Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New defense

New defense

D.E.E.R.D or DEERD is the name of the defense I want to suggest.
    D.E.E.R.D means Dark Elixir Exploded RainDrops.
    The defense is a dark elixir cloud that has an unlimited bomb into it and every time it explodes the cloud releases a few dark elixir raindrops, when the raindrops hit something they explode and release bomb fragments.
    Unlocks at the th that SC wants
    Hope you understood.
    Edit: I want to hear your opinions.
    Last edited by LaserRadiation; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:48 PM.

Not a fan because this would require every army to have at least one ground/air targeting troop in order to win. So what happens when all your air targeting troops are killed and this defense is still standing? Would be unfair to just lose the battle if your entire army is left but they can't target this building just because your remaining troops can't target air. All defenses should always be able to be targeted by any troop.

Also, new defenses will come to higher town Halls only. Supercell is done adding new defenses to lower town Halls, so the soonest we'd see this defense is for TH14 but realistically it'd be TH15 whenever that day comes.

Pro Member
    One issue I have with this idea is that no defense targeting troop will be able to attack it. I don't think I need to explain why that's a problem.

Phoenix1027- it will make more thinking about strategies , that's good to challenge sometimes with new things. Without it the game wouldn't be fun.
    Ostentatious- so only troops like giants or hog riders can attack it. Under it will be a spring trap elevator that let them attack it. *only Hogs and giants*
    Last edited by LaserRadiation; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserRadiation View Post
    Phoenix1027- it will make more thinking about strategies , that's good to challenge sometimes with new things. Without it the game wouldn't be fun.
    Ostentatious- so only troops like giants or hog riders can attack it. Under it will be a spring trap elevator that let them attack it. *only Hogs and giants*
    His complaint isn't an issue of strategy. Its literally a problem with the method it can be destroyed. Since there's a building that has to be taken down 1 certain way, you must have something to take it out that way. Saying "but strategy" doesn't make this any more enjoyable. You shouldn't be looking for ideas that limit the armies people are allowed to use for the sake of strategy.

Also this will likely never come to any th lower than 14 as piper said. If you want more content at th 8, hit the upgrade th button.

Banned
    D.E.E.R.D or DEERD is the name of the defense I want to suggest.
    D.E.E.R.D means Dark Elixir Exploded RainDrops.
    DEERD is the first flying defense building and only troops which have "Targets: Ground & Air" can attack it.
    The defense is a dark elixir cloud that has an unlimited bomb into it and every time it explodes the cloud releases a few dark elixir raindrops, when the raindrops hit something they explode and release bomb fragments.
    Unlocks at th8.
    Hope you understood.
    Edit: I want to hear your opinions.
    Yes finally a new defence that unlocks at th8 will be really good. This will make dragons harder to execute and would provide a good balance. A very good idea indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Yes finally a new defence that unlocks at th8 will be really good. This will make dragons harder to execute and would provide a good balance. A very good idea indeed.
    Except it would limit th8 players to using ONLY dragon armies and does the opposite of what you want th8 to be, plus the fact you so desperately want new things added to th8 shows that you completely ignore any potential balance issues until you decide to recognize it in hindsight.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauritanian1960 View Post
    Except it would limit th8 players to using ONLY dragon armies and does the opposite of what you want th8 to be, plus the fact you so desperately want new things added to th8 shows that you completely ignore any potential balance issues until you decide to recognize it in hindsight.
    Ok fine. It's not the best idea. I just got hyped that someone recognised th8.

Th8 players can just save some minions to the end it will be good if this will be the last building. Just think about it. Or it can be 100% if it'll be the last without getting destroyed.
    There are a lot of solves for this situation just think about several.
    Don't disqualify defenses for nothing.
    Last edited by LaserRadiation; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:07 PM.

Th8 players can just save some minions to the end it will be good if this will be the last building. Just think about it. Or it can be 100% if it'll be the last without getting destroyed.
    There are a lot of solves for this situation just think about several.
    Don't disqualify defenses for nothing.
    If completely wiping out about half of all armies from the meta is nothing, then I suggest the giga-bomb function of th12 upwards should cover about half the map and annihilate any troop inside, taking any death spawned troops with them. That would also be nothing by your terms. Also with the minions, have you ever heard of air bombs? You would have to take fire from an untargetable defense constantly, destroy the rest of the base, and then deploy minions, only then you still have to hope you have time left and if you used all ground, you also have to hope there are no air bombs. The way you portray counters to the suggestion as "nothing" just says you are too adamant about pushing this suggestion forward to a group who will absolutely not consider it, and by that fact alone making the suggestion completely obsolete.