’re making progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince1999 View Post
    Same here, and what is worse is that this is a "self-licking ice-cream cone". As these non-English speakers join our clan and post in gibberish, that then is in our chat log and I suspect contributes to getting more players from the same countries.

I am very concerned that this will be a major problem. I suspect that the players who opened up to recommendations were inundated with invites and either found a clan, were garbage players that no-one wanted, or became annoyed with the hassle and will opt out this week. It seems like the already poor pool of available players will likely continue to dwindle. I do not believe there is any function going forward that prompts players if they would like to turn the recommendations back on if they are now off. Perhaps this should be an automatic prompt when a player leaves a current clan without an invite to a new one. Or when a clan goes below a certain number of members, all of the remaining members would receive a prompt periodically.
    Hate to tell you but the pool of what many of us consider to be good players was already quite shallow. I want th12 up non rushed English speaking adults who want to war, do clan games and are happy to chat but don't need / want nonstop chat. I doubt that is a large pool of players not already in a clan.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Hate to tell you but the pool of what many of us consider to be good players was already quite shallow. I want th12 up non rushed English speaking adults who want to war, do clan games and are happy to chat but don't need / want nonstop chat. I doubt that is a large pool of players not already in a clan.
    As the game matures we'll all have to step back and start looking at lower bases to groom and help upgrade to build the ranks. I cant imagine there will be enough of a population of higher bases to fill the need of clans looking. Most of the TH12+ bases we've come across come with baggage and is the reason theyre clanless.

Quote Originally Posted by FMdC92 View Post
    Don't try to understand the forums. It's a magical land of disagreement and ego self-inflation. Keep your head down and try to survive..

Quote Originally Posted by Mudbugs View Post
    As the game matures we'll all have to step back and start looking at lower bases to groom and help upgrade to build the ranks. I cant imagine there will be enough of a population of higher bases to fill the need of clans looking. Most of the TH12+ bases we've come across come with baggage and is the reason theyre clanless.
    Easier said than done. Players want to war and be in cwl. What do I do with a 10 or lower in regular spins? Just guarantee a mismatch when the rest are 10 14s, 3 13s, 4 12s, 3 11s for example. Our last war. Really weird match. May have to drop the 11s. Then there is cwl. Masters 3 30v30. Every now and then a 10 appears. This month I was rotating 12s at the bottom. Its one thing for my mini to sit on the sideline for a good while to catch up. If it were my main, I'd be finding a new clan.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Mudbugs View Post
    we'll all have to step back and start looking at lower bases to groom and help upgrade to build the ranks.
    Easier said than done. Players want to war and be in cwl. What do I do with a 10 or lower in regular spins? ...Then there is cwl. Masters 3 30v30. Every now and then a 10 appears. This month I was rotating 12s at the bottom. Its one thing for my mini to sit on the sideline for a good while to catch up. If it were my main, I'd be finding a new clan.
    The recent changes are not at all an improvement as far as I can tell. I know there are lots of players sitting in clans that they are not really happy with, but they are not enjoying the game enough to spend time looking for a new clan or even turning on a widget that causes them to be badgered by a bunch of low level, rushed, immature clans.

What we asked for in the weeks of discussion about how to improve the recruiting tool was a way to focus our results on the type of players that are actually appropriate for our clan. CWL Masters League clans need TH13+ on their CWL rosters. We can take on the occasional TH12 and help them build, but there is no point at all in bringing in anything below that. Now, a lot of the players that we previously had access to in the recruiting tool are gone. The ones that are left are absolute garbage. The recruiting tool has gone from difficult and a lot of work for little reward, to totally useless and pointless to even bother with the results it now gives.

Th12 (max other then a few walls) turned on ‘suggest me’ 2 days ago. Zero invites. The quality players are out there but they have no way due to shear volume to connect with the quality leaders. Picture this. I’m a th12, I click ‘lookin for a clan’ I am directed to a que where recruiters are waiting who have clicked ‘lookin for a TH12’. I get a full inbox in under a minute.

How is it that the recruitment tool is now worse than it was before? Nothing was improved in my opinion and the quality of players that we see actually went down.

1. I still see half or more non-English speakers, even though we have now selected English as our clan language.

2. If I do find a player that we would be willing to take a chance on, their inbox is full. Why am I seeing people that I can not invite?

3. I am still getting names on the list that when clicked on, there is no such player found (I believe this means that the profile is banned). Why would such names show up in the list?

4. The vast majority of names I see are currently in Arab or Asian clans. This means their preferred playing time is 10-14 hours different than our current members. There is no one on to fill their requests and no requests for them to fill. They could not be on at the beginning of our wars to discuss the war plan and they would never be more than a tertiary part of the clan chat.

5. When I select three tags to search for, most of the players on the list have no more than one of the tags. However, if I then do the same search from a different player in the clan, I do get some different players with more than one of the desired tag. Why did these results not show up in the previous search if they are better matches than those that were displayed? They were obviously in the "pool" that was set for our clan that day.