Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: reason for purposely complicating logging on?

Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    Information can never be fully protected, which is why the very basis of sound security is: "something you have, and something you know", or 2FA. SCID doesn't have 2FA, so I'm not using it.
    Well we already have one of the usual second factors so what your really asking for is to enter a password to access your account? Pretty much guarantee right now that many many more will lose access to there accounts if this happens!
    COC MAIN: Max TH13 Clash Profile
    COC SECOND: less that 40 walls left to max TH13 Clash profile
    COC THIRD: Working on TH13 Clash profile

Information can never be fully protected, which is why the very basis of sound security is: "something you have, and something you know", or 2FA. SCID doesn't have 2FA, so I'm not using it.
    You’re correct information can’t be fully protected especially not if you provide the credentials to someone which seems to comprise of most SC ID breaches we read/hear about (not just my opinion, even in this thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12791526), and though this is not necessarily what you stated or that I think you believe, it’s unreasonable to think the same boogeyman who can compromise a SC ID login can’t compromise a google play or game center login.

Pro Member
    I'm confused. You need to enter a code to get access to your Supercell ID and accounts connected to it. I was under the impression that you needed to check your email to receive such a code, and you could uncheck "remember me" to be required to do the process whenever you want to access your account. Is this 2FA?

Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    I'm confused. You need to enter a code to get access to your Supercell ID and accounts connected to it. I was under the impression that you needed to check your email to receive such a code, and you could uncheck "remember me" to be required to do the process whenever you want to access your account. Is this 2FA?
    I think so. The something you have is your email address linked to your village. The something you know is the verification code sent to your email. Maybe swap them. Either way, you're the only person who should be able to receive the code. It's a little different from regular 2FA which would usually require a login ID and password plus the code.

A really simple example of 2FA I read is your ATM card is something you have, and your PIN is something you know. It doesn't have to be some complicated multi-factor authentication to be two-factor authentication.
    Last edited by toofinedog; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:22 PM.

It is not. Even for those saying 'something you have and something you know' that much should be clear. In the case of SCID there is no 'something you know' - so no.... but the hijacking is just about complete so don't expect a clear answer - unfortunately.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    It is not. Even for those saying 'something you have and something you know' that much should be clear. In the case of SCID there is no 'something you know' - so no.... but the hijacking is just about complete so don't expect a clear answer - unfortunately.
    But SC ID is 2FA, correct? Which would be much safer than playing without it, for without SC ID anyone who has access to your device has access to your village?

But SC ID is 2FA, correct? Which would be much safer than playing without it, for without SC ID anyone who has access to your device has access to your village?
    No, it's not. There is no 2FA for SCID.

Yes. If you didn't save your login as you stated (and as I did many posts ago), then a person with access to your device only has no way to access your supercell ID unless they also knew your email address and could receive the notifications for the code, but as previously said, there are measures you can take to mitigate issues involving device and email security. Let's simplify this by saying they know your email address linked to your village, not the login just the address. You're not usually handing your device to a scammer unless they're known to you. Maybe we're taking the security for granted by remembering the SC ID, but it's more secure and a bigger hassle to reconnect every time, and we can't have complete security and convenience without giving a little on either end.
    Last edited by toofinedog; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:47 PM.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    No, it's not. There is no 2FA for SCID.
    It's the other way around; there is no 2FA if you play without SC ID.

It's the other way around; there is no 2FA if you play without SC ID.
    There definitely isn’t, so anyone resistant to using a supercell ID because of a belief of lack of 2FA isn’t making a sound argument.