Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clan war ranks/positioning

Clan war ranks/positioning

Hi, I haven’t been joining the clan wars for the last 6 months so I’m not sure if there is anything changed.
    I’m the no3 in clan war but I have way higher level defenses and offenses maxed compared to the no1 and 2 guy above me.... im a TH14 and have completed my infernos, eagle, snd and a bunch of other stuffs too...maxed out all my troops, even maxed out my AQ/BK/RC..and I have 60 walls maxed....compared to those guys above me in war, they are far below my defenses with no level 15 walls yet, not maxed troops and heroes etc....did I miss something over the last 6 months or is there something not right with the ranking system? Thanks
    Last edited by Panchang; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:04 AM.

Pro Member
    Don't know why is it so.
    But u have made a nice progress.👍

Pro Member
    As far as I know nothing has changed. Bases are ranked in order of base weight until they are matched then the order is based on digital preference that there is no control over.
    Check the individual weight of each base for reference, they should have a higher number than you.

https://www.clashtrack.com/en/war-weight
    Check out Fiddle Farm #PRP902RR - Jennyís always welcome

It's just a game

are your TH all 5 stars?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul4281 View Post
    As far as I know nothing has changed. Bases are ranked in order of base weight until they are matched then the order is based on digital preference that there is no control over.
    Check the individual weight of each base for reference, they should have a higher number than you.

https://www.clashtrack.com/en/war-weight
    War map doesnt use war weight.. It uses defensive weight, and can be measured by available gold on the war map or friendly challenge.. Usually referred to as gold weight (for obvious reasons)

Easy to check.. Count number of gold storage (4 on a th13, think there is an extra one on a 14) plus the hall = 5 on a th13.
    Then simply multiply this by the amount available in gold storage (26k on a max 13) = 130k gold weight for a max 13 base.

As JusMe says, the hall defense tends to weigh rather heavy.. And this one is likely to be no different since it is a beast.
    If your guns, bombs and traps are more advanced, then it has to be something new..
    Hall defense or builder huts are the places to look

Last edited by joshsgrandad; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul4281 View Post
    After the match they are ranked on the map in order of defensive weight. If two bases have the exact same defensive weight, such as both fully maxed, then the order is based on the digital preference you reference related to server storage.

OP: the players above you have heavier defensive weight than you. If they look weaker, check their home base. Maybe they forgot to add some of their new defenses to their war base design. If so, thatís not good since the weight counts in the match either way. If not, then it just means they have more defensive weight than you.

Also, youíre talking about the actual map after the match, right? Not the order shown while searching for a match?
    Last edited by 2222; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:19 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Thanks all for replying.
    Let me put it this way, the no1 and no2 above me have practically nothing higher level than me, they are free to plays and most of their defenses/offenses are still upgrading while Iíve bought all the packs since th14, plus Iíve saved up 1800+ points from cwl for dark hammers and wall rings...both their TH 14 are lvl 1 while mine is already at lvl 2...if thereís nothing changed to war ranks then I believe this could be a glitch or something...

To add in, all 3 of us were maxed th13 for a while before the th14 release...and both of them still do not have a single lvl15 walls todate, their infernos eagle scattershot are still per th13 maxed lvls..while mine were maxed for th14 already..

I wish someone from supercell could look into this, Iíd be happy to provide info..
    Last edited by Panchang; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panchang View Post
    Thanks all for replying.
    Let me put it this way, the no1 and no2 above me has practically nothing higher level than me, they are free to plays and most of their defenses/offenses are still upgrading while I’ve bought all the packs since th14, plus I’ve saved up 1800+ points from cal for dark hammers and wall rings...both their TH are lvl 1 while mine is already at lvl 2...if there’s nothing changed to war ranks then I believe this could be a glitch or something...

To add in, all 3 of us were maxed th13 for a while before the th14 release...and both of them still do not have a single lvl15 walls todate, their infernos eagle scattershot are still per th13 maxed lvls..while mine were maxed already..

I wish someone from supercell could look into this, I’d be happy to provide info..
    What is your clan tag and what are the names of the three accounts?

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Panchang View Post
    Thanks all for replying.
    Let me put it this way, the no1 and no2 above me have practically nothing higher level than me, they are free to plays and most of their defenses/offenses are still upgrading while I’ve bought all the packs since th14, plus I’ve saved up 1800+ points from cwl for dark hammers and wall rings...both their TH 14 are lvl 1 while mine is already at lvl 2...if there’s nothing changed to war ranks then I believe this could be a glitch or something...

To add in, all 3 of us were maxed th13 for a while before the th14 release...and both of them still do not have a single lvl15 walls todate, their infernos eagle scattershot are still per th13 maxed lvls..while mine were maxed for th14 already..

I wish someone from supercell could look into this, I’d be happy to provide info..
    Strange.. Were any upgrades completed prior to the spin?
    You should be above them if you were heavier at the time the search started, because this is when the MMA takes a snapshot of the bases..
    Anything added or completed once the search begins doesnt alter the map position, and anything upgrading doesnt add to the weight unless its a new drop (level 1, even if the defense hasnt completed)

This type of glitch is unusual.. In fact I never heard about it before..
    As 2222 says, tags will be required, and details of anything defensively, or heroes, that were upgrading at the time of the spin start.

I would very much doubt if SC would get involved tho..
    Map position is only a visual aid to assist the opponent in choosing a target..
    Your map positions should have no bearing whatsoever in how your clan plans their attacks..
    There is no official standard for regular/classic war.. No leaderboard, no nothing.. Regular spin is purely for a clans own pleasure, to do as they please, war how they like, and use whomever and however they want in any break down of their choice..

Why, therefore, would SC want to get involved in something that dont really make any difference to anyone except the individuals involved within a clan?.. Dont even matter to anyone in the clan unless they are involved with the wars..
    Unless they were to take a look out of pure interest of course.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Strange.. Were any upgrades completed prior to the spin?
    You should be above them if you were heavier at the time the search started, because this is when the MMA takes a snapshot of the bases..
    Anything added or completed once the search begins doesnt alter the map position, and anything upgrading doesnt add to the weight unless its a new drop (level 1, even if the defense hasnt completed)

This type of glitch is unusual.. In fact I never heard about it before..
    As 2222 says, tags will be required, and details of anything defensively, or heroes, that were upgrading at the time of the spin start.

I would very much doubt if SC would get involved tho..
    Map position is only a visual aid to assist the opponent in choosing a target..
    Your map positions should have no bearing whatsoever in how your clan plans their attacks..
    There is no official standard for regular/classic war.. No leaderboard, no nothing.. Regular spin is purely for a clans own pleasure, to do as they please, war how they like, and use whomever and however they want in any break down of their choice..

Why, therefore, would SC want to get involved in something that dont really make any difference to anyone except the individuals involved within a clan?.. Dont even matter to anyone in the clan unless they are involved with the wars..
    Unless they were to take a look out of pure interest of course.
    hey, thanks for replying.
    after several weeks and clan wars, I've failed to understand how this works... take today as an example (CWL)..

I'm being positioned as no.2 over the last few clan wars and today's CWL, and i'm very sure my defenses are way way ahead of the no1...i have 80/77/54/30 almost maxed heroes while his is about 75/80/25/50... i have all my walls and defenses maxed besides the cannons and some traps, but my builder huts are all only at level 1, and my TH is 5 stars too..... while he only maxed his infernos/scatter and eagle, bomb tower/teslas were all not maxed per TH14, his TH14 is only 3 stars with only a few level 15 walls..

the only thing i could think of is the builder hut, mine's at level 1 while he has level 2/3 huts... i even have all my troops and spells maxed and he has 5-6 unmaxed troops... this is so so strange.. i've also read about gold in storages.... my storage is always almost empty while his is half/full maxed, not sure if thats the case.... but yea i'm suspecting the builder hut and gold storages...

sorry i couldn't share player tags, for privacy purposes...
    Last edited by Panchang; 4 Days Ago at 02:56 PM.