Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: reason for purposely complicating logging on?

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The ability to quickly switch between SCID accounts via the fast switch button was originally added to speed up the steps for switching between different SCID accounts. It's only available when you have multiple SCID accounts saved on a single device. Using it to log out and switch between SCID and non-SCID accounts was never its intended use. When the SCID team added a faster, smoother way of switching we [the Clash team] decided to use it. We strongly encourage players to use SCID on all their accounts regardless.
    This is really getting annoying.

The Why, and I'm sorry but I do think you full well know what was meant here, pertains to the WHY have you deliberately made it more difficult [check the title]. The whole marketing text about how great SCID is, we're hearing enough of that. Why are you making it deliberately more difficult? How hard is it to give a straight answer?

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Thank you, Darian. This has been a great improvement to switching between Supercell IDs. Looks like I’ll never see that “play without supercell ID screen” again unless I really work for it (following the instructions you and other have laid out), so it’s nice to not have to trip over it from time to time without the intent to do so. Account transitioning has gotten so much better. Thanks again.
    You really couldn't find one of the other posts for this, right? It wasn't deep enough or something?

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post

The Why, and I'm sorry but I do think you full well know what was meant here, pertains to the WHY have you deliberately made it more difficult [check the title]. The whole marketing text about how great SCID is, we're hearing enough of that. Why are you making it deliberately more difficult? How hard is it to give a straight answer?
    Read Darian's post; I don't think they ever intended to make it more difficult. You're just using it in a way that was unexpected and discouraged. While they won't stop you, they also won't devote time to making your request a reality. Me, I connect all my accounts with SC ID, and I have no problems with the service at all.

Forum Veteran

Not trying to be antagonistic but canít the Ďwhyí simply be that the new layout is a better experience for those on SCID?

If they develop a UI that makes it a smoother transition for those using their preferred method and if this has an adverse effect on those choosing not to, so be it?

If Apple opts to make it smoother using their Map application rather than say, Google Maps, within iOS then itís up to them as itís their system. I think this is the scenario here.

It doesnít strike me that a deliberate act to make it harder was made, merely a change enacted to make it easier for their preferred route.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveoUk View Post
    Not trying to be antagonistic but can’t the ‘why’ simply be that the new layout is a better experience for those on SCID?

If they develop a UI that makes it a smoother transition for those using their preferred method and if this has an adverse effect on those choosing not to, so be it?

If Apple opts to make it smoother using their Map application rather than say, Google Maps, within iOS then it’s up to them as it’s their system. I think this is the scenario here.

It doesn’t strike me that a deliberate act to make it harder was made, merely a change enacted to make it easier for their preferred route.
    Nothing was made 'more easier'. For switching between SCID it is the same. That, combined with the three different 'flags' this got within a day, really say something else and not 'merely a change enacted to make it easier'. It could be really simple to give an honest answer to a simple question. Now it is clear that for some reason no straight answer is given. Which begs the question why... and yes, I can see it won't be answered, there will just be more hubhub and pretending ... oh well, that's the way of Tencent apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We strongly encourage players to use SCID on all their accounts regardless.
    Can we get "Log out from other device" or atleast "Notification for if log in from unknown device" feature to make it more easy.

Quote Originally Posted by APURV77 View Post
    Can we get "Log out from other device" or atleast "Notification for if log in from unknown device" feature to make it more easy.
    That is a totally different topic....

You really couldn't find one of the other posts for this, right? It wasn't deep enough or something?
    There’s absolutely nothing wrong with replying to an official source about a serious issue. Switching between SC IDs has never been smoother. It’s amazing, I love it!

If you don’t like the content of someone’s post, report it to an actual moderator instead of trying to assume that role please. Thank you.

That is a totally different topic....
    Okay
    I thought the reason for this change is given as "to make easier" (my english is not so good so maybe i misunderstood it)

Simple solution, register it with sc id.
    If there was a security risk, we will never get an answer.
    When they now choose to reset an earlier improvement, it's a little strange

Edit: when sc first time came, it was like this. Then they're change it. I think.
    Last edited by WarpeR; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:22 PM. Reason: More infi