Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: trap gear-ups. (available from th4)

Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    I just don’t get it really... you bang on about how great TH8 is, but you want to change it....
    I know you suggest TH4... but these then flow into TH8... not surprising really.
    It's a change from th7 upwards as suggested in the newest post. What have you got against th8 is the question I have to ask you? This is not th8 exactly but supercell does changes that can affect the whole game and this is one of them.

I think if gear-up traps were added, they should follow the progression that defenses do, which is from the regular version to the builder version. Yes, some people hate the builder base, some people love it (I’m kidding, I don’t think anyone loves it), and some people like me see it as a means to an end for OTTO, clan games, and daily challenges.

I know you already changed your initial premise to disassociate gear-up traps from the builder base, but as long as we’re calling them gear-ups, that’s how it has to be. If you mean “gear-ups” as a way for us to know what the idea is like, that’s cool too.

Again, if we’re calling them gear-ups, let’s assume the builder base is involved. Just like gear-up defenses, there should be a minimum bb trap level and a minimum MV trap level to do a gear-up, irrespective of the town hall level but instead of the defense level where it is seen to be the most balanced.

I wouldn’t mind repurposing 1 spring trap into a push trap, 1 bomb into a ground/air stationary bomb, and 1 big bomb into a big ground/air stationary bomb. Traps that don’t have a builder counterpart should not have a gear-up.

Changing one trap to behave differently, not better, is in no way game-breaking, but given the general distaste in the forums for the builder base, even if it’s a good idea, it won’t be treated as one here.

Also, please don’t make every thread about th8. We know you love it. There’s nothing wrong with loving it, but inasmuch as every thread becomes a link to a th8 issue, chill. There are many other things about the game to love and hate and many other things we can discuss without devolving back to a “th8 difficulty is like Super Mario Brothers” discussion which I’ve seen at least twice now. I do have a couple layouts saved on minis that are Raccoon Mario and a 1-up Mushroom, but the relationship between two radically different games should end at the layout editor.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Just to note, you can gear-up each of these gear-ups more than once to make them more effective
    Lists of gear-ups:
    the spring trap becomes a double spring trap so two spring traps, with half the troop capacity of the original spring so one spring trap activates to spring off a 5 capacity troops (assuming it is level one) then another mini spring trap pops up a split second later to spring off another 5 capacity troop. (Keep in mind, this is not an upgrade). This can be obtained by upgrading the spring trap in the builder base village multiple times.
    The small bomb becomes a pusher bomb which does no damage whatsoever but is will shove troops no matter the troop capacity (even a golem will be able to be shoved). This can be used to push troops into other traps and can be obtained by upgrading the push trap in the builder base village multiple times.
    Edit: the pusher bomb at level 1 pushes 0.2 tiles and it goes up by 0.2 as the bomb is upgraded by 1 level.
    The air bomb also works like the spring trap but this time it splits into 4 but the damage is more gradual. So if an air bomb does 100 damage, this will gear up to 4 air bombs in a single spot so air bombs will attack 1 by 1 with a one second delay in between homing in on the original target hoping to damage other troops in vicinity. This can be obtained by upgrading the mine multiple times in the builder base.
    The giant bomb will gear up to become a nuclear bomb which has a smaller trigger radius and damage radius but will do 50 more damage than usual (this may seem like an upgrade but the damage radius will only be where the visual radius is so less chance of hitting troops, but more deadly if it does).
    The seeking air mine will gear up to become weaker damage 1000 at level 1 instead of 1500, but will reactivate after 10 seconds and attack a troop that comes in it's radius again. However, it can only attack troops twice including the first time so after it has reactivated after 10 seconds, it will not reactivate again.
    Please note that these gear-ups are not upgrades and even though some do more damage, this will reward the players who placed these traps in a good spot and will give more diversity to base designs.
    None of what you have listed are gear ups.

Gear ups are where a main base defence gets an alernate version similar to a BB defence. So possibly with traps, you could have the regular spring trap gear up to have an alternate which worked like the BB push trap.

I can't see a lot else that could reasonably be used that way.

Forum Superstar
    Exactly, these small gear-ups will encourage people to like builder base
    It will NOT encourage folks to like the BB. It WILL encourage them to do the BB to get the gearups, that is all it will do.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesn’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    It will NOT encourage folks to like the BB. It WILL encourage them to do the BB to get the gearups, that is all it will do.
    Agreed. The otto update proved that.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    I think if gear-up traps were added, they should follow the progression that defenses do, which is from the regular version to the builder version. Yes, some people hate the builder base, some people love it (I’m kidding, I don’t think anyone loves it), and some people like me see it as a means to an end for OTTO, clan games, and daily challenges.

I know you already changed your initial premise to disassociate gear-up traps from the builder base, but as long as we’re calling them gear-ups, that’s how it has to be. If you mean “gear-ups” as a way for us to know what the idea is like, that’s cool too.

Again, if we’re calling them gear-ups, let’s assume the builder base is involved. Just like gear-up defenses, there should be a minimum bb trap level and a minimum MV trap level to do a gear-up, irrespective of the town hall level but instead of the defense level where it is seen to be the most balanced.

I wouldn’t mind repurposing 1 spring trap into a push trap, 1 bomb into a ground/air stationary bomb, and 1 big bomb into a big ground/air stationary bomb. Traps that don’t have a builder counterpart should not have a gear-up.

Changing one trap to behave differently, not better, is in no way game-breaking, but given the general distaste in the forums for the builder base, even if it’s a good idea, it won’t be treated as one here.

Also, please don’t make every thread about th8. We know you love it. There’s nothing wrong with loving it, but inasmuch as every thread becomes a link to a th8 issue, chill. There are many other things about the game to love and hate and many other things we can discuss without devolving back to a “th8 difficulty is like Super Mario Brothers” discussion which I’ve seen at least twice now. I do have a couple layouts saved on minis that are Raccoon Mario and a 1-up Mushroom, but the relationship between two radically different games should end at the layout editor.
    Let's make it so that we don't have to play the builder base to get these gear-ups. Like I said to Ajax, I wanted to call these "garrisons" because they are alternate versions of the original traps that I have listed in my original post. This thread affects th8 but it's actually for all town hall levels from th7. Since supercell will do changes to affect the entire game, that is also a way to affect th8 too. IK you guys get annoyed at th8 so I'm trying to make changes that will benefit both you and me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    None of what you have listed are gear ups.

Gear ups are where a main base defence gets an alernate version similar to a BB defence. So possibly with traps, you could have the regular spring trap gear up to have an alternate which worked like the BB push trap.

I can't see a lot else that could reasonably be used that way.
    Hmm. This seems true. But how about instead of gearing up traps, we get alternate versions that are unique and don't exist in the builder base (since forcing people to play it will be more annoying for some) we just unlock alternate versions of these traps and every th7 trap (existing upwards too) will be able to unlock these alternate versions of traps that would unlock from th7 onwards and you also have a switch that switches back between the original trap and the alternate trap. Let's call these "garrisons" shall we? I think my ideas are fine this time, it just has nothing to do with BB so let's not make it to do with BB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Yes that was kind of the point of these gear ups. Until I decided to drop the idea of BB entirely from this idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Agreed. The otto update proved that.
    Yes it did. The only reason why I play builder base at all on any of my accounts is just to gear up my defences really.
    Last edited by Def4ultpl4y3r; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:35 PM.

Nice idea for TH9 and above. A variety in traps sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    Nice idea for TH9 and above. A variety in traps sounds cool.
    Actually, I stated in the thread th7 and above because all the traps I suggested are all th7 traps.

Forum Superstar
    Actually, I stated in the thread th7 and above because all the traps I suggested are all th7 traps.
    For me the acid test of a good idea is if it remains a good idea even if I dont benefit from it. So would your idea still be a good idea if it started at TH9 and would you still support it? Additionally, is it still a good overall idea if it affects me negatively?
    Last edited by Tosti111; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:59 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesn’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

I'm cool with the idea if it started th 9 at the earliest but since these are gear ups I think it should be 11 as a continuation of the current gear ups even if you dont have to do anything in builder base. This just keeps things consistent.

Many of these ideas are a hair too strong at lower levels. The op keeps pushing it so he can nerf th 8 offense which seems to be the only thing working against him.