Results 1 to 6 of 6

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Rigged matchmaking?

  1. #1

    Rigged matchmaking or bug?

    Basically it has become impossible for me to attack. I got to Titan 2, was attacking perfectly fine. Then, all of a sudden, I can't find a single base viable for attacking. It searches for a minute then lands on an Asian base, max th13 in Champions 1. This is almost every single attack, and they only offer 6 trophies for a 3 star.

    This issue started a day before the update. I can't help but feel like Supercell has literally just rigged it so everybody moves down in the league, to the one appropriate for their th.

    Is it just me encountering this, or is anybody else?

    I'm also aware how the matchmaking system SHOULD work, please don't think I'm a noob.
    Last edited by James979797; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:05 AM. Reason: Clarified title

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    There is no possibilty Supercell has rigged anything.

    There would also be zero benefit to them doing so.

    This is just what hapoens in the few days before and after a major update, due to high level players increasing activity significantly.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    There is no possibilty Supercell has rigged anything.

    There would also be zero benefit to them doing so.

    This is just what hapoens in the few days before and after a major update, due to high level players increasing activity significantly.
    This is just what happens? Did you read my post?

    EVERY. SINGLE. BASE is wrong for me. Trophies don't match, league doesn't match, th doesn't match and country doesn't match. It is always a th12 or 13, in an Asian country, after a minute of searching. It's not happening to anybody else in my clan, or my other account. Just my main... Sorry if I'm misunderstanding here, but does the update basically just stop matchmaking from working yeah?

    Should mention I'm th11.
    Last edited by James979797; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:43 AM.

  4. #4
    Forum Champion
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Bad Newz, VA.
    Posts
    5,944
    Quote Originally Posted by James979797 View Post
    This is just what happens? Did you read my post?

    EVERY. SINGLE. BASE is wrong for me. Trophies don't match, league doesn't match, th doesn't match and country doesn't match. It is always a th12 or 13, in an Asian country, after a minute of searching. It's not happening to anybody else in my clan, or my other account. Just my main... Sorry if I'm misunderstanding here, but does the update basically just stop matchmaking from working yeah?
    This happens EVERY update. Every single one. Matchmaking doesn’t take town hall level (or location) into account once you enter Masters. Updates mean a lot more players are online than usual. Also sounds like you are attacking during peak play time in Asia since you find it necessary to keep mentioning something so irrelevant. No change was made multiplayer matchmaking. I’m in T1 and, aside from the waiting that happens after every update, I’m finding the same variety of bases that I usually do. If they made changes they would let us know. You also fail to mention what town hall level you are? If you are a th11-12 in Titan 2, expect to find lots of maxed th13+.
    Last edited by Bigdome757; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:48 AM.

  5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by James979797 View Post
    This is just what happens? Did you read my post?

    EVERY. SINGLE. BASE is wrong for me. Trophies don't match, league doesn't match, th doesn't match and country doesn't match. It is always a th12 or 13, in an Asian country, after a minute of searching. It's not happening to anybody else in my clan, or my other account. Just my main... Sorry if I'm misunderstanding here, but does the update basically just stop matchmaking from working yeah?

    Should mention I'm th11.
    Yes, Idid read ypur post. Including the part where you stated you know how matchmaking should work. It appears you were mistaken in that,given what you now post.

    In Titans, the ONLY thing of those that are taken into account is the trophies. This is true from Champions up.

    Even below champions, legue and countryare not taken into account at all, and TH only limits it to close.

    As activity gets very high, there are far fewer bases available in the matchmaking pool, particularly at the same or higher trophies.

    So at these times, you will usually at that level be getting opponents many trophies below you. And you see TH levels in proportion to the available bases at that level. Which are almost all TH13/TH14 at the moment, with a few TH12s, and a VERY few lower.

  6. #6
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by James979797 View Post
    Basically it has become impossible for me to attack. I got to Titan 2, was attacking perfectly fine. Then, all of a sudden, I can't find a single base viable for attacking. It searches for a minute then lands on an Asian base, max th13 in Champions 1. This is almost every single attack, and they only offer 6 trophies for a 3 star.

    This issue started a day before the update. I can't help but feel like Supercell has literally just rigged it so everybody moves down in the league, to the one appropriate for their th.

    Is it just me encountering this, or is anybody else?

    I'm also aware how the matchmaking system SHOULD work, please don't think I'm a noob.

    Shock horror, at higher leagues there are higher townhalls? wow this is news.
    Could it be that you are in a league that is too high for you perhaps?

    There is simply not many th11 in titan league compared to the amount of th12+ in the league. It can't offer you easy bases if they don't exist.
    In addition titans is now where the clouds are, there are less bases available for it to offer you to attack.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •