Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New war feature

"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper" T S Eliot
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserRadiation View Post
    Wait you're right, it is, so what about two hours? It will be short enough and will be a second chance for the clan to win.
    As for myself, I have no opinion. Draws are fine by me, I accept them as they are. If wars are extended, so be it, that would also be fine by me.

Many years on these forums, read many suggestions. Have seen many, many request to shorten the war period, far fewer request to resolve draws. So just noting it may face opposition from those whom do not want wars extended by any means. Cheers!
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kylorayker View Post
    Plus, what happens if both the champions three star each other? Do you want a further tie breaker? How far do we keep pushing the tie breaker concept until you just accept that you tied?
    Nope, in this case the one who did it in the least time, also, if they did it at the same time it will be draw.
    About the other thing you wrote, you're right.
    The clan votes to the player that should fight.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    As for myself, I have no opinion. Draws are fine by me, I accept them as they are. If wars are extended, so be it, that would also be fine by me.

Many years on these forums, read many suggestions. Have seen many, many request to shorten the war period, far fewer request to resolve draws. So just noting it may face opposition from those whom do want wars extended by any means. Cheers!
    I don't have any problem with draws, but my idea gives one more chance for the clanmates to get loot, clan xp and another win in the clan war log.

Nope, in this case the one who did it in the least time, also, if they did it at the same time it will be draw.
    I haven't been on the forums as long as some folk, but I've been around long enough to learn that this will only last until someone draws with this method. People will always want to escalate it further and further. Maybe not you, but I feel safe in guaranteeing that someone will be on here complaining about needing another tie breaker as soon as this happens.

As far as tie breaker ideas go, this is probably the best one I've seen, IMO. But I still don't really think it's necessary. If your clans are that evenly matched, I don't see anything wrong with a draw. There doesn't always have to be a winner and a loser.
    Check out My Village

Quote Originally Posted by kylorayker View Post
    I haven't been on the forums as long as some folk, but I've been around long enough to learn that this will only last until someone draws with this method. People will always want to escalate it further and further. Maybe not you, but I feel safe in guaranteeing that someone will be on here complaining about needing another tie breaker as soon as this happens.

As far as tie breaker ideas go, this is probably the best one I've seen, IMO. But I still don't really think it's necessary. If your clans are that evenly matched, I don't see anything wrong with a draw. There doesn't always have to be a winner and a loser.
    Ok. I understand what you mean.
    I just think that it'll be nice to get more loot and clan XP in those cases.
    Maybe it's good to see sometimes two clans equal in their force.

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Ok. I understand what you mean.
    I just think that it'll be nice to get more loot and clan XP in those cases.
    Maybe it's good to see sometimes two clans equal in their force.
    Dividing that 50 xp between both the clans can be a good idea.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    Sometimes a draw is just that.. a draw.

Any extension even if its 30 minutes would be annoying. The reason prep day once was shortened to 23 hours (instead of 24) was to allow for search time so clans who war back to back can keep starting war around the same time for a longer time instead of having war starts pushed back ever war.

Plus with this in place now every clan also must take into account that their best and most reliable attacked is free and ready to attack when the war finishes just in case of a draw. That inconvenience is just not worth it especially when draws are pretty rare.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

How about a coin flip tiebreaker? Have a check box before spinning for war that asks if you want to do a coin flip tiebreaker. If both clans pre-selected yes, it’s done in the event of a draw. If either clan selected no, it ends in a draw. The selection cannot be changed until after the current war, and each clan can see the other’s choice in the war screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Sometimes a draw is just that.. a draw.

Any extension even if its 30 minutes would be annoying. The reason prep day once was shortened to 23 hours (instead of 24) was to allow for search time so clans who war back to back can keep starting war around the same time for a longer time instead of having war starts pushed back ever war.

Plus with this in place now every clan also must take into account that their best and most reliable attacked is free and ready to attack when the war finishes just in case of a draw. That inconvenience is just not worth it especially when draws are pretty rare.
    They DON'T must to do it, they choose if they want so they have a 50/50 chance to win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    How about a coin flip tiebreaker? Have a check box before spinning for war that asks if you want to do a coin flip tiebreaker. If both clans pre-selected yes, itís done in the event of a draw. If either clan selected no, it ends in a draw. The selection cannot be changed until after the current war, and each clan can see the otherís choice in the war screen.
    Nice thought, I like it.
    Edit: what if one clan wants and one doesn't?
    Last edited by LaserRadiation; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:29 PM.