Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding friends via SC ID

Staying dedicated to this forum til the end...
    When I accepted scid friend requests in hayday, I wasn't thinking they would also become friends in other games (so note, whichever games you have connected to that scid, you are accepting them there as well. Boom Beach doesn't have a friends option, Clash does and I don't know about CR or Brawl Stars). Also, you can only have one account for each game connected to the same id, so if you accept a friend on one of your farms, they will not automatically become friends on one of your other farms.
    Last edited by Tahoe; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:27 AM.

Thank You TerMinus for the awesome sig!

Screenshot/save what you value on the forum!

first of all, i have previously set up SC ID on all my farms, for ease of access to my farms. And have set up the NEW format for a few of them already.
    But I'm having a hard time seeing the need for it, and how it will benefit in the long run.
    I was hoping I could get all my FB and GC 'friends' connected through it, and then ditch both FB and GC. but that seems to dependent on THEM setting up their own SCID, and only a fraction have done so.
    And there seems to be no way to add new friends. this only seems to work with FB, GC, or in game friends.
    So, really, what's the point of this?
    Main Farm: Snowmageddon 2021
    Level 154 Tag #: L2VYU28
    second farm: Old Movies Rock!
    Level 114 Tag #YUUP889

I dont think it works well

Apparently adding (converting?) ID friends only works if they have a supercell ID setup.

I don't see why we couldn't just have two yes/no boxes on our profiles
    * show my online status to friends
    and
    * Show my online status to neighbours

The present business is overcomplicated to configure (all but the savvy will fail to do it), and may not have been coded correctly.

And it's tellin' me that things are not the same
    Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    I find the change confusing on so many levels

this shows my big farm buying from my little farm with my Clash of Clans nickname, aka, Supercell ID account nickname set up in Clash.
    That must be your Supercell nickname (which can be different from each game name). I can feel the confusing, with all the names(GC, FB, farm name and now SC ID) nickname. Does that also mean o more fun chat via farn name, as we don't see it right at RSS anymore (for thos ewe have as SC ID friends) ?

Quote Originally Posted by adagioinb View Post
    first of all, i have previously set up SC ID on all my farms, for ease of access to my farms. And have set up the NEW format for a few of them already.
    But I'm having a hard time seeing the need for it, and how it will benefit in the long run.
    I was hoping I could get all my FB and GC 'friends' connected through it, and then ditch both FB and GC. but that seems to dependent on THEM setting up their own SCID, and only a fraction have done so.
    And there seems to be no way to add new friends. this only seems to work with FB, GC, or in game friends.
    So, really, what's the point of this?
    This update to SC ID system is just a beginning and for different purpose than what Hay Day Friend Book does. Its primary reason is to safeguard your game when you change device.

The benefit that I can see is for keeping contact with friends when playing another game of SC, and if they let you to, see if they are online. Maybe, in a future update, we can do more.

If you want to ditch your GC and FB connection, simply convert those to Friend Book friends when possible (add via player tag or by visiting their farm). If interested, start a new thread and I'll be happy to explain the steps.

Quote Originally Posted by PedrosPlotThickens View Post
    I dont think it works well

Apparently adding (converting?) ID friends only works if they have a supercell ID setup.

I don't see why we couldn't just have two yes/no boxes on our profiles
    * show my online status to friends
    and
    * Show my online status to neighbours

The present business is overcomplicated to configure (all but the savvy will fail to do it), and may not have been coded correctly.
    SC ID is optional, so yes, both side need to have SC ID account.
    Could you elaborate the over complicated to configure part? Are you expecting to see something and not see it?
    Welcome to Community Forum - How to - Search & Save Threads /PM / VM

My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V rules - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | D points - Bunny D - Mystery D - Bingo D

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 155♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH13 ::

Over complicated in that there is an extra button to get into configure the friends by SC ID.

To invite friends they must have an SC ID (you dont know it they've set one up)... to many setting up the SC ID is complicated and they see no point ... they just play the one game and even using email is a bit alien if they are not of the generation that has worked in an office or used a cellphone for more than making calls.

Then to to exchange profile stuff, QR code assumes you have a a method of contact with the people outside of the game (physical contact, Facebook, email ... info the game oh so often tells us not to share)

And it's tellin' me that things are not the same
    Quote Originally Posted by PedrosPlotThickens View Post
    Over complicated in that there is an extra button to get into configure the friends by SC ID.

To invite friends they must have an SC ID (you dont know it they've set one up)... to many setting up the SC ID is complicated and they see no point ... they just play the one game and even using email is a bit alien if they are not of the generation that has worked in an office or used a cellphone for more than making calls.

Then to to exchange profile stuff, QR code assumes you have a a method of contact with the people outside of the game (physical contact, Facebook, email ... info the game oh so often tells us not to share)
    I see.

Friend Book is still the best system to add random players in game.

As for sharing profile link, our forum still has those threads “ADD ME” to share facebook profile link or player tag. It could be the same with SC ID friends by having its own thread for people to share their profile link. Another player who also have SC ID account can click on it, then sent you friend request (if player allow friend request).

I’m surprised we haven’t got any post with “here’s my profile link, add me” yet. Anyone wanna be the first to do so (given you don’t care about sharing some info with strangers) ?
    Welcome to Community Forum - How to - Search & Save Threads /PM / VM

My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V rules - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | D points - Bunny D - Mystery D - Bingo D

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 155♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH13 ::

Well, I'm glad someone asked because I was feeling pretty dumb about this. I don't get the point at all. People that I have played with for a few years asked to be added and I did so because I felt badly about saying no. The people on my original list are 99% for buying and helping. I don't want anyone to know I am on line so at least I got that straight by turning it off. I'm not sure if I am mad about this or just a little bit concerned about info that is going to handed out.
    Halloweeners
    ID #P8POURGU

For some reason one of my baby farms refuses to be friends with any of my other farms. Despite numerous requests going both ways.😆 You’d think we’d be able to talk through any issues we have, but apparently not. 😂

Meo, when you say you can see your friends’ list of friends what do you mean? I hope you’re not talking about in Hay Day. I accepted requests from two “unknown” players because I didn’t see the harm in it. I don’t know them at all though they’ve been game friends for a while. As far as I know they aren’t on the forum. We just play regularly.

However if my list of friends can be seen, I can see “harm”. 🤔

EDIT: Oooooohhhh...I just saw what you meant. I had not seen that! Oh dear. Oh dear.
    Last edited by BostonGirl; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:44 AM.

Don't see the point, and not adding anyone untill I do.
    FL 185 - TL 57
    Kik: nunovskiy (with an i unlike my nick at this forum)
    Trade only through In-Game Friends tag: #G2Y89JGC
    Higher level buys first always works.
    **** Hoods Tag #22JRGG8C now recruting *****

Remembering 8 years of being part of this wonderful forum
    I have added some friends whom I know are regular farmers. I am not using the QR code, profile will not be sgfed and I have turned off the online/offline status. I am intending to go through my friends list and deletes some who have not played for a significant length of time or who shop but do not water.

Farm Level 200. Town 61.😊
    Please PM for farm ID and KIK for after forum closes.