Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: reason for purposely complicating logging on?

OP, the only help I can give, if you have more than one device and desire to keep both signon methods: I have my main not on SCID (still on GC) on one device, my minis on another device on SCID. I do not mix them on same device.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    One thing needs a response and after this I will drop it. but first a warning.
    This thread was started (and yes you’re the OP) about switching between villages which are not using an SCID by engaging in the pros and cons about SCID we are straying from the topic and the topic will soon be hijacked and rehashed since we’ve recently has a long thread about this. If that happens we will close this one. So that’s why this first and last warning. And as promised I will drop this too after this last comment.
    Duly noted, in itself no rehash needed, since information will not be given anyway. That was and is not the purpose of this post.

This portion of your post needs a response.
    You could also argue that you give up your bank account because that can be “hacked” with whatapp fraud, phishing etc etc.
    You also know that the source of these types of SCID issues is always with the owner being careless.
    Anywho you’re free to not use SCID and I am truly happy that players have a choice. But by repeating this it creates unnecessary panic and concern and that needs addressing.
    I would love to not be forced to have a bank account.... but let's not get into that, it's another can of worms far bigger than these forums can handle...

On actual the topic I can’t contribute I’m afraid as I don’t have so many accounts and the ones I have are connected to SCID. I hope the forums can help you.
    The information that is needed, and that should have been readily available BEFOREHAND, has to come from SC... so why the silence. Where is the explanation. What necessitated this overcomplication? And why the change from 'nothing' to 'bug' to 'feature' in what, half a day?

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Please don't oversimplify the issue and state that the ones not going to SCID are stupid kids or something. Grown-ups who are not sharing their information have and have had issues. There is documented proof of accounts having their email address changed without any human interaction through otto bot. I strongly dislike your implications and insinuation.
    I can understand people not going to SCID at all. I really don't understand why anybody would go partially. Supercell never expected anybody to do that. They expected everybody would either use SCID or not use it, not that they would use it for some accounts while not using it for others.

And of course, they would strongly prefer everybody to use it, as once set up it is definitely more secure than not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I can understand people not going to SCID at all. I really don't understand why anybody would go partially. Supercell never expected anybody to do that. They expected everybody would either use SCID or not use it, not that they would use it for some accounts while not using it for others.

And of course, they would strongly prefer everybody to use it, as once set up it is definitely more secure than not using it.
    Ajax, I'm sure you remember the folks who were definitely NOT intending to go to SCID but who ran into trouble and all of a sudden found one or even more of their bases linked to SCID? Support then chose to not support these people with regard to that fact but they were forced to remain on SCID for those bases.

Not saying this for the purpose of rehashing that part in particular, or anything else.... but it IS one of the reasons....

And it's tellin' me that things are not the same
    Yes I remember... they made it easier/better. And now they are making things purposely more difficult. If there is a good reason for that, why not be open and honest about it?
    I'm one of those who loooove typing CONFIRM (secretly hoping they make it non sensitive case and trim extra space) and switch Game Center accounts. Nah, seriously! It's a treat for my brain.

I remember reading somewhere or maybe even in video talk that Supercell ID feature is developped and maintained by a separated team (or "cell" as they call it) for all SC games, not only Clash. Supercell ID has its own roadmap independant to Clash of Clans / Hay Day. When the time comes, each game will get new features from Supercell ID (like Clash got friends via SC ID but Hay Day hasn't).

The issue observed here is about a change in UI that improved the process for some while making it confusing for some others.
    1. Is that the intention? - I don't know. Could be a side effect of a QOL?
    2. Why aren't players informed? - Yes, why not? Being developped by a separate team requires even more communication to make sure things go smoothly for all use cases when player experience is affected (in a good or bad way).
    3. Where do Players get technical information about Supercell ID? - Can't find anything useful beside the marketing text which doesn't list the inconvenients of Supercell ID. The information about how to start a new game is also not true at all --> how can I even trust other information when my account is at risk with a wrong manipulation?

To sum up, I agree that Supercell ID deserved some proper documentation to inform player about what's happening with their accounts. As of now, it is more like a "no going back" decision to join Supercell ID and it is some time too late to learn from their own mistakes.

Better safe than sorry.
    Last edited by meonhoc; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:40 PM. Reason: hide sig

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #26
    Ajax, I'm sure you remember the folks who were definitely NOT intending to go to SCID but who ran into trouble and all of a sudden found one or even more of their bases linked to SCID? Support then chose to not support these people with regard to that fact but they were forced to remain on SCID for those bases.

Not saying this for the purpose of rehashing that part in particular, or anything else.... but it IS one of the reasons....
    No, actually, I didn't remember that. I wasn't aware of it, but yes it does explain why for some.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #27
    Just an FYI the account switch workflow has changed a little bit in this update, so if you're having issues switching to your non-Supercell ID account, please try the following: go to in-game Settings - Supercell ID - SCID Settings - Log Out. You should then see the option to Play Without Supercell ID, and switch to your alt account!
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Just an FYI the account switch workflow has changed a little bit in this update, so if you're having issues switching to your non-Supercell ID account, please try the following: go to in-game Settings - Supercell ID - SCID Settings - Log Out. You should then see the option to Play Without Supercell ID, and switch to your alt account!
    In case this was meant to be funny or serious: that we already knew.

The question was and is: WHY

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Thank you, Darian. This has been a great improvement to switching between Supercell IDs. Looks like I’ll never see that “play without supercell ID screen” again unless I really work for it (following the instructions you and other have laid out), so it’s nice to not have to trip over it from time to time without the intent to do so. Account transitioning has gotten so much better. Thanks again.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #30
    In case this was meant to be funny or serious: that we already knew.

The question was and is: WHY
    The ability to quickly switch between SCID accounts via the fast switch button was originally added to speed up the steps for switching between different SCID accounts. It's only available when you have multiple SCID accounts saved on a single device. Using it to log out and switch between SCID and non-SCID accounts was never its intended use. When the SCID team added a faster, smoother way of switching we [the Clash team] decided to use it. We strongly encourage players to use SCID on all their accounts regardless.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.