Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: trap gear-ups. (available from th4)

Glad you are admitting to your bias to TH 8, but removing that topic, geared up traps, seems like a coolio idea
    You really want some bread? Then go ahead create a set of goals
and cross em off your list as you pursue em

Usnavi

Quote Originally Posted by Minley View Post
    Glad you are admitting to your bias to TH 8, but removing that topic, geared up traps, seems like a coolio idea
    I always admitted to my th8 bias and always was biased towards th8. I think these geared up traps would be a fun new toy for players to build more variation of bases since they are things that we've never seen before and could probably work.

Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Hmmm. Good but how about th7 gets air bombs, th8 gets seeking air mine garrisons (as described in the original post), th9 gets bombs, th10 gets giant bombs and th11, gets spring traps and th12 gets skeleton trap garrisons (instead of 4 skeletons popping out 2 skeletons with shields just like the skeleton spell pop out.
    No, lower th should get lower trap as gear up first. The order in shop in the game is perfectly balanced for one garrison per th

Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    No, lower th should get lower trap as gear up first. The order in shop in the game is perfectly balanced for one garrison per th
    Fine. We can go with the garrison order that you suggested. As long as these make it into the game, I'll be fine.

Forum All-Star
    Fine. We can go with the garrison order that you suggested. As long as these make it into the game, I'll be fine.
    You do understand that it does not matter how many agree with you it's up to SC if something is added?
    It doesn't matter how many views or how many posts the link provided is proof with over 5k posts, 400k views and created October 2014. PETITION-Make-Heroes-Usable-in-Clan-Wars-While-Upgrading

The way you are going about things I see your forum account being banned before your "make th8 great" ideas come into the game.

The question you should ask yourself with these ideas is why. Why should this be added but the problem is you can't answer the question because you are so biased that you don't care why.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:50 AM.

Lurking somewhere. Why can’t we smirk in here?
    I’m just going to pull out a few points, not interested in getting into an argument, just giving my opinion, as idea discussion threads are for. I won’t get into the builders base connection, because that’s a bit of a separate issue now, it seems.

... I like it because it makes attacking for me harder and is actually a needed change. These traps however should be implemented at th7 and as an OP, it is my idea so I would like to decide when you can unlock these.
    Makes attacking harder...keep that point in mind for further down.

The other thing here: I don’t think SC has ever taken an idea from one person and just put it into the game exactly the way that one person wants it.
    We each have our own experiences to consider, while the game team needs to consider the experience for *everyone*.

So if you have a cool idea that you think would make the game more interesting, don’t insist that people need to agree to it exactly as you outlined, otherwise it’s likely to just get ignored. Some may agree, some may not. As some have said, they think it may be a good idea, with a few tweaks. If you want people to support you in this, I suggest you don’t make it an “all-or-nothing” deal.

...the traps are kind of the weak point of the game so I want to make them more interesting and sometimes more helpful.
    More helpful. Tack this on to the “makes attacking harder point, above”.

...These traps don't give people advantages, there is just more choice for base designing.

If I want th7 that's fine isn't it? Why is it killing you that I have a chance to get my way? I would like to have my way whilst other people being happy since once they get these garrisons, they are permanent to the base and can switch them back to normal if need be.

th7 doesn't have many things to upgrade so I think it's best if it goes to th7 so the th7s can get all these garrisons out of the way so that at th9 you have less upgrades. There are already enough upgrades as it is at th9 and not enough at th7 so it's best if these garrisons go to th7 so th7s have more to play with and then they'll have these garrisons for the rest of the game.
    So... in order to “be more helpful” by “making attacking harder”, then by your definition the traps would go beyond aesthetics and “more interesting” options for base designing. There perhaps isn’t an “advantage” if everyone can access them, but you’re talking about something that would affect the balance of the game (even if slightly). Otherwise, it wouldn’t be making a difference or make anything harder. And since they are obviously permanent (no matter when they start), the team would have to examine their effect on the balance of the game, throughout all the town hall levels.

I DO understand the point about TH7 having less to do than 9. I spent Idk how long at 7 (wasn’t keeping track then), six months at 8, and two years at 9, lol. But my experience then, before any of the BB, CG, CWL, potions books and hammers were added, is no doubt vastly different from people starting the game now.

And as has been said, SC is all about moving people through those lower halls faster, not giving more for them to do. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they did add gear ups to traps like this, that they’d find a way to make it work for TH15+ or something, nevermind 7-9.
    Last edited by MommySnooks; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:44 PM.

Thanks TerM!

Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    You do understand that it does not matter how many agree with you it's up to SC if something is added?
    It doesn't matter how many views or how many posts the link provided is proof with over 5k posts, 400k views and created October 2014. PETITION-Make-Heroes-Usable-in-Clan-Wars-While-Upgrading

The way you are going about things I see your forum account being banned before your "make th8 great" ideas come into the game.

The question you should ask yourself with these ideas is why. Why should this be added but the problem is you can't answer the question because you are so biased that you don't care why.
    seems like you want me banned. There's nothing I'm doing to get banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post
    I’m just going to pull out a few points, not interested in getting into an argument, just giving my opinion, as idea discussion threads are for. I won’t get into the builders base connection, because that’s a bit of a separate issue now, it seems.

Makes attacking harder...keep that point in mind for further down.

The other thing here: I don’t think SC has ever taken an idea from one person and just put it into the game exactly the way that one person wants it.
    We each have our own experiences to consider, while the game team needs to consider the experience for *everyone*.

So if you have a cool idea that you think would make the game more interesting, don’t insist that people need to agree to it exactly as you outlined, otherwise it’s likely to just get ignored. Some may agree, some may not. As some have said, they think it may be a good idea, with a few tweaks. If you want people to support you in this, I suggest you don’t make it an “all-or-nothing” deal.

More helpful. Tack this on to the “makes attacking harder point, above”.

So... in order to “be more helpful” by “making attacking harder”, then by your definition the traps would go beyond aesthetics and “more interesting” options for base designing. There perhaps isn’t an “advantage” if everyone can access them, but you’re talking about something that would affect the balance of the game (even if slightly). Otherwise, it wouldn’t be making a difference or make anything harder. And since they are obviously permanent (no matter when they start), the team would have to examine their effect on the balance of the game, throughout all the town hall levels.

I DO understand the point about TH7 having less to do than 9. I spent Idk how long at 7 (wasn’t keeping track then), six months at 8, and two years at 9, lol. But my experience then, before any of the BB, CG, CWL, potions books and hammers were added, is no doubt vastly different from people starting the game now.

And as has been said, SC is all about moving people through those lower halls faster, not giving more for them to do. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they did add gear ups to traps like this, that they’d find a way to make it work for TH15+ or something, nevermind 7-9.
    Yes supercell won't take my ideas exactly, they sure will make tweaks to them. I'd be fine if it goes to th15 even though I really don't care at this point. Exactly, no advantage to the traps, just variations. I am not forcing people to agree completely, I expect disagreements multiple times.

Forum All-Star
    seems like you want me banned. There's nothing I'm doing to get banned.
    If that's what you got out of my post then good luck on your ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    If that's what you got out of my post then good luck on your ideas.
    It kind of takes the mickey when you say that I don't care why. Why do I need a perfect reason? If it is a good idea that doesn't harm anyone then it is fine surely.