Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: reason for purposely complicating logging on?

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    There definitely isn’t, so anyone resistant to using a supercell ID because of a belief of lack of 2FA isn’t making a sound argument.
    Something that isn't true, doesn't become true, no matter how many times it is repeated

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Something that isn't true, doesn't become true, no matter how many times it is repeated
    I haven’t repeated anything here, so what part of that statement isn’t true? The part where a Clash of Clans google play/game center login doesn’t have 2FA or the part where making an argument against supercell ID shouldn’t be based on something google play/game center also doesn’t have?

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #63
    No, it's not. There is no 2FA for SCID.
    Technically, 2FA is inherent in SCID.

2FA means you must have access to two things, and for SCID to work, you must have access to the physical device, and to the relevant email account.

What people are wanting isn't just 2FA, it is MFA.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #64
    Correct, but completely irrelevant.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostentatious View Post
    It's the other way around; there is no 2FA if you play without SC ID.
    There certainly can be.

You can set up 2FA on your google account. Though it isn't as god as it should be, in that it doesn't require regular re-authentication once logged in from one device.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    There certainly can be.

You can set up 2FA on your google account. Though it isn't as god as it should be, in that it doesn't require regular re-authentication once logged in from one device.
    Then, I don't recognize it as 2FA. What good is keeping your email safe if your account is compromised if someone gains access to your device, which is more likely to happen?

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #67
    Then, I don't recognize it as 2FA. What good is keeping your email safe if your account is compromised if someone gains access to your device, which is more likely to happen?
    Which will be the case with 90%+ of all 2FA for a phone application.

A large majority of 2FA systems use either texts to your phone or an authenticator app installed on your phone.

And I use quite a few in different circumstances, and I think there is only ONE of those (For my work Amazon Web service management console) where you need it every time you log on. Every other one I have seen allows you to remember the device for a period. Google is the only one where that is infinite, most are 30 days.

And TBH, for a game, 2FA is mildly overkill. I wouldn't miond seeing it, and would use it if it were available, but only because I already use it for a number of applications, and am familiar and comfortable with using it. Most players wouldn't be.

How hard is it to protect your device. Set a password. Use your fingerprint or face recognition. Set it so that it wipes after a certain number of attempts. I had a tablet stolen once. I sent the wipe device command. Only regret was that is wasn't a brick device command. But my data was safe. Another addition is quick lock. When I close my tablet cover or hit the power button on phone, locked. Basic protection measures to secure a device that has a ton of sensitive info.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Which will be the case with 90%+ of all 2FA for a phone application.

A large majority of 2FA systems use either texts to your phone or an authenticator app installed on your phone.

And I use quite a few in different circumstances, and I think there is only ONE of those (For my work Amazon Web service management console) where you need it every time you log on. Every other one I have seen allows you to remember the device for a period. Google is the only one where that is infinite, most are 30 days.

And TBH, for a game, 2FA is mildly overkill. I wouldn't miond seeing it, and would use it if it were available, but only because I already use it for a number of applications, and am familiar and comfortable with using it. Most players wouldn't be.
    So many 2FA systems use your mobile device as a method of authentication, but if the app you want to gain access to is on said device, that would defeat the purpose of 2FA. What I want to know is, is there a way to set up some form of 2FA system for Clash (or something close to it) without SC ID? I would really be interested in learning more, since if it works without SC ID it would probably would for any game.

So many 2FA systems use your mobile device as a method of authentication, but if the app you want to gain access to is on said device, that would defeat the purpose of 2FA. What I want to know is, is there a way to set up some form of 2FA system for Clash (or something close to it) without SC ID? I would really be interested in learning more, since if it works without SC ID it would probably would for any game.
    I know of at least one other non-Supercell game that uses a login system exactly like Supercell ID, except it isn’t Supercell ID, so I’m guessing the framework is universal.

With that game, you get logged out after a period of inactivity, I usually don’t touch the game for months at a time. As a daily clasher, for all I know, Supercell does the same, but if they don’t, maybe they have the capacity to do so on a timed basis.

Maybe some people need that feeling of security knowing they have to re-up their Supercell ID login daily, weekly, monthly, but for right now, those people have the option to “forget” their login and experience the confirmation code login each time they open the app if they so choose.

If you’re not on SC ID, log off your google play or game center every night, though what would be the reason for purposely complicating logging on?
    Last edited by toofinedog; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:59 AM.