Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TH14 War without Pets?

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    A hard part of judging this right now is we have no idea how much weight the pets have in the match. Maybe Sam or Major can give us a hint in a month or two
    I think except in a very competitive clans most of clan should allow war with pet upgrading.

I can use analogy of army camps, would u put people in war with upgrading army camps?

In my calculation every single pet have close to 15 housing camps and so th14 got extra 60 camps, compared to 13 with only 45 additional(20+RC).

TH14 has only 5 heroes lvl upgrade with the lowest stat upgrade per lvl compared to th13 and even bigger stat at th12 per lvl.

TH14 so far has no war army upgraded except healers and the healer stat upgrade is the lowest compared to other previous healer lvl.

At current TH14 stage biggest offense upgrade at th14 are basically the pets(tested 2 accts with all 4 pets lvl1 unlocking one at a time and test the off weight gain every single time)

With quite modest def upgrade I guess current Maxed TH14 3* rate with 1 pet upgrading will be even higher then TH13.

So to me, we will do war with pet upgrading
    https://cocp.it/clan/L8VLPP80

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    I think except in a very competitive clans most of clan should allow war with pet upgrading.

I can use analogy of army camps, would u put people in war with upgrading army camps?

In my calculation every single pet have close to 15 housing camps and so th14 got extra 60 camps, compared to 13 with only 45 additional(20+RC).

TH14 has only 5 heroes lvl upgrade with the lowest stat upgrade per lvl compared to th13 and even bigger stat at th12 per lvl.

TH14 so far has no war army upgraded except healers and the healer stat upgrade is the lowest compared to other previous healer lvl.

At current TH14 stage biggest offense upgrade at th14 are basically the pets(tested 2 accts with all 4 pets lvl1 unlocking one at a time and test the off weight gain every single time)

With quite modest def upgrade I guess current Maxed TH14 3* rate with 1 pet upgrading will be even higher then TH13.

The difference compared to an army camp, though, is an upgrading pet is like a hero, you get the weight (I assume so) of the pet but you don't get the use of it. I suspect that one pet won't have a huge offensive weight, but it is hard when I don't really have any idea what the total offensive weight is or exactly how it impacts the match.

Our clan definitely won't care for CWL. CWL is a 50% win system either way. For regular war our current plan is to not care if one pet is down. If you have multiple pets down it is better to hold off on war. We've pulled back on war, though. We're planning only 1-2 per week for awhile, so that also impacts our decision.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    The difference compared to an army camp, though, is an upgrading pet is like a hero, you get the weight (I assume so) of the pet but you don't get the use of it. I suspect that one pet won't have a huge offensive weight, but it is hard when I don't really have any idea what the total offensive weight is or exactly how it impacts the match.

Our clan definitely won't care for CWL. CWL is a 50% win system either way. For regular war our current plan is to not care if one pet is down. If you have multiple pets down it is better to hold off on war. We've pulled back on war, though. We're planning only 1-2 per week for awhile, so that also impacts our decision.
    Agree with your point, that army camps don't count before it finished, but heroes and pet are totally different in that most heroes are very essential to 3 starring max bases, as they provide a very different aspect to the attack, but at current th14 def strength, I don't see pets is that important, I believe u can still 3* max 14 with one pet upgrading, and I don't think u can upgrade multiple pets at once

Agree with your point, that army camps don't count before it finished, but heroes and pet are totally different in that most heroes are very essential to 3 starring max bases, as they provide a very different aspect to the attack, but at current th14 def strength, I don't see pets is that important, I believe u can still 3* max 14 with one pet upgrading, and I don't think u can upgrade multiple pets at once
    Agreed. We'll probably go that route for now (ok to war with a pet upgrading) unless we start getting info that they weigh a lot and/or make a huge difference. That possibly could be the case later when they are more upgraded, but on the other hand by the time they are more upgraded the rest of the base will be to so the weight increase is relative to all that other weight.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

You go too deep mate.. Converting offensive power to camp space.

A question mate.. save me coming knock on your door. (and prob the last person I should be asking about more mainstream wars lol)
    When you did your test spins, did you draw 14s on the opposition roster when you were carrying them yourself?
    Have you noticed a top hall focused search present within the MMA after the update?

Reason I'm asking.. Closing in on max 13, but dont want to jump and put my main out of action until it grows into TH14..
    We dont carry the back up or roster depth if we get a mismatch at the top

PS.. Nice attention to detail BTW.. Prob the reason why your log looks like a meadow on a nice summer day and mine looks like a London bus.

Stay safe Sam, always a pleasure mate
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:15 PM.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    You go too deep mate.. Converting offensive power to camp space.

A question mate.. save me coming knock on your door. (and prob the last person I should be asking about more mainstream wars lol)
    When you did your test spins, did you draw 14s on the opposition roster when you were carrying them yourself?
    Have you noticed a top hall focused search present within the MMA after the update?

Reason I'm asking.. Closing in on max 13, but dont want to jump and put my main out of action until it grows into TH14..
    We dont carry the back up or roster depth if we get a mismatch at the top

PS.. Nice attention to detail BTW.. Prob the reason why your log looks like a meadow on a nice summer day and mine looks like a London bus.

Stay safe Sam, always a pleasure mate
    I did 2 wars after update the first we were 2/8/9 vs 0/5/9 and current war 2/8/9 vs 2/5/8

so I believe this top TH parity is loosened a lot at the beginning of new TH update like it was when th13 update. It must be done or people wont match, I noticed war search becoming very long 1-2 days before update until the day of th14 update.

But as more th14s coming i think it will be back as before, as all off def base weight calculation still the same.

a Max 13 is liability now and u can easily match 14, and if they have same heroes like u, they will perfect u very easy with all lvl1 pets
    Last edited by samratulangi; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:10 PM.
    https://cocp.it/clan/L8VLPP80

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

I did 2 wars after update the first we were 2/8/9 vs 0/5/9 and current war 2/8/9 vs 2/5/8

so I believe this top TH parity is loosened a lot at the beginning of new TH update like it was when th13 update. It must be done or people wont match, I noticed war search becoming very long 1-2 days before update until the day of th14 update.

But as more th14s coming i think it will be back as before, as all off def base weight calculation still the same.

a Max 13 is liability now and u can easily match 14, and if they have same heroes like u, they will perfect u very easy with all lvl1 pets
    Thanks as always Sam.. not really what I wanted to hear, but not so surprised anyway.

Surprisingly, our last spin took longer than expected, and we drew rushers.. Unusual, only thing in common was that there were 2x 13s per side.. But they were never in with a shout at the win.

I guess things are a little up in the air with the change.. Have 2 air mines and a few walls to go.. Will forget the 2 levels needed on mortar and go to 14 after those bombs are done.. Otherwise we are gonna get stung at some point anyway.

Spun again.. Same roster, same outcome..
    Either we hit on a breakdown to engineer the draw, or the MMA has gone on holiday..
    Good for the green, but I could have stuck with the old style for cup cake
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:06 PM.

I think every clan should do whatever it wants and it depends on it.
    Pets are important but heros much more.
    My main opinion at this issue is that if someone has pet in upgrade so he can attack without afraid of getting less than 3 stars depends on his force.