Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding friends via SC ID

And it's tellin' me that things are not the same

Adding friends via SC ID

Dairy News is out today, and Spring update is imminent. SC ID will have a new feature that let player add friends via SC ID, which should have some advantages that I won't deny.

However, I can't help but have a lot of concerns about how this affect one player's privacy and friend list management.

How can Friends via SC ID can interact with you (visit your farm...) ? Which information I am sharing by having them as friend and vice versa (online status, recently active status, name, mail, facebook info....) ? And why do I want them as friend via SC ID (what happens to Friend Book)?

I would like to hear or read your guesses and your opinions on this matter. We'll have more information once update rolled, may this thread be the place to share/confirm/refute our doubts.

This better be optional, disabled by default and not involve sharing of email addresses or names or sending of friends requests to emails.

The news had me go looking for a way to unlink/delete the scid in my games as I don’t want friends requests at all, and I’ll happily lose my mini games to avoid them. That can’t be done, if we got scid we’re stuck with it. As such, using the scid as a way to make any kind of requests need to be optional.

You can declined friend request but not sure if you could never receive them. No email or name known to us (which name are we talking about? Farm name?) shoud be shared.

When this feature came to Braw Stars, I heard one can send mass request to their friends via one tap, if their (in-game?) friends have SC ID connected, a friend request is generated and sent to the other person.

Remembering 8 years of being part of this wonderful forum
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    Dairy News is out today, and Spring update is imminent. SC ID will have a new feature that let player add friends via SC ID, which should have some advantages that I won't deny.

However, I can't help but have a lot of concerns about how this affect one player's privacy and friend list management.

How can Friends via SC ID can interact with you (visit your farm...) ? Which information I am sharing by having them as friend and vice versa (online status, recently active status, name, mail, facebook info....) ? And why do I want them as friend via SC ID (what happens to Friend Book)?

I would like to hear or read your guesses and your opinions on this matter. We'll have more information once update rolled, may this thread be the place to share/confirm/refute our doubts.
    I also have concerns about this feature Meo and am not interested in friends where I have to give personal information. I don’t have Facebook or any social media for this reason. We will have to see how it works I think.

Farm Level 200. Town 61.😊
    Please PM for farm ID and KIK for after forum closes.

This is my take on the friends thru SCID, so far, as I haven’t explored everything yet.

We have had this option in CoC’s since, well, awhile ago. It seems to me, at the time, of just having another way to add people to your “Social” tab, which is similar to the Friend book in HD.

You CAN turn off the “show when online”. So you can play and not feel like someone is ‘watching’ you.

You CAN turn off “Allow invites”.

Personally, it seems as though you are sharing less personal info that if you are friends with someone thru FB or GC.

So far the only thing that sort of confused me, is when I want to change farms on the same device. My CoC accounts show up bold, and my HD accounts that are tied to the same email address, are in tiny gray lettering below the my Clash in-game name.
    Level 182
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    now says 149/150 but I know it’s 150/150
    🐝 kind. Always.

I noticed that my existing friends (through SC ID) or from Game Centre are requesting to add through this module as well. Some I might have in all three categories! What’s the value in that?
    Level 176
    iOS

Quote Originally Posted by elenelle View Post
    I noticed that my existing friends (through SC ID) or from Game Centre are requesting to add through this module as well. Some I might have in all three categories! What’s the value in that?
    ATM, there may be no benefit. However, I suspect (just my opinion) that once all of the SC games have this feature that the ability to add thru FB &/or GC may go away. I’m not sure what SC may do with the friends book within the game.
    Level 182
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    now says 149/150 but I know it’s 150/150
    🐝 kind. Always.

New Bloke/Chick
    Today April 19 when opening CoC I noticed 3 friend requests in my Supercell ID button but they are people from my friend list in Hay Day. When I go to Hay Day I see the same request tied to my CoC base name, not to my HD farm name. So I don’t understand how this works or what the benefit is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ownedbydogs View Post
    Today April 19 when opening CoC I noticed 3 friend requests in my Supercell ID button but they are people from my friend list in Hay Day. When I go to Hay Day I see the same request tied to my CoC base name, not to my HD farm name. So I don’t understand how this works or what the benefit is.
    SC ID scope of friends is not specific to a game. Anyone with SC ID account can send you a friend request if they have the profile link (or can find you in game like those just did).

Quote Originally Posted by elenelle View Post
    You must mean your existing friends in Friend Book (via player tag or by visiting their farm).

The sole benefit I can see so far is that I can track one to another game they play . That, or still find them when I need to remove Game Center account from the device.

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    This is my take on the friends thru SCID, so far, as I haven’t explored everything yet.

We have had this option in CoC’s since, well, awhile ago. It seems to me, at the time, of just having another way to add people to your “Social” tab, which is similar to the Friend book in HD.

You CAN turn off the “show when online”. So you can play and not feel like someone is ‘watching’ you.

You CAN turn off “Allow invites”.

Personally, it seems as though you are sharing less personal info that if you are friends with someone thru FB or GC.

So far the only thing that sort of confused me, is when I want to change farms on the same device. My CoC accounts show up bold, and my HD accounts that are tied to the same email address, are in tiny gray lettering below the my Clash in-game name.
    Thanks momscar for your feedback. Thats is nice we can block receivign request nor hide online status, but not which game we ever connect to the same SC ID.

I'm not sure about sharing less info. I learned quite a few things watching friend list of my friends (nosy Tabby!)
    Last edited by meonhoc; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:09 AM.
    Welcome to Community Forum - How to - Search & Save Threads /PM / VM

My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V rules - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | D points - Bunny D - Mystery D - Bingo D

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 155♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH13 ::

I find the change confusing on so many levels

this shows my big farm buying from my little farm with my Clash of Clans nickname, aka, Supercell ID account nickname set up in Clash.

Farm 144
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 60 GW 40
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...