Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Agreement and improvement

Banned

Agreement and improvement

We all agree that the builder base was not as fun as it was hyped up to be, nor as fun as the home village. However, this is not because the builder base was terrible but because of the fact that you can only get loot 3 times a day and also back then you had to wait 5 minutes for troops to train.

Now it is better but I've got an improvement that will make people actually LIKE it instead of playing to get the 6th builder hut. When you do an attack and finish, you have to wait for your opponent to finish attacking. How about you get to start another battle while you opponent is attacking or even another one whilst both opponents are waiting to finish attacking your base? This will solve the problem of being forced to wait or watch your opponent as hit one bat smacks the clocktower for over a minute. There will also be a page which shows "ongoing battles". This way you can trophy push quicker than ever and even do speed runs to the top. I don't see a reason why my opponent has to finish his attack before I can do another one because I've already finished my attack.

Also, there are many things that can be done to nerf the defence in builder base. For example a level one crusher can instantly kill max level raged barbarians which is very very unfair. A solution would be to make the crusher do a third of the damage of the barbarians health (for each respective crusher compared to barbarian level max at those bh levels) but make the crusher have double health than usual and make the crusher attack twice as fast without pushing the barbarians. This is one of multiple examples.

Also, the mines make me angry since they keep pushing and shoving the barbarians which is annoying and unfair. A solution to this would be to have the mines keep their damage but lose the knockback effect. Another thing we could do is for the troops not to wander around the guard post since they are annoying. I think they could hide inside the guard post, and as soon as it is destroyed, then the troops come out one at a time just like the home village clan castle. This will encourage good placement of the guard post instead of random placement and ruining people's attacks just by complete fortune.

These are defensive examples.

Let's take a look at actually obtaining loot. When you get to a certain trophy range, you should get loot bouses just like you do on home village to make people actually progress faster since getting that 6th builder hut is a chore. Starting at 1500 trophies you should get 10 000 of each loot and every 100 trophies from here on out, the loot bonus increases by 2500 of each loot.

Finally, I would like to be able to transport the gem mine from the builder base village to the home village so I have more trash in my base. This way, I can actually find a way to make my opponents fail because of the extra mine which is reasonable since it doesn't do much in the builder base village and gems are the same for both villages so it shouldn't be a problem.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayankkumar View Post
    Man I seriously suggest you a thing. Get the meaning of the word 'unfair'.
    Wow, you read quickly. Or you skim-read. Both are impressive.
    BTW, I know the meaning of unfair. I think you need to look up the meaning of unfair. And while you're at it. Look up the meaning of sense.
    Last edited by Def4ultpl4y3r; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:07 PM.

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    We all agree that the builder base was not as fun as it was hyped up to be, nor as fun as the home village. However, this is not because the builder base was terrible but because of the fact that you can only get loot 3 times a day and also back then you had to wait 5 minutes for troops to train.

Now it is better but I've got an improvement that will make people actually LIKE it instead of playing to get the 6th builder hut. When you do an attack and finish, you have to wait for your opponent to finish attacking. How about you get to start another battle while you opponent is attacking or even another one whilst both opponents are waiting to finish attacking your base? This will solve the problem of being forced to wait or watch your opponent as hit one bat smacks the clocktower for over a minute. There will also be a page which shows "ongoing battles". This way you can trophy push quicker than ever and even do speed runs to the top. I don't see a reason why my opponent has to finish his attack before I can do another one because I've already finished my attack.

Also, there are many things that can be done to nerf the defence in builder base. For example a level one crusher can instantly kill max level raged barbarians which is very very unfair. A solution would be to make the crusher do a third of the damage of the barbarians health (for each respective crusher compared to barbarian level max at those bh levels) but make the crusher have double health than usual and make the crusher attack twice as fast without pushing the barbarians. This is one of multiple examples.

Also, the mines make me angry since they keep pushing and shoving the barbarians which is annoying and unfair. A solution to this would be to have the mines keep their damage but lose the knockback effect. Another thing we could do is for the troops not to wander around the guard post since they are annoying. I think they could hide inside the guard post, and as soon as it is destroyed, then the troops come out one at a time just like the home village clan castle. This will encourage good placement of the guard post instead of random placement and ruining people's attacks just by complete fortune.

These are defensive examples.

Let's take a look at actually obtaining loot. When you get to a certain trophy range, you should get loot bouses just like you do on home village to make people actually progress faster since getting that 6th builder hut is a chore. Starting at 1500 trophies you should get 10 000 of each loot and every 100 trophies from here on out, the loot bonus increases by 2500 of each loot.

Finally, I would like to be able to transport the gem mine from the builder base village to the home village so I have more trash in my base. This way, I can actually find a way to make my opponents fail because of the extra mine which is reasonable since it doesn't do much in the builder base village and gems are the same for both villages so it shouldn't be a problem.
    Deleted my earlier post as I forgot to mention other things and not allowed to double post.
    And yes, get the meaning of the word unfair too.

For your first suggestion, I think this can be okay but I seriously don't know about its consequences.

You are suggesting to nerf the defence in bb? While you like defences. Interesting.
    Crushers are meant to kill your weak troops like barbs, archers (if under range), bombers, etc. If you increase their hp, it will seriously affect giants.

Bombs in the main village have the same mechanic of pushback.

Home village clan castle works after it is ruined? I think guard post is fine for now. Consider them as heroes instead of cc troops.

And for your last suggestion.
    Who will rebuild it? Who will upgrade it? Master builder or regular builders? And adding an extra building will not serve anything in the main village.
    Last edited by Mayankkumar; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:16 PM.

Banned
    Deleted my earlier post as I forgot to mention other things and not allowed to double post.
    And yes, get the meaning of the word unfair too.

For your first suggestion, I think this can be okay but I seriously don't know about its consequences.

You are suggesting to nerf the defence in bb? While you like defences. Interesting. Crushers are meant to kill your weak troops like barbs, archers (if under range), bombers, etc. If you increase your hp, it will seriously affecf giants.

Bombs in the main village have the same mechanic of pushback.
    Home village clan castle works after it is ruined? I think guard post is fine for now. Consider them as heroes instead of cc troops.

And for your last suggestion.
    Who will rebuild it? Who will upgrade it? Master builder or regular builders? And adding an extra building will not serve anything in the main village.
    For the first suggestion, it is not ruled out.
    Crushers are OP. They need a slight nerf but not a drastic nerf.
    Yes but the mines have more of a push back than the main village and are insanely annoying and it's unfair too.
    Yes but the guard post troops make me annoyed and if they hide inside a building and pop out, that could be a cool way to make it so they are not aggressive.
    No one will rebuild the gem mine. You just get to transfer it for 1 000 000 elixir since any piece of trash in the main village can be annoying. I think I told you I know the meaning of unfair.

This thread started reading as "my barbs aren't working and I refuse to use anything else." None of the defense changes are needed. You just need to find a different strategy.

As for waiting on your opponent to finish, I dont think you need to rush attacking that much. If you consider how it used to be between matches. We already got a major improvement. This is a game of patience so we can do some waiting.

If anything needs changing with loot, I dont think its adding a bonus. Shortening the loot cool down to say 12 hrs and reducing the amount earned by 40%, and being able to store 3 extra loot would make a nice difference to speed and involvement.

I think the gem mine fits better in builder base. Every resource collector can be stolen from in main base. If it moves can I steal gems sitting in the mine? Builder Base doesn't do any stealing so a gem mine there makes significantly more sense from an expectation point of view. What we expect vs what happens also effects the enjoyment of the game. If you destroy a main village gem mine and don't steal gems, youll feel cheated since it goes against the expectation. This can lead to people expecting the game to be unfair and quit or complain because its not matching the expectation.

Pro Member
    For the first suggestion, it is not ruled out.
    Crushers are OP. They need a slight nerf but not a drastic nerf.
    Yes but the mines have more of a push back than the main village and are insanely annoying and it's unfair too.
    Yes but the guard post troops make me annoyed and if they hide inside a building and pop out, that could be a cool way to make it so they are not aggressive.
    No one will rebuild the gem mine. You just get to transfer it for 1 000 000 elixir since any piece of trash in the main village can be annoying. I think I told you I know the meaning of unfair.
    I didn't say your first suggestion is ruled out. Did I?

I think SC is not fair with you, and mines are only affecting you and not your opponents.
    Also I think only opponent's crusher can one shot your barbs, not your crusher.
    Last edited by Mayankkumar; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:27 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    This thread started reading as "my barbs aren't working and I refuse to use anything else." None of the defense changes are needed. You just need to find a different strategy.

As for waiting on your opponent to finish, I dont think you need to rush attacking that much. If you consider how it used to be between matches. We already got a major improvement. This is a game of patience so we can do some waiting.

If anything needs changing with loot, I dont think its adding a bonus. Shortening the loot cool down to say 12 hrs and reducing the amount earned by 40%, and being able to store 3 extra loot would make a nice difference to speed and involvement.

I think the gem mine fits better in builder base. Every resource collector can be stolen from in main base. If it moves can I steal gems sitting in the mine? Builder Base doesn't do any stealing so a gem mine there makes significantly more sense from an expectation point of view. What we expect vs what happens also effects the enjoyment of the game. If you destroy a main village gem mine and don't steal gems, youll feel cheated since it goes against the expectation. This can lead to people expecting the game to be unfair and quit or complain because its not matching the expectation.
    No. I didn't say my barbs don't work. I'm saying the defences are too OP and they need a nerf.
    I want to rush. I think there is not a problem if people want to rush all their attacks.
    I don't think the loot cooldown should be reduced to 12 hours. I think just adding a loot bonus would improve the game.
    Also, the gem mine in the home village is also exclusive to clan wars only to avoid people being angry that no gems are coming out of it. This way, there is more trash in the base so people are more likely to run out of time whilst not affecting home village farming.

Banned
    I didn't say your first suggestion is ruled out. Did I?

I think SC is not fair with you, and mines are only affecting you and not your opponents.
    Also I think only opponent's crusher can one shot your barbs, not your crusher.
    I said it is not ruled out because I'm trying to say that's there's a possibility and there's no reason to discard it.
    Mines are annoying. Why is removing the knockback effect a problem? It makes people less upset.

Pro Member
    No. I didn't say my barbs don't work. I'm saying the defences are too OP and they need a nerf.
    I want to rush. I think there is not a problem if people want to rush all their attacks.
    I don't think the loot cooldown should be reduced to 12 hours. I think just adding a loot bonus would improve the game.
    Also, the gem mine in the home village is also exclusive to clan wars only to avoid people being angry that no gems are coming out of it. This way, there is more trash in the base so people are more likely to run out of time whilst not affecting home village farming.
    A building specific to wars? Never heard about them. Unique idea indeed.

My thoughts on a few things you suggested:

Attacking again while the current opponent is attacking can affect matchmaking, since the game will not have your updated trophy info when finding your next opponent.

In instances where the Crusher isn’t buried in the core, you can time your deployment to lure the attack then follow up with more. If this is too difficult, consider a camp of archers to take out the crusher from afar before sending barbs in. Also, try something other than barbs when the crusher is imbedded or otherwise not advantageous to use barbs. You can change your army on the fly during scouting. Use it.

Bombs in the main village also do knockback. If it’s annoying, it’s strategically annoying because it leaves the troops knocked back vulnerable to more hits from defenses. The direction of bomb/mine knockback can change troop pathing but doesn’t necessarily benefit the defender.

Is loot hard to get? Not to me. I’ve never attacked for my three wins per cycle consistently, and I have OTTO on two villages. I likely won’t pursue OTTO further on my other side villages because I don’t need to and rarely touch BB outside of clan games on those.

If you want to bring over a trash building from the builder base, the master builder hut is the building that fits the bill. Supercell doesn’t even allow transfer of stashable decorations between villages, so moving an actual structure is highly unlikely.
    Last edited by toofinedog; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:42 PM.