Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Cool Name for "pets" needed

Centennial Club
    I feel like a 3rd grader talking about pets. They may work great, but I feel like I'm in a kiddie game now. It's actually affecting my enjoyment of the game

Quote Originally Posted by NHCOCRocks View Post
    I feel like a 3rd grader talking about pets. They may work great, but I feel like I'm in a kiddie game now. It's actually affecting my enjoyment of the game
    It has already been explained in the past that they need to use names which are easily translatable due to the global player base..
    What does it matter what they call them?.. If they are efficient, they have value..

I dont tend to let many outside of my closest circle know that I play clash.. Is it not a mobile game aimed at kids anyway?
    And the older we kids are, the more chance SC have of maintaining our prolonged interest.. because younger kids dont have the attention span to get thru the years required to reach max game, nor do they have the disposable income.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:34 PM.

Machine dog (M dog) .Jumping dog
    Crazy owl .Angry owl
    Wild Buffalo .Buffalo saboteur
    Unicorn Healing
    Last edited by Emadjjj; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:42 AM.
    Clash of clans levl 244 #9PUG22UPC

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    It has already been explained in the past that they need to use names which are easily translatable due to the global player base..
    What does it matter what they call them?.. If they are efficient, they have value..

I dont tend to let many outside of my closest circle know that I play clash.. Is it not a mobile game aimed at kids anyway?
    And the older we kids are, the more chance SC have of maintaining our prolonged interest.. because younger kids dont have the attention span to get thru the years required to reach max game, nor do they have the disposable income.
    They may need to simplify names, but it does matter which names they choose. I am not alone in our adult only clan who feels silly talking about pets. It may not matter to you, but it matters to others. I'm not complaining, just pointing out that it's kind of pushing me away. I'll get over it, but it's a visceral reaction, not necessarily logical.

Quote Originally Posted by NHCOCRocks View Post
    They may need to simplify names, but it does matter which names they choose. I am not alone in our adult only clan who feels silly talking about pets. It may not matter to you, but it matters to others. I'm not complaining, just pointing out that it's kind of pushing me away. I'll get over it, but it's a visceral reaction, not necessarily logical.
    I know exactly where you are coming from NHCOC..
    As I said, I dont mention clash when in adult company..

What gets portrayed as sounding "not serious", and sometimes "poking fun at itself" does sound rather childish..
    The whole concept of the units in the game already does that tho, in my view..
    My background is in PC games with themed strategic gameplay against AI opponents.. Loved the Total War series..

But clash is a mix of mythical and other worldy creations, and since there is demand to also make it aesthetically pleasing, the whole thing smacks of kiddie playtime.

But then one gets into the gameplay, and the game itself is pretty amazing..
    The complexity, variety, and smoothness is a joy to behold.. Balance is also on the money for someone of my limited ability too (havent jumped to 14 yet)
    Add a wonderful social aspect to that, with both ones home clan and the forum community..
    And I am totally engrossed with the whole thing..

So in my view, I dont care what names they give to new content, so long as it adds to the game..
    To the outsider, the game and its players look stupid and childish anyways.. And I shrug at that (unless in adult company lol)

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    Having a cool name for the pets is absolutely essential. Something other than "pets."

For example. The Golden State Warriors had:

"Run TMC for Tim, Mich, and Chris" and recently there was the nick name of
    Splash Brothers.

The Oakland Athetics had their "Bash Brothers" for Jose Canseco and Mark McGuire.

For the game unfortunately "paw patrol" has already been claimed by the cartoon of that name. And, calling it after anything Pokemon is old and tired.

Now is your chance to name the Band of Pets. If all of them were lemurs I would call them "the conspiracy" for example.
    Useful hero minions.