Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Inviting

  1. #1

    Inviting

    Is there a chance that "players" have a preferred language option?.
    On inviting new members, I'm finding that 90% are leaving almost immediately after accepting invite. We are an international Clan with members from all over the Globe, our chat language however is "English". Trying to judge from a players title is not enough, many choose names from movies etc.. but can't speak any English.
    I'm sure many Clans are experiencing this problem & thanks for any feedback.

  2. #2
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    "This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper" T S Eliot
    Posts
    12,149
    In the recent update, they added a clan language setting. Have you set it to English yet? If not, do so. What that means is that they the player can see your clan's chat language used before they join.

    Since it is a new feature, will take time for both sides to learn, for clans to set it, and for players to look for it before accepting an invite. Give it time. Also, do not assume all whom leave immediately are due to a language barrier, some players do window shop, hop in and out just out of curiosity. You cannot know why they abruptly leave, can be for any reason.
    Last edited by rowman; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:12 PM.

  3. #3
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    In the recent update, the added a clan language setting. Have you set it to English yet? If not, do so. Wh at that means is that they the player can see your clan's chat language used before they join.

    Since it is a new feature, will take time for both sides to learn, for clans to set it, and for players to look for it before accepting an invite. Give it time.
    I must have missed that somehow. I was not under the impression that the language filter was only useful for those looking for a clan and completely useless for those looking for new members. Learn something new every day.

    So folks asking for a language filter need to be more specific from now on and specifically point out that the gap is when clans look for members and not the other way around. Since SC didnít address this portion of the ask, time will not fix it.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:15 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesnít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I must have missed that somehow. I was not under the impression that the language filter was only useful for those looking for a clan and completely useless for those looking for new members. Learn something new every day.

    So folks asking for a language filter need to be more specific from now on and specifically point out that the gap is when clans look for members and not the other way around. Since SC didn’t address this portion of the ask, time will not fix it.
    Whether the new language setting impacts clans searching for players has been asked in other threads but not yet answered by Darian.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Whether the new language setting impacts clans searching for players has been asked in other threads but not yet answered by Darian.
    Maybe they're trying to find out to

  6. #6
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Whether the new language setting impacts clans searching for players has been asked in other threads but not yet answered by Darian.

    As I said, I must have missed that somehow. Oddly enough, as i recall the lion’s share of requests were from clans looking for members so I am somewhat surprised they fixed something that didn’t appear to be a problem. people looking for a clan already had a couple ways to figure that out before the fix.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesnít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  7. #7
    The main issue here is the language selection is still very limited as we expected based on anything Darian has mentioned previously. Many languages got left out and will likely not be added for a long while if ever.

    Rowman I think has the best use for the option. Look before joining which sadly doesn't help people searching. Hopefully clans don't just select a language if it doesn't match and put their actual language in the description. This is the best solution we have for now.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    As I said, I must have missed that somehow. Oddly enough, as i recall the lion’s share of requests were from clans looking for members so I am somewhat surprised they fixed something that didn’t appear to be a problem. people looking for a clan already had a couple ways to figure that out before the fix.
    Maybe it works like the clan hall settings and it does impact your search for players, but SC hasn’t said yes or no to that. Wish they would. If it does work that way, the next question would be what does the matchmaker use to determine the language of the player? Game setting? Languages spoken by the player in chat?

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    The main issue here is the language selection is still very limited as we expected based on anything Darian has mentioned previously. Many languages got left out and will likely not be added for a long while if ever.

    Rowman I think has the best use for the option. Look before joining which sadly doesn't help people searching. Hopefully clans don't just select a language if it doesn't match and put their actual language in the description. This is the best solution we have for now.
    I would say if it doesn’t impact searching for players in any way, that’s the main issue.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  10. #10
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    The main issue here is the language selection is still very limited as we expected based on anything Darian has mentioned previously. Many languages got left out and will likely not be added for a long while if ever.

    Rowman I think has the best use for the option. Look before joining which sadly doesn't help people searching. Hopefully clans don't just select a language if it doesn't match and put their actual language in the description. This is the best solution we have for now.
    SC has put only languages you can use in-game. This means even if I am an Indian player and English is not my main language, I will select English as my clan language because I am using English in-game too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •