Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: reason for purposely complicating logging on?

reason for purposely complicating logging on?

What is the reason that the 'bug' as it was first called now all of a sudden is a 'feature' - the not being able to switch to non-SCID accounts any longer in an intuitive way?

Why has this been made more complicated on purpose? No explanation, just all of a sudden numerous messages popping up 'that there has been a change'.

And again, like before, this was 'forgotten' to be mentioned anywhere? Really?
    What is the problem with SCID that makes being open about it apparently a big issue? Every. single. time?

Uh I don't understand exactly Jus.
    Can you tell how that bug/feature changed logging into non SCID accounts. I don't use them personally
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

Here is how i switch between scid and non scid villages. It is two more clicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    Again. I have switched between non scid villages and scid villages without any need of new verification code by simply clicking the fast switch button.
    In pictures.

I would like to see how it looks like for you.
    Last edited by wotanwaton; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minley View Post
    Uh I don't understand exactly Jus.
    Can you tell how that bug/feature changed logging into non SCID accounts. I don't use them personally
    When you use the button with the two arrows to switch between accounts (if you have more than one account) you could choose between
    . tapping on an existing account in the list and
    . tapping on the X at the top to go back to the screen with two buttons: logon with SCID and logon without SCID

Now the update has dropped, one
    . presses the button and first
    . has to logon again to a saved account
    . press the 'connected' button
    . switch to the profile page by tapping on the gear icon
    . choose 'log out'
    . confirm you want to log out
    . and THEN you get the screen you already had before.

NOTHING was broken, it worked as it should for months, and now - AFTER calling it a bug, it all of a sudden is something (yet again) 'forgotten to mention'.... What the heck is going on with SCID? This does NOT give off any 'good' vibes of 'safety'.

I tfeels more like everyone who's hesitant (and in my personal opinion with good reason!) to use SCID has to be bullied into using it or something? I sincerely wonder WHY

the white knight ... can you put that spam somewhere else please? It's really getting to be annoying again

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    When you use the button with the two arrows to switch between accounts (if you have more than one account) you could choose between
    . tapping on an existing account in the list and
    . tapping on the X at the top to go back to the screen with two buttons: logon with SCID and logon without SCID

Now the update has dropped, one
    . presses the button and first
    . has to logon again to a saved account
    . press the 'connected' button
    . switch to the profile page by tapping on the gear icon
    . choose 'log out'
    . confirm you want to log out
    . and THEN you get the screen you already had before.

NOTHING was broken, it worked as it should for months, and now - AFTER calling it a bug, it all of a sudden is something (yet again) 'forgotten to mention'.... What the heck is going on with SCID? This does NOT give off any 'good' vibes of 'safety'.

I tfeels more like everyone who's hesitant (and in my personal opinion with good reason!) to use SCID has to be bullied into using it or something? I sincerely wonder WHY
    oooh yeah. So when you press switch it doesn't take to play without scid or play with scid, I remember. I would say having it go to choose otplay with/without scid screen is better

Usnavi

what you're showing is how to switch between scid

Usnavi

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    It is more smooth now. Earlier there was a split second time between clicking those arrows and the screen of your email ids. Now it is much fast. I like it. But I also agree, it take more time to login from a non-scid account (which I created just to experience the starter challenges).

Is there a reason you haven’t just converted your non scid accounts to scid? Seems this would be easier than switching between scid and non scid

edit: I quite like that your not immediately logged out when you click the switch button, the amount of times I did that on auto pilot when I was actually meaning to change my base layout from my upgrades base to my defence base you wouldn’t believe! Now I can relax in the knowledge I won’t get attacked before I get back on!

Retracted edit 2: was a log in button I saw not a logout
    Last edited by Doddsyuk; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:43 PM.
    COC MAIN: Max TH13 Clash Profile
    COC SECOND: less that 40 walls left to max TH13 Clash profile
    COC THIRD: Working on TH13 Clash profile

Quote Originally Posted by Doddsyuk View Post
    Is there a reason you haven’t just converted your non scid accounts to scid? Seems this would be easier than switching between scid and non scid

edit: I quite like that your not immediately logged out when you click the switch button, the amount of times I did that on auto pilot when I was actually meaning to change my base layout from my upgrades base to my defence base you wouldn’t believe! Now I can relax in the knowledge I won’t get attacked before I get back on!

Retracted edit 2: was a log in button I saw not a logout
    One of the reasons is for instance having baby accounts in clans we use for CWL and not much besides that. With all of the issues with SCID accounts and clans being .... 'taken' (SC probably doesn't want me to say stolen, but that is what the owners say) it seems they do not tend to switch over ownership of low level accounts. To be safe I do not want these on SCID without more assurance of the so called 'safety' we hear so much about. I have some accounts that are not SCID on purpose.

This just feels like bullying people into using their service, even with the many open questions and queries they choose not to answer....

Again: it wasn't broken, nothing was wrong, nothing was said about it, then it was a bug and now all of a sudden there's messages popping up everywhere that this is intentional. So why is this intentional then? Besides bullying people who have CHosEN to no go with SCID for valid reasons (until proven otherwise) into going for SCID?