Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New defense

I think to add something positive on the thread, the actually damage dealing is interesting. Th 8 has its signature defense already: the bomb tower. I'd like to hear your thoughts of how much damage it would deal, its attack type (single target, aoe, multi target, pierce) and hp if it were added as the th 15 signature defense and was ground based. This addresses everyone's concerns about it that have been mentioned so far.

To be entirely honest, we don't have many details on its actual function just its an air defense and unlocks at th 8 so thats all we can comment on and you can see this is creating issues about implementation and not the defense ability itself.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Not a fan because this would require every army to have at least one ground/air targeting troop in order to win. So what happens when all your air targeting troops are killed and this defense is still standing? Would be unfair to just lose the battle if your entire army is left but they can't target this building just because your remaining troops can't target air. All defenses should always be able to be targeted by any troop.

Also, new defenses will come to higher town Halls only. Supercell is done adding new defenses to lower town Halls, so the soonest we'd see this defense is for TH14 but realistically it'd be TH15 whenever that day comes.
    While I agree there is virtually no chance of this ever happening, and even that slim chance would be only at TH14 or higher, anybody who doesn't carry troops who can hit air right now is going to be in trouble against any air-based CC.

But of course, three of the heroes always can, and most ground armies will include wiz for clear up.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    While I agree there is virtually no chance of this ever happening, and even that slim chance would be only at TH14 or higher, anybody who doesn't carry troops who can hit air right now is going to be in trouble against any air-based CC.

But of course, three of the heroes always can, and most ground armies will include wiz for clear up.
    Difference is that CC, once triggered, can be lured out, while this defense will remain stationary somewhere in a well-protected area of the base.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauritanian1960 View Post
    If completely wiping out about half of all armies from the meta is nothing, then I suggest the giga-bomb function of th12 upwards should cover about half the map and annihilate any troop inside, taking any death spawned troops with them. That would also be nothing by your terms. Also with the minions, have you ever heard of air bombs? You would have to take fire from an untargetable defense constantly, destroy the rest of the base, and then deploy minions, only then you still have to hope you have time left and if you used all ground, you also have to hope there are no air bombs. The way you portray counters to the suggestion as "nothing" just says you are too adamant about pushing this suggestion forward to a group who will absolutely not consider it, and by that fact alone making the suggestion completely obsolete.
    "it can be 100% if it'll be the last without getting destroyed." So this is the ultimate solution.

Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    I think to add something positive on the thread, the actually damage dealing is interesting. Th 8 has its signature defense already: the bomb tower. I'd like to hear your thoughts of how much damage it would deal, its attack type (single target, aoe, multi target, pierce) and hp if it were added as the th 15 signature defense and was ground based. This addresses everyone's concerns about it that have been mentioned so far.

To be entirely honest, we don't have many details on its actual function just its an air defense and unlocks at th 8 so thats all we can comment on and you can see this is creating issues about implementation and not the defense ability itself.
    Multi target, every troop, air or ground troop that will be in its area (6 tiles) will be damaged.
    If you meant price so its price is 1,200,000 elixir if it's on th8 or 5,000,000 elixir if it's on th15.
    800 hp if it's on th8 and 1,400 if on th15.
    200 DPS for th8 and 400 if th15.
    Tell me if it's too weak or too strong.

And... what if there is a ground attack and air cc troops, so supercell should remove air cc donations?
    Last edited by LaserRadiation; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:11 PM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserRadiation View Post
    And... what if there is a ground attack and air cc troops, so supercell should remove air cc donations?
    What? That is nonsense.

What the others are saying that it is absolutely not right to force players to bring a specific troop that must target air targets, just to counter this one building.

All buildings are grounded.
    Gonna leave this here so I don't have to search every time someone says "help I can't get in touch with support"

Clash of Clans customer support: https://help.supercellsupport.com/cl...tact-form.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cupholder View Post
    What? That is nonsense.

What the others are saying that it is absolutely not right to force players to bring a specific troop that must target air targets, just to counter this one building.

All buildings are grounded.
    Because of that I said that if it will be the last building and it's a ground attack so it'll be automatically 100% 3 stars.
    Last edited by LaserRadiation; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserRadiation View Post
    Because of that I said that if it will be the last building and it's a ground attack so it'll be automatically 100% 3 stars.
    So basically it won't give any percentage to destruction

Quote Originally Posted by Mauritanian1960 View Post
    Except it would limit th8 players to using ONLY dragon armies and does the opposite of what you want th8 to be, plus the fact you so desperately want new things added to th8 shows that you completely ignore any potential balance issues until you decide to recognize it in hindsight.
    It's same as how some people only make posts about cost reduction and then worry about less loot when events like Hammer jam are there.

Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    So basically it won't give any percentage to destruction
    No. Only if it's the last building, if the remaining troops are grounded so when they will finish the building before this defense they will won.