Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An Exciting Collaboration Proposition Between Players, Content Creators & Devs

Think the exclusivity you desire of the feature is a major no go. You want a game mode but you dont want many people to actually use it. I honestly stop taking ideas too seriously when someone specifically says they want to stop casuals from getting to use something. Its pure elitist and unnecessary.

Look at clash Royale. Their early tournament feature and grand challenges have had so many issues because of entry cost. If the cost is too high it limits who even wants to play and you have the same niche pool playing every month especially when people realize they might not be able to break even consistently. All that's really left is the pay 2 play players who can end up stockpiling gems because of your reward system.

You then want YouTubers under NDA as to not help with the game mode so they can't show people how to win each round. Which Darian has mentioned the team enjoys seeing content being made on their challenges they've been doing.

This idea has a good foundation but the participation and reward system should be gutted and rebuilt so its more encouraging to more players. If you intended it to be a niche game mode for a few then I really don't support this.
    Last edited by chased123456; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    This idea has a good foundation but the participation and reward system should be gutted and rebuilt so its more encouraging to more players. If you intended it to be a niche game mode for a few then I really don't support this.
    Exactly this.

@kyloraker @tollboothwillie Firstly, thank you both for your valuable time in reading this & providing inputs on it.

You both have raised some pretty valid questions and I will try my best to address your concerns.

Firstly, regarding admission price, I put out a tentative value to offset any casual participation as stated. That being said, it's merely my estimate & can be revised based on community feedback. Totally open for a common agreed price.

Next as far as Content Creator participation goes, it is completely optional for them to participate, willing ones may submit their bases to Supercell who will take a call on their shortlisting.

Next, NO way do I mean to suggest that All Content Creators are excellent base designers, willing ones can submit, ultimately it's Supercells sole discretion whether to accept those submission or reject it, they only can decide whether a submitted base is worthy or not.

Regarding Community Participation, as stated in one of my previous replies, this model can be expanded to a later stage(Say after 1-2 months) to a larger audience or community provided those interested are ready to sign NDA for that month.

One of the reasons for inclusion of content creators was to further the push or expansion started by Supercell in form of Creator Codes & given it's success in Brawl Stars, inclusion of their videos in game even CoC & to try emulate it in a more meaningful way.

They can be the starters but ultimately it is the community that will take the lead from there.

After all, what I floated is merely an Idea, the devs are at the full liberty to tweak it the way feel is right for game.

Once again, thank you for those questions, if you have any other I would be happy to discuss them.

Afterall, that's what is thread is for , to get some genuine feedback/constructive criticism & try to revise the model accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    Think the exclusivity you desire of the feature is a major no go. You want a game mode but you dont want many people to actually use it. I honestly stop taking ideas too seriously when someone specifically says they want to stop casuals from getting to use something. Its pure elitist and unnecessary.

Look at clash Royale. Their early tournament feature and grand challenges have had so many issues because of entry cost. If the cost is too high it limits who even wants to play and you have the same niche pool playing every month especially when people realize they might not be able to break even consistently. All that's really left is the pay 2 play players who can end up stockpiling gems because of your reward system.

You then want YouTubers under NDA as to not help with the game mode so they can't show people how to win each round. Which Darian has mentioned the team enjoys seeing content being made on their challenges they've been doing.

Wow. a good rebuttal. Let me cover those points which got left in my previous replies.

I DO Not wish for an exclusive audience, my main view when designing this was to be this being a test of skill, rather than multiple re-tries. People should see it as a surprise challenge & try to ace it. Casual participation as per me was to be discouraged due to this. Again people may have different views & I respect that opinion.

Secondly, I beg to differ in aspect of seeing something on how to do & being hand holded to do it, kind of ruins it for me.
    I would rather love to see some uncertainity , some excitment , some thrill regarding what's next month challenge gonna bring, would I be able do it better than last time ? After all that's life, u never know what next day holds for you. (Completely my view, you are free to differ)

Cost negotiation are mentioned in my earlier reply, request you to please refer to it.(TLdr: Totally open for a common agreed price)

Now as far as NDA goes, it is needed as per me, otherwise it would ruin the competitive spirit and some kind of unfair collusions may arise, i hope you get my point.

Lastly for participation & reward system, as stated in previous reply, it was totally my perspective, community feedback & constructive criticism is what will make it better, I am open for revision if a better option or roadmap is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner9 View Post
    Wow. a good rebuttal. Let me cover those points which got left in my previous replies.

I DO Not wish for an exclusive audience, my main view when designing this was to be this being a test of skill, rather than multiple re-tries. People should see it as a surprise challenge & try to ace it. Casual participation as per me was to be discouraged due to this. Again people may have different views & I respect that opinion.

Secondly, I beg to differ in aspect of seeing something on how to do & being hand holded to do it, kind of ruins it for me.
    I would rather love to see some uncertainity , some excitment , some thrill regarding what's next month challenge gonna bring, would I be able do it better than last time ? After all that's life, u never know what next day holds for you. (Completely my view, you are free to differ)

Cost negotiation are mentioned in my earlier reply, request you to please refer to it.(TLdr: Totally open for a common agreed price)

Now as far as NDA goes, it is needed as per me, otherwise it would ruin the competitive spirit and some kind of unfair collusions may arise, i hope you get my point.

Lastly for participation & reward system, as stated in previous reply, it was totally my perspective, community feedback & constructive criticism is what will make it better, I am open for revision if a better option or roadmap is there.
    I think the participation could be free but restricted to a strike system or a 1 loss and you're out. The difficult could scale from the lowest th allowed to the highest so for example if the feature is for th 9+, lvl 1 will be th 9 and lvl will be th 14. To test skill, the max th 14 can be a modified base using more infernoes or xbows than normally allowed but still reasonable because as you said with a solution.

To revise the rewards, each level earns the rewards but the starting rewards can be smaller and grow short so as example lvl 1 100k gold/elixir lvl 7 1 mil gold/elixir. The growth here is low. As this is not where the most skill is required. The last 3 levels would have magic items and increased rewards since this would be the highest ths and where the fewest can participate.

This slight overhaul would make it much more attract to casual players while the most rewards are still skill based.

Forum Superstar
    My issue with this suggestion is much the same as everyone else’s...cost, exclusivity and reward.

For me however the big one is the restriction to only content creator submissions for bases. Any doofus with a smart phone can call themselves a creator, that does not mean their content is good, it doesnt mean they have any game skill and certainly doesnt mean they have any base designing skill. By the same token, as a non-youtube creator, I may have great base design skills but have no interest in jumping through all the hoops to create a channel simply so i am “qualified” to submit base designs.

In some respects this feels like a quasi endorsement of youtubers in an effort to promote their channels. I am not suggesting that is your intent, but it seems self serving for youtubers.

By the way, given that most youtubers seem to only show successes in their attacks and not reality, I have zero interest in watching most of them and do not consider them celebrities whatsoever. I am sure there are others who think differently but I am pretty sure no one wants a car designed and built by anyone who “Keeps up with”. Leave base design to the experts in base design not an expert in getting more views or garnering the title of influencer.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesnít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Okay so as pointed out, there seems to be 3 common concerns namely regarding High Admission Price, Exclusivity & Reward Structure.

But First let me address Content Creator Point Again : By NO means I implied to say ALL of them are better designers than players. They should be viewed as initiator or launcher, then say third month onwards, when people have got a hang of it, we can have bases suggested by Community on a dedicated portal & let Supercell shortlist them

Coming back to 3 Common Concerns : Although I have addressed these issues in my previous posts, here I am trying to show what went through my mind while designing this New Mode.

My thought process while designing : There seems to be a common cry about end game content for gemmers, hardcore players & Th maxers.Need to design something that tests skills, doesn’t have multiple re-tries, comes as a surprise Challenge each month with increasing difficulty yet has a solution for each level. After all, you can gem progress rate in clash, Can you gem your Skill Level ? How good of a skilled player you are (Self Challenging Motivation), Can you do better than last month ?
    Should be all or nothing at each level yet achievable.

Entry should not be free, to avoid Casual(Not Serious) Participation & attempts, when you enter you should enter with a mindset to Win the very first time. More importantly to balance economies of scale for Supercell, else they would go broke paying hundreds of gems to players for free.

Yet people should be able to break even soon with some awesome rewards in form of Gems & Exclusive items.

That being said, I am revamping the Admission Price & Rewards Structure as follows :-

New Highly Reduced Admission Price = 500 gems or 1 Survivor Ticket(Exclusive item that can be earned at later levels, not purchasable)

Rewards are now awarded on "cumulative" basis ( You earn ALL the rewards upto that level you have beaten)

The criteria of 2 thresholds now stands removed.

New Break Even Point = Level 3 Beaten, where your admission price gets refund fully Plus you earn an awesome Custom Name Template for that Month.

You start to earn "additional rewards apart from Gems" after Beating lvl 3.

Scoring 10 wins OR beating the Challenge you get whopping 2000 Gems(Net 1500 Gems Gain) + Ton of additional Rewards.

The Revamped Reward Structure Can be Seen in table form below:

Level
    Required Destruction %
    Base Gem Rewards for that level
    Total Gem Earnings
    Additional Rewards
    100 Gems

100 Gems
    Nil
    150 Gems
    150+100 = 250 Gems

Nil
    3 (Break Even Point)
    250Gems
    250+250 = 500 Gems

Custom Name Template(NT) for that Month
    100Gems
    500+100= 600 Gems

Custom NT
    150Gems
    600+150= 750 Gems

Custom NT+ Custom Profile Badge for that month

250 Gems
    750+250= 1000 Gems

Custom NT + Badge+ 1* Resource Potion

250 Gems
    1000+250=1250 Gems

Custom NT+ Badge 1* Super Potion
    250 Gems
    1250+250 = 1500 Gems

Custom NT+Badge+1*Survivor Ticket
    250 Gems
    1500+250=1750 Gems

Custom NT+Badge+1*Super Potion + 1* Survivor Ticket
    250 Gems
    1750+250= 2000 Gems

Custom NT+ Badge+ 1* Super Potion + 1* Survivor Ticket + Exclusive Survivor Hero Skin of the Month

As usual Suggestions / Genuine Feedback / Constructive Criticism are welcome & highly awaited.

Feel free to discuss.
    Last edited by Stunner9; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:12 PM. Reason: Formatting & Highlighting Texts

Forum Superstar
    I still have some issues. What exactly is supposed to stop someone with several accounts from enrolling with one account and then once the one account fails, enrolling a second account and with knowledge of what happened to the first account do better and get further etc. Etc. Additionally, what about a team where one enters and everyone watches then they enroll and do better? It seems rife with ability to cheat the system.

As to rewards, I can see this being a player gemfest. I would suggest no gem or resource or magic rewards whatsoever, cosmetic only.

Wy exactly should this not be open to anyone? I can be quite serious regardless of my financial situation. I dont think putting in a gem entry fee does anything to limit it to only “serious” players and in fact makes it elitist.

How long do you think it would be before the “solution” to this month’s bases shows up on youtube? I am betting it would take less than 24 hours.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:19 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesnít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Trainee
    I really dislike this idea, the whole Content Creator thing ugh... I don't like it, and a good majority of the playerbase probably don't like either. Also making it p2w doesn't help at all. That said, the concept of consecutive battles is kinda fun, maybe it could be salvaged.

I can see an event where you need to 3 star a base to progress to the next one and so forth. However, I feel like this is just the campaign mode with a limited time tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I still have some issues. What exactly is supposed to stop someone with several accounts from enrolling with one account and then once the one account fails, enrolling a second account and with knowledge of what happened to the first account do better and get further etc. Etc. Additionally, what about a team where one enters and everyone watches then they enroll and do better? It seems rife with ability to cheat the system.

As to rewards, I can see this being a player gemfest. I would suggest no gem or resource or magic rewards whatsoever, cosmetic only.

Wy exactly should this not be open to anyone? I can be quite serious regardless of my financial situation. I dont think putting in a gem entry fee does anything to limit it to only “serious” players and in fact makes it elitist.

How long do you think it would be before the “solution” to this month’s bases shows up on youtube? I am betting it would take less than 24 hours.
    Your point about several people enrolling is already addressed in Original post, the “List system” is precisely for that, you never know which list you are going to get.
    As to rewards being gemfest & open to all point, this concept is designed as a High Risk , High Reward System, you effectively get nothing till you beat lvl 3, you are in a loss below that, reason as stated earlier to Balance economies of scale for Supercell. One of reasons for opposing open entry is for that purpose only, keeping in mind game economy.

As per videos surfacing point, NDA was there for that only, still in today’s digital age, even me or you cannot rule out the possibility of collusion/leak.

Lastly, this is a One time per month opportunity, you can only enter once per month by paying 500 gems , regardless of the amount of gems you have.