Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TH14 War without Pets?

TH14 War without Pets?

It is common among war clans to require all heroes for war. Would you also say that all Pets must be up? It takes over 6 months of constant upgrades to max out all four pets. I do not see most players using books or hammers to upgrade pets. So, should TH14 accounts be expected to sit out when pets are upgrading? Would your answer be the same for CWL as for regular wars?

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince1999 View Post
    It is common among war clans to require all heroes for war. Would you also say that all Pets must be up? It takes over 6 months of constant upgrades to max out all four pets. I do not see most players using books or hammers to upgrade pets. So, should TH14 accounts be expected to sit out when pets are upgrading? Would your answer be the same for CWL as for regular wars?
    It is entirely up to the clan. That being said, would you allow someone to war with three max pets and one on upgrade? I would, especially right now when almost no opponent will be maxed anyways. You didnt have pets last week and somehow managed to war......

I might change my mind though if every opponent we faced had maxed pets.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:37 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesn’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I might change my mind though if every opponent we faced had maxed pets.
    I agree, and more to the point, if we make them sit out when the pets are upgrading, they may just not upgrade them. I would prefer that they play through the pain and get them maxed asap. We may look later at how much that affected things when it comes time for our current TH12s to go up.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    I don't think the pets are as vital as the heroes themselves.

They certainly make a difference, but not enough for it to be vital to have all 4 up IMO.

A hard part of judging this right now is we have no idea how much weight the pets have in the match. Maybe Sam or Major can give us a hint in a month or two

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    A hard part of judging this right now is we have no idea how much weight the pets have in the match. Maybe Sam or Major can give us a hint in a month or two
    Those on weight watchers may care, for the rest of us it hardly matters. My clan is mostly max 13s pre update anyways, so weight is pretty meaningless.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesn’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Those on weight watchers may care, for the rest of us it hardly matters. My clan is mostly max 13s pre update anyways, so weight is pretty meaningless.
    Agreed although we aren't that heavy. Current war lineup is 10 14s, 3 13s, 2 12s. Since it is one pet at a time, I'm leaning towards no big. Not like we are going to compete in worlds anytime this century.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    This is a very good point. That would validate the decision either way quite a bit. For us, it is just coming down to the practical side of it being impossible to upgrade both heroes and pets with magic items. So, without spending serious cash, there are only two choices. Choice one would be to war without one pet. Choice two would be for the clan to war without its most senior accounts for quite a while. That choice seems obvious.

Right, for those who don't really care much about the match and just like getting as many wars a possible, it is an easy choice, just go for it. Those same clans are probably willing to war with a hero down also. I suspect the pets don't count in the offensive weight nearly as much as a hero, they sure don't make as much of a difference as a hero. So, most clans are probably willing to go to war with one pet down even if they do care a lot about their weight and war record. I think that is even more true later in th14 when the th14s are so heavy that a pet doesn't add much (though more upgraded pets will add more I'm sure). The first few levels of pets may be pretty heavy relative to a new th14. It would be nice to know, but of course SC won't tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince1999 View Post
    This is a very good point. That would validate the decision either way quite a bit. For us, it is just coming down to the practical side of it being impossible to upgrade both heroes and pets with magic items. So, without spending serious cash, there are only two choices. Choice one would be to war without one pet. Choice two would be for the clan to war without its most senior accounts for quite a while. That choice seems obvious.
    There is one more choice, well known to those of us who played back when there was no such thing as a book or a hammer: war in between upgrades and it is ok to have a full dark storage sitting there for a day or two of war because you're going to max out before th15 comes anyway so don't stress about it.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Millennial Club
    My clan has decided for regular wars pets can be upgrading, but for cwl pets must be available.

Of course, each ckan can decide for themselves what they want to do.