Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: reason for purposely complicating logging on?

The old system logged you out and then you logged into an account.

The new system switches account

In my opinion the new system is quicker and I can can also see what account I am switching from so I prefer it.

Darian did say why they had chosen it, it’s because SCID is there preferred account switching and security method.
    COC MAIN: Max TH13 Clash Profile
    COC SECOND: less that 40 walls left to max TH13 Clash profile
    COC THIRD: Working on TH13 Clash profile

Fresh Spawn
    Agree with JusMe.. cause i m in the same situation. N i feel we r being forced to use the SCID ....
    WHY ???

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Nothing was made 'more easier'. For switching between SCID it is the same.
    This is just false. Switching SCIDís is way smoother and faster now. One of the good changes actually.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Nothing was made 'more easier'. For switching between SCID it is the same.
    Not quite. It is slightly easier. Not much, but it is.

That, combined with the three different 'flags' this got within a day,
    One of those was my fault. I think I was misunderstanding the issue, and thought people couldn't switch to a non-SCID accounts at all, which was flagged up as a bug initially. So I said this was a bug when it wasn't./

[quote[]
    really say something else and not 'merely a change enacted to make it easier'. It could be really simple to give an honest answer to a simple question. Now it is clear that for some reason no straight answer is given. Which begs the question why... and yes, I can see it won't be answered, there will just be more hubhub and pretending
    [/quote]
    I doubt there will ever be any "pretending".

... oh well, that's the way of Tencent apparently.
    I thought you knew better than that. There is noting SC do which is "the Tencent way". Supercell do things the way they always have done, and probably always will do. The "Supercell way".

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The ability to quickly switch between SCID accounts via the fast switch button was originally added to speed up the steps for switching between different SCID accounts. It's only available when you have multiple SCID accounts saved on a single device. Using it to log out and switch between SCID and non-SCID accounts was never its intended use. When the SCID team added a faster, smoother way of switching we [the Clash team] decided to use it. We strongly encourage players to use SCID on all their accounts regardless.
    I am one of those that use both SCID and non SCID. The reason I don't and can't use SCID on all my accounts is because I can't.

One of my accounts does not give me the option to register with SCID. Multiple attempts to use the in game help just got my account ban and weeks of begging/explaining to get it reactivated.

Quote Originally Posted by superfudge View Post
    I am one of those that use both SCID and non SCID. The reason I don't and can't use SCID on all my accounts is because I can't.

One of my accounts does not give me the option to register with SCID. Multiple attempts to use the in game help just got my account ban and weeks of begging/explaining to get it reactivated.
    I think you have a legitimate concern, and I hope you can resolve it. Have you tried contacting support outside of the game? For sake of the subject of this thread (using a Supercell ID v not using one), would you save the troubled one to a Supercell ID if you could, or would you prefer them to both be disconnected based on your experience using both login methods simultaneously?

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    I think you have a legitimate concern, and I hope you can resolve it. Have you tried contacting support outside of the game? For sake of the subject of this thread (using a Supercell ID v not using one), would you save the troubled one to a Supercell ID if you could, or would you prefer them to both be disconnected based on your experience using both login methods simultaneously?
    I would love for my 1 account that is not on SCID to be on SCID just like my other 9 accounts.
    It is a huge pain to switch to that 1 non-SCID account.
    Last edited by superfudge; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    People not going to SC ID are people who are being overly cautious. Interpret cautious as stupid if the shoe fits, but instead interpret overly cautious as unnecessarily cautious. SC ID is as good as two-factor authentication if you fully log out every time. And if you don't, don't share your device or your linked email login info, and it's just as good.

There is no documented proof that isn't a he said/she said scenario in bugs and problems where the person who unwillingly or unwittingly gave away their login information did not admit they were scammed, tricked, or were stolen from, because no one likes to admit they were fooled or victimized.

If there is proof, link it, because anecdotal reference without proof is nothing, and be mindful of forum rules about discussion of conversations with support when presenting this evidence.

Also keep in mind, interactions with OTTO involve a human at one end who, if a scammer, has already acquired the security details they need, meaning a breach already occurred before they contacted support. Protect your information.
    Information can never be fully protected, which is why the very basis of sound security is: "something you have, and something you know", or 2FA. SCID doesn't have 2FA, so I'm not using it.
    Last edited by obarthelemy; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    Information can never be fully protected, which is why the very basis of sound security is: "something you have, and something you know", or 2FA. SCID doesn't have 2FA, so I'm not using it.
    Maybe thats something sc can look into adding optionally?
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    It's connected with your original email account. So if that account is having 2FA, why worry about whether SCID has it or not, unless you're planning to log in randomly in several devices.

I won't mind if they add 2FA to it and also an option to logout from all active devices, but it's still secure right now.
    Last edited by darpan2704coc; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:15 AM.