Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 79 of 79

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Agreement and improvement

  1. #71
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    3,095
    When I see a new suggestion, here is my thought process:

    Is this a real problem or not?
    Is this a real suggestion?
    How will thIs idea impact all players of the game regardless of skill/TH level/ clan size?
    Are there ways this idea can be abused?
    Does the solution actually address the root cause of the problem?
    How could this idea be tweaked to make it better?
    Does this impact anyone negatively?
    Does it only benefit one player or playstyle?

    Nowhere in this list does it say:

    Default suggested it, it must be horrid.


    When I respond it is based purely on the answers to those questions.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:19 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesn’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    That's a shame though. My points are reasonable but people choose to bash.
    You think they are reasonable. Nobody else does.

    There isn't one of your suggestions that has got anywhere near majority support. And that is because most people don't think what you are suggesting is reasonable.

  3. #73
    Forum Veteran SumoSloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    When I see a new suggestion, here is my thought process:

    Is this a real problem or not?
    Is this a real suggestion?
    How will thIs idea impact all players of the game regardless of skill/TH level/ clan size?
    Are there ways this idea can be abused?
    Does the solution actually address the root cause of the problem?
    How could this idea be tweaked to make it better?
    Does this impact anyone negatively?
    Does it only benefit one player or playstyle?

    Nowhere in this list does it say:

    Default suggested it, it must be horrid.


    When I respond it is based purely on the answers to those questions.
    I echo this ^^^
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

  4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    This thread is unique so I'm not hammering from any angle. I'm sure I hadn't repeated it. I know the mechanics of the game and know the foundations of the ideas I'm debating on. it's just that if one person disagrees, doesn't mean it is a terrible idea. But for some reason, my ideas always end up in an argument and the threads keep going downhill by page 5.
    Knowing the mechanics of the game and understanding the mechanics of the game are not the same thing.

    I'm sure you have the former. Your posts tend to indicate you don't have the latter.

    Your ideas end up in argument because you keep trying to counter the disagreements, usually by getting even more unreasonable or contradictory in what you say, and never actually countering them in a way which will persuade people to agree.

  5. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    That's a shame though. My points are reasonable but people choose to bash.
    Please drop the "everyone is stupid except me" rhetoric, it's very obvious at this point and it does nothing but waste everyone's time, if you really hate opposition that much and don't care to put more work into your suggestions then don't make suggestions.

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Knowing the mechanics of the game and understanding the mechanics of the game are not the same thing.

    I'm sure you have the former. Your posts tend to indicate you don't have the latter.

    Your ideas end up in argument because you keep trying to counter the disagreements, usually by getting even more unreasonable or contradictory in what you say, and never actually countering them in a way which will persuade people to agree.
    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauritanian1960 View Post
    Please drop the "everyone is stupid except me" rhetoric, it's very obvious at this point and it does nothing but waste everyone's time, if you really hate opposition that much and don't care to put more work into your suggestions then don't make suggestions.
    Never suggested. You're just making an assumption. I didn't say anything else about anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    I echo this ^^^
    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    You think they are reasonable. Nobody else does.

    There isn't one of your suggestions that has got anywhere near majority support. And that is because most people don't think what you are suggesting is reasonable.
    I just don't think people like this particular idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    When I see a new suggestion, here is my thought process:

    Is this a real problem or not?
    Is this a real suggestion?
    How will thIs idea impact all players of the game regardless of skill/TH level/ clan size?
    Are there ways this idea can be abused?
    Does the solution actually address the root cause of the problem?
    How could this idea be tweaked to make it better?
    Does this impact anyone negatively?
    Does it only benefit one player or playstyle?

    Nowhere in this list does it say:

    Default suggested it, it must be horrid.


    When I respond it is based purely on the answers to those questions.
    Fair enough. Not a bad list.
    Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    Most of your points are unreasonable as several people have been able to point out why they are not reasonable for various reasons.

    Your counter points are even less reasonable because you chose to ignore the full argument as you admitted yourself. You can't be persuaded because you're deciding to change what people are telling you so you can continue to argue without acknowledging they have a point. Go back and reread the WHOLE THREAD. Every word not some of the words. Each word is important and listen to what each word means when its combined with the others. When you selectively remove words, you change the meaning of whats said.

    It isn't both sides are incapable of forming persuasive arguments, its you're unwilling of reading them as you admitted in response to my last post.
    I've read every word but it's hard to take in the whole meaning. I've written too much and argued too much so I think now this thread is dying and things are going very wrong very quick. I've argued for not much value and people don't agree. Maybe this idea was not an improvement. re-reading the whole thread is a pain though. I'll make sure to read as much as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minley View Post
    Some bad ideas die in the first 2 pages. Yours don't die because, you argued, you didn't want your idea dismissed this easily. It's hard for you to comprehend your ideas get denied. This is an assumption, but your attitude doesn't show better
    Damn. I think I've just realised something. I've been arguing too much for no reason. Wow. I've been arguing for 8 threads. I really need to think of better threads and posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    Except that you clearly don't understand the mechanics of the game well. And you don't know the foundations of the ideas you are attempting to debate on. That has become evident thread after thread after thread that you start. The only thing is for some reason you can't see that.

    No one said that if one person disagrees it is a terrible idea. YOU said that everyone disagrees with you. That should tell YOU SOMETHING, unfortunately for some reason it doesn't. I am still convinced that most of what you are posting on here is pure trolling, nothing more.
    Why would it be trolling? It's pretty legit stuff. But I think I've argued the same points too many times. I think this thread has gone nowhere. OMG, It's taken me 8 pages to see that my idea is a complete failure... OH NOOOOOO! This thread is a fail. I've argued too much and it's taken me to 8 pages. I really need to stop ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Minley View Post
    Going away from this thread, I would appreciate if you think about why people disagreed, and take that as a constructive feedback of this almost 8 paged thread
    ... sure ... ... Np ...
    Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    And I expect you to read all the replies in atleast this page. That's going to much helpful to you.
    hmm... I think I've got this covered ............
    Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    Because you don't try to understand why your ideas are being shot at. Let me remind you people liked your idea about garrisons and yet you argued with all hell loose on why they won't let you buff th8 defense with that idea. Instead of finding a workaround, first try to understand why it is being denied and whether there is any feasible workaround for it or not. Simply jumping on others to accept the idea or make a slight change even when the base of the idea is simply not working, that's not a way you are going into a discussion. That's more of like creating arguments just to bring more audience to the idea in hopes of having atleast one who might mistype with a YES.

    Take this as an example. You're told several times in beginning of this thread how matchmaking is affected by the outcome of the battle in BB yet you didn't listen to it and simply rammed with the reply of "I know already" which you soon realised that you didn't.

    I'm just saying that atleast read what others are replying and see what's the purpose of denial instead of reading just that it's denied and pull triggers. It's good you're coming up with all these ideas but it's better to listen to those who have been here for long time and might have discussed the same ideas from all the angles before and have drawn some conclusions.
    hmm. I'll try to finish the thread quicker if my idea is disagreed with with good reason. Yep. I need to listen more from this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by kylorayker View Post
    I can't speak for everyone else, but it seems to me that you are the only person who feels your posts are reasonable. I believe the rest of us are trying to explain to you exactly that, and you are only seeing it as bashing. As Minley says, there's a difference to bashing something and expressing disagreement.

    You may feel we are bashing you and ignoring your perfectly reasonable points and concepts, but I would wager to believe the rest of us look at your posts the same way. I think you are being presented with entirely reasonable and valid counterpoints, but you dismiss them and continue to double down on the same ideas, over and over.
    Yes. Everyone is telling me the same thing. I think I need a new approach on my threads and counter points.

  7. #77
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    We all agree that the builder base was not as fun as it was hyped up to be, nor as fun as the home village. However, this is not because the builder base was terrible but because of the fact that you can only get loot 3 times a day and also back then you had to wait 5 minutes for troops to train.

    Now it is better but I've got an improvement that will make people actually LIKE it instead of playing to get the 6th builder hut. When you do an attack and finish, you have to wait for your opponent to finish attacking. How about you get to start another battle while you opponent is attacking or even another one whilst both opponents are waiting to finish attacking your base? This will solve the problem of being forced to wait or watch your opponent as hit one bat smacks the clocktower for over a minute. There will also be a page which shows "ongoing battles". This way you can trophy push quicker than ever and even do speed runs to the top. I don't see a reason why my opponent has to finish his attack before I can do another one because I've already finished my attack.

    Also, there are many things that can be done to nerf the defence in builder base. For example a level one crusher can instantly kill max level raged barbarians which is very very unfair. A solution would be to make the crusher do a third of the damage of the barbarians health (for each respective crusher compared to barbarian level max at those bh levels) but make the crusher have double health than usual and make the crusher attack twice as fast without pushing the barbarians. This is one of multiple examples.

    Also, the mines make me angry since they keep pushing and shoving the barbarians which is annoying and unfair. A solution to this would be to have the mines keep their damage but lose the knockback effect. Another thing we could do is for the troops not to wander around the guard post since they are annoying. I think they could hide inside the guard post, and as soon as it is destroyed, then the troops come out one at a time just like the home village clan castle. This will encourage good placement of the guard post instead of random placement and ruining people's attacks just by complete fortune.

    These are defensive examples.

    Let's take a look at actually obtaining loot. When you get to a certain trophy range, you should get loot bouses just like you do on home village to make people actually progress faster since getting that 6th builder hut is a chore. Starting at 1500 trophies you should get 10 000 of each loot and every 100 trophies from here on out, the loot bonus increases by 2500 of each loot.

    Finally, I would like to be able to transport the gem mine from the builder base village to the home village so I have more trash in my base. This way, I can actually find a way to make my opponents fail because of the extra mine which is reasonable since it doesn't do much in the builder base village and gems are the same for both villages so it shouldn't be a problem.
    I've refrained from engaging to reduce my current reflex of not default again.

    For your first statement.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12775035
    Addresses your vaguely kind of sort of ish assumption.

    Bh is already spamRus. Let's make it worse. Reward dumping all troops asap even more. As was posted many times, matchmaking is based on trophies. And yeah, 30 makes a big difference. Plus 30, maybe you're at 2980 and minus 30 you are at 2920. Big difference in what you face next battle. And holy cow,, you want multiple in progress?? Make it SPAM-R-US MAXED. Please find a book of patience to wait a minute or two.

    Defense. You want very strong defense in a ladder system. You do not want a bunch of 3 star ties. Nor do I want SPAM-R-US to be more rewarded than the awful time tie breaker. As usual, I am amazed that players whine about waiting a minute or two for an attack to finish when main armies take forever to cook. Even you with your th8 fetish can surely see the difference. Thats a bit off point for this one. Sorry. Tldr, defense avoids 3star ties.

    Basically get gud. No difference than main. Unless you having out in 2015 th8. No agreement from me.

    If you play bh optimally, loot is not a problem. That means rushing smartly. Or even just a mad rush. Read the many excellent guides in the sticky at the top. I have a max bh on my main. Been there for a long, long time. Despite being dumb and maxing through bh7, my mini is maxed other than walls. No big. Loot prob is chief prob.

    Yes. We know. You want your th8 to be ultra. A gem mine won't do it.

    Last, I have seen many posters come and go. You win the I'm right, you aren't no matter what data, reference, etc. You present on this topic award.
    Last edited by Piper139; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:24 AM.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  8. #78
    Pro Member Minley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Always Everywhere
    Posts
    732
    So uhh, I think that wraps up this edition of making Def4 understand, and they have kind of understood
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

  9. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I've refrained from engaging to reduce my current reflex of not default again.

    For your first statement.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12775035
    Addresses your vaguely kind of sort of ish assumption.

    Bh is already spamRus. Let's make it worse. Reward dumping all troops asap even more. As was posted many times, matchmaking is based on trophies. And yeah, 30 makes a big difference. Plus 30, maybe you're at 2980 and minus 30 you are at 2920. Big difference in what you face next battle. And holy cow,, you want multiple in progress?? Make it SPAM-R-US MAXED. Please find a book of patience to wait a minute or two.

    Defense. You want very strong defense in a ladder system. You do not want a bunch of 3 star ties. Nor do I want SPAM-R-US to be more rewarded than the awful time tie breaker. As usual, I am amazed that players whine about waiting a minute or two for an attack to finish when main armies take forever to cook. Even you with your th8 fetish can surely see the difference. Thats a bit off point for this one. Sorry. Tldr, defense avoids 3star ties.

    Basically get gud. No difference than main. Unless you having out in 2015 th8. No agreement from me.

    If you play bh optimally, loot is not a problem. That means rushing smartly. Or even just a mad rush. Read the many excellent guides in the sticky at the top. I have a max bh on my main. Been there for a long, long time. Despite being dumb and maxing through bh7, my mini is maxed other than walls. No big. Loot prob is chief prob.

    Yes. We know. You want your th8 to be ultra. A gem mine won't do it.

    Last, I have seen many posters come and go. You win the I'm right, you aren't no matter what data, reference, etc. You present on this topic award.
    Yes. I think my idea was out of hands. Spam would definitely be rewarded. I was thinking of bh5 for people who don't have the battle machine and yet I've possessed the wrong thinking. Btw 30 minus 2980 is 2950 buts that's beside the point. I think maybe you are right. 30 trophies is a big difference. Since everything you say is right. I'll just drop this thread here

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •