Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warden following single troop

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by TheClanimals View Post
    I warden walk every raid, I’ve had a few what the heck moments where the warden followed a baby drag. And these were definitely moments where that had never happened prior to update. I just bein super careful with that for now.
    My warden walk will follow a baby dragon. I find this to be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeStormz123 View Post
    How many loons did you drop? From what I know, warden follows the troops that are 20 housing space or higher.
    I bring a total of 2 coco loons for the warden walk and if I drop one he starts to follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Can you not deploy in a different order? Balloons first to check for traps, then when it is destroyed start the warden walk.

(Edit: asking from a strategic standpoint not that you donít know you can do that first)
    I could definitely try dropping loons first but Iím always worried about time when it comes to the attack because how slow the warden is. But itís worth a try!

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    According to the wiki, he follows the troop or group of troops with the highest HPs. He also attacks whatever they target. For me, the actions you describe seem consistent with his design unless that changed recently?
    From my experience in the wiki of clash yes the warden is suppose to follow troops thatís why warden walk is so helpful because you can drag him back to the kill squad. But there are things that keep the warden from following one or two troops especially when there is over 90% of your army to deploy.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    My warden walk will follow a baby dragon. I find this to be a good thing.
    In some cases of attacks yeah following certain troops could be a good thing but getting drawn into the base because of a single loon is a different story. Itís literally the first troop deployed besides the warden and he starts to follow it. Thatís not right.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:12 PM.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by TMurphy128 View Post
    In some cases of attacks yeah following certain troops could be a good thing but getting drawn into the base because of a single loon is a different story. It’s literally the first troop deployed besides the warden and he starts to follow it. That’s not right.
    It is right. The problem is that the balloon targets defence buildings, and these are few in the outer rim, and so the balloon goes inside. This is why I don't place a balloon in front of a warden walk, I place a baby dragon. Also, the baby dragon is far more effective at killing skeletons from traps than the warden himself, and the balloon ignores them.

Never had this issue before, the Warden never changes target unless i deploy a troop inside the heal aura, or deploy 30+ housing space near the aura. Maybe the pets somehow changes the way this works?

The warden should not be deviating course for one loon or one baby dragon, not if you want to base things on how they were prior to the update.

My personal rule of thumb was always 15 campspace just to be safe. There has always been a little bit of random in there, sometimes I feel like multiple troops around or under that number could pull him too. Like a coco loon and baby drag nearby. But definitely not one baby drag or one loon.

Whether the rules have changed or itís buggy, I think itís always best to work sparingly around the Warden til youíre ready to pull him. I like sneaky goblins and well timed wizards to help steer him to where I need him to go.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by TheClanimals View Post
    The warden should not be deviating course for one loon or one baby dragon, not if you want to base things on how they were prior to the update.

My personal rule of thumb was always 15 campspace just to be safe. There has always been a little bit of random in there, sometimes I feel like multiple troops around or under that number could pull him too. Like a coco loon and baby drag nearby. But definitely not one baby drag or one loon.

Whether the rules have changed or it’s buggy, I think it’s always best to work sparingly around the Warden til you’re ready to pull him. I like sneaky goblins and well timed wizards to help steer him to where I need him to go.
    We are talking about Warden healer walk. The warden and some healers. The warden does not appear to be attracted at all to the healers, which is good.

Add to this, preceding or after, one balloon or one baby dragon. The warden will stop choosing his own target, and follow the targeting of the balloon or baby dragon.

Warden walk is better than queenwalk when you want to take out an air defense too far behind walls.
    Last edited by George1971; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    We are talking about Warden healer walk. The warden and some healers. The warden does not appear to be attracted at all to the healers, which is good.

Add to this, preceding or after, one balloon or one baby dragon. The warden will stop choosing his own target, and follow the targeting of the balloon or baby dragon.

Warden walk is better than queenwalk when you want to take out an air defense too far behind walls.
    Yeah sorry if I wasnít clear, I was definitely referring to a Warden walk, I use 5 healers to be specific.

And I too prefer the Warden walk...way less stressful than the heat the Queen endures. And, you can squeeze in some TV time during the first minute of your raid. 😃
    Last edited by TheClanimals; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:33 AM.