Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Gemmed war strategy. LOL

  1. #1
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,050

    Gemmed war strategy. LOL

    Gotta love losing a war because the other clan gemmed their TH14 bases after war match had been established. Full blown maxed pets, maxed scattershots, maxed CC, all this after the war match had found the "right" match. Good for SC for getting all that money. But, man... so much for war fairness. Why this is allowed (upgrade troops and defense after war has been established) is only "fair" for SC. Thanks.
    Leader of Fortress X
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/fortress-x-2QJ99CGP/members


    "The value of a datum or a field of data is modified by the viewpoint of the observer."

  2. #2
    Forum Champion
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Bad Newz, VA.
    Posts
    5,944
    It’s fair because your clan has the option to do the same thing. Literally the definition of fair. Is it a cheap move to win a war? Yes. But as long as you can do the same thing it is far from unfair.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by iBork View Post
    Gotta love losing a war because the other clan gemmed their TH14 bases after war match had been established. Full blown maxed pets, maxed scattershots, maxed CC, all this after the war match had found the "right" match. Good for SC for getting all that money. But, man... so much for war fairness. Why this is allowed (upgrade troops and defense after war has been established) is only "fair" for SC. Thanks.
    I have long said SC should lock in our offense/defense when the match search is started. I'm not sure offense would be easy to do, but it seems defense shouldn't be all that hard given how it is done for legends. I also don't like how power or hero potions are allowed to avoid the matchmaker either.

    All that said, I've also always taken advantage of it when I can. If I have a new building to drop, I try to do it on prep days.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  4. #4
    Millennial Club Rizzob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Over there ---->
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    It’s fair because your clan has the option to do the same thing. Literally the definition of fair. Is it a cheap move to win a war? Yes. But as long as you can do the same thing it is far from unfair.
    It's "fair" strictly in a technical sense.

    It's gaming the matchmaker, similar to how a pool hustler will make himself look below average to draw in people wagering against him.

    I agree with OP, I'd like to see buildings/troops/heroes frozen after the match is found. Sure, gem all you want, but it won't affect your current matchup. I also think power/hero potions should not be applied for war attacks for the same reason.

    The only silver lining is they can't do this every war - at least not on such a massive scale.

  5. #5
    Forum Contender joshsgrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    4,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    It's "fair" strictly in a technical sense.

    It's gaming the matchmaker, similar to how a pool hustler will make himself look below average to draw in people wagering against him.

    I agree with OP, I'd like to see buildings/troops/heroes frozen after the match is found. Sure, gem all you want, but it won't affect your current matchup. I also think power/hero potions should not be applied for war attacks for the same reason.

    The only silver lining is they can't do this every war - at least not on such a massive scale.
    Not such a silver lining tho for the opponents mate..
    I am with you guys, the spin should lock in the weights.. the match should be the match, not the start of an arms race.

    Takes me back to the GM vs Noobs event a few years ago
    There was much more than simply a red line on the log at stake with that one, as with any streaker clan..

    Is likely to be the end of that clan, once those years of plotting the upgrade paths of each account, the meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to spot and adapt quickly to any change in the MMA..
    And to come to an abrupt end simply because a clan with deep pockets turned up on the other side of the map, either by choice or by accident.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:55 PM.

  6. #6
    Warriors are OP
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by iBork View Post
    Gotta love losing a war because the other clan gemmed their TH14 bases after war match had been established. Full blown maxed pets, maxed scattershots, maxed CC, all this after the war match had found the "right" match. Good for SC for getting all that money. But, man... so much for war fairness. Why this is allowed (upgrade troops and defense after war has been established) is only "fair" for SC. Thanks.
    Well that can be done anytime in game by using gp/buying packs/buying gems and suddenly max certain things.
    This is happening for so long and i don't think they will change as they are earing from that.

  7. #7
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,145
    Agree that:
    ��No Power Potions apply for war
    ��Offence and Defence should be locked for the war as at the spin time
    ��No new buildings should be allowed to be added to war bases after spin

    of course supercell probably make good money from people gemming up for war, and purchasing potions, so can’t see this coming in.

    DISCLAIMER... Yes I have used Potions during war, because it is allowed, but still would like to see it not allowed.

    Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L75 | BK: 75 | GW 50 | RC: 25 | Max Trophies: 5500+

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •