Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: War Weights After Update

War Weights After Update

Has anyone noticed any changes or have any new insight on war weights after this recent update? In particular, are X-bows, Infernos, and Eagles still grossly over-weighted or have those been altered?
    Clash Update Wish List: 1. New single player maps (or update the Goblin village loot every season) / 2. Leaders select words to censor in Clan Chat Filter for their clans. / 3. Revenge List Maintenance allowing player to delete attacks &/or make notes / 4. Chat with Rival War Clan in a War Chat (Make a 2nd tab where Global was) / 5. Ban/Block Option to keep certain users from requesting to join your clan

Changed with regards to what?
    Those weights are used to differentiate between different power levels on an account.. Hall levels if you like.

A max 9 is still likely to weigh in at 70k, a 10 at 90k, an 11 at 110k, a 12 at 120k, and a 13 at 130k..
    Apart from that, weight gain isnt linear.. If you drop your eagle soon as you jump to 11, your defensive weight will increase by more than if you drop that eagle last..
    it is a signature and formidable defense.. same as with all structures you mention.

They may increase weight by more than a gun.. But without them, they arent going to defend against a same hall in mainstream wars.

As for TH14.. It is new, weight per drop is likely going to change with each quarterly update..
    But it looks fairly likely that unless they have something still on the shelf for future release, gaining defensive weight is going to be essential for a successful defense, because without it, the extra offense is going to be telling.. And likely weighing in at 140k eventually (or even jumping to 140k very quickly for the first few updates).

Edited to add.. That is simply defense weights.. Offense weight still has to be added in order to work out war weight.. So likely double or thereabouts is my rough guestimation on an actual war weight for a max for hall account (which is likely where the overlap occurs on perma max drawing next hall up against a non maxed hall 1 level higher)
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; April 15th, 2021 at 06:16 PM.

Forum Veteran
    I tested some bases, and I can confirm there is no def weight change after th14 update on th13 and lower(tested at most of our bases)

a lvl1 TH14 gain 2k weight def from th13 lvl5 giga, and i think it is because of Poison spell effect is added to th14 lvl1, it did not happen when th12 go up to 13 because lvl1 th13 is basically same stat with lvl5 th12.

I did not check the builder hut upgrade yet, so if people does finished it and can give us information it will be great, I guess all significant th14 weight gain should be from 5 builder huts, since not many other def lvl upgrade available
    https://cocp.it/clan/L8VLPP80

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    I tested some bases, and I can confirm there is no def weight change after th14 update on th13 and lower(tested at most of our bases)

a lvl1 TH14 gain 2k weight def from th13 lvl5 giga, and i think it is because of Poison spell effect is added to th14 lvl1, it did not happen when th12 go up to 13 because lvl1 th13 is basically same stat with lvl5 th12.

I did not check the builder hut upgrade yet, so if people does finished it and can give us information it will be great, I guess all significant th14 weight gain should be from 5 builder huts, since not many other def lvl upgrade available
    Aha, thank you. Yes, was curious about the weight change for our TH13 and under players.

I didn't think there was much of a change, but the question was asked which made me curious. I wanted to get some insight from those with deeper Clash insight.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Changed with regards to what?
    Those weights are used to differentiate between different power levels on an account.. Hall levels if you like.

A max 9 is still likely to weigh in at 70k, a 10 at 90k, an 11 at 110k, a 12 at 120k, and a 13 at 130k..
    Apart from that, weight gain isnt linear.. If you drop your eagle soon as you jump to 11, your defensive weight will increase by more than if you drop that eagle last..
    it is a signature and formidable defense.. same as with all structures you mention.

They may increase weight by more than a gun.. But without them, they arent going to defend against a same hall in mainstream wars.

As for TH14.. It is new, weight per drop is likely going to change with each quarterly update..
    But it looks fairly likely that unless they have something still on the shelf for future release, gaining defensive weight is going to be essential for a successful defense, because without it, the extra offense is going to be telling.. And likely weighing in at 140k eventually (or even jumping to 140k very quickly for the first few updates).

Edited to add.. That is simply defense weights.. Offense weight still has to be added in order to work out war weight.. So likely double or thereabouts is my rough guestimation on an actual war weight for a max for hall account (which is likely where the overlap occurs on perma max drawing next hall up against a non maxed hall 1 level higher)
    Yeah, mostly I was wondering for war placement/ranking. So I guess a mixture of offensive and defensive?
    Clash Update Wish List: 1. New single player maps (or update the Goblin village loot every season) / 2. Leaders select words to censor in Clan Chat Filter for their clans. / 3. Revenge List Maintenance allowing player to delete attacks &/or make notes / 4. Chat with Rival War Clan in a War Chat (Make a 2nd tab where Global was) / 5. Ban/Block Option to keep certain users from requesting to join your clan

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBAT View Post
    Aha, thank you. Yes, was curious about the weight change for our TH13 and under players.

I didn't think there was much of a change, but the question was asked which made me curious. I wanted to get some insight from those with deeper Clash insight.

Yeah, mostly I was wondering for war placement/ranking. So I guess a mixture of offensive and defensive?
    Map placement is gold weight, so based on defense..
    Just do some camp and lab work and you will be lower down the map than your war weight would otherwise suggest, if map order is a "thing" in your clan..
    Keep in mind that heroes gain defensive weight as well as offense..

Then when you are ready, drop the defenses so your base will actually defend as you rise up the map order

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexBAT View Post

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Map placement is gold weight, so based on defense..
    Just do some camp and lab work and you will be lower down the map than your war weight would otherwise suggest, if map order is a "thing" in your clan..
    Keep in mind that heroes gain defensive weight as well as offense..

Then when you are ready, drop the defenses so your base will actually defend as you rise up the map order
    Josh is right the placement is based solely on def, and offense is hidden, but can see it mostly from recommended target during war, and I can confirm that BOTH off and def weight calculation is not changed after 14 update at all of our bases

, but can see it mostly from recommended target during war ?
    Really Sam? I have nothing but respect for you and your great clan's engineering prowess?... but the old recommended target equates closely to offensive weight rhetoric was debunked many moons ago!

Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 18 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH13.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Josh is right the placement is based solely on def, and offense is hidden, but can see it mostly from recommended target during war, and I can confirm that BOTH off and def weight calculation is not changed after 14 update at all of our bases
    Actually, from my experience, map placement is not based solely on defence.

We had a few of us with maxed defences 2-3 CWLs ago, but one of my accounts still had a spell to finish researching. That finished in the middle of CWL, and that base jumped 3 places for the following day. Neither it, nor any of the bases above it had changed any defences, walls, or heroes - all were fully maxed prior to the start of CWL that season.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    Really Sam? I have nothing but respect for you and your great clan's engineering prowess?... but the old recommended target equates closely to offensive weight rhetoric was debunked many moons ago!

You can't do it really with just one war. A clan serious about weights like Sam's, though, can track it over many wars. And, it takes more than just looking at the weight of the recommended target, it includes looking at the weights of the other options on the board that could have been the recommended target, plus your own roster to see what accounts you had that could potentially match up with the others. Too complicated for me, but there are clans that are good at it.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post

I think recommended target is still the most important indicator of your offense weight, but u have to consider how to use the data, because the weight gaps between every th are not proportional, let say the same 5k gap at 80k, and 115k, the 5k at the 115k is actually bigger because it placed it at only 10k gap between th11&12 while at 80 it is placed at 20k, between th9&10, so it is a bit counter intuitive, because 5k at 115k has lower % then at 80k.

And 2222 is right u have to see it in a few wars at least and take the average of the below and above your recommended target to check

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Actually, from my experience, map placement is not based solely on defence.

We had a few of us with maxed defences 2-3 CWLs ago, but one of my accounts still had a spell to finish researching. That finished in the middle of CWL, and that base jumped 3 places for the following day. Neither it, nor any of the bases above it had changed any defences, walls, or heroes - all were fully maxed prior to the start of CWL that season.
    I believe what u experienced don't really showed the spell weight effect to the map placement, even tho I don't rule it out totally, but it must be very miniscule, because we never really see off weight effect on the map placement. There is other explanation to your experience, I think there was a very big probability it was a server placement shard change or something, because it was all maxed bases, we always this issue between max bases placement